Rumor: Anaheim willing to listen on offers for Gibson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
Really wished Sakic went after him instead of Kuemper due to Gibson having a solid deal for his prime years. His stats would be much better if he was on a better team. Look at how far Grubauer fell off when he chose the extra 500K instead of staying on a winning team

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
As crazy as it sounds, if we're dumping Kassian, I'd almost rather try to find a way to keep Koskinen. He's playing amazing, and if for one reason or another Gibson needs time to adjust to the system or something, Koskinen being there to take over would be perfect.

I think its more about the NTC than anything. This deal was agreed upon earlier in the year as well by some in our fanbases. It makes sense. The only issue seems to be the NTC.
That’s fine wasn’t sure what your cap situation looked like tbh

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Retention is out of the question with five years left on his deal, which is why this makes way more sense as an off season deal.
if anaheim is going full rebuild they are going to suck for 3-5 years. I understand retention is not ideal but the team likely wont come near the salary cap during that period of time if they are going full scorched earth. Im sure the caps could sweeten the deal too in some way.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Would be so Oilers to throw a big package together and see him remain at the same level for the next five years as he's been for the last 3.

Can already see the Fire Gibson threads :D

Would be foolish not to inquire. @Zegs2comtois Would be hard to say no to that deal.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
I've been saying this for weeks and people are only now reacting to this. Dubas should have been hard on this from the gecko.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
This stat looks overinflated with bad defensive teams.

With Anaheim it could be both.

Look at Anaheim's backup numbers the past few years.

In 2020, Ryan Miller had a better SV% obviously in a smaller workload and this year Anthony Stolarz has a better SV% and GAA playing behind the same defense, again in a smaller workload though.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Would be fine, even change liljegren to villenueve and I’d be cool with it…. But I imagine leafs would need help with cap dumps
Leafs can’t move Liljegren, and would offer a different prospect than Knies…..as well as needing cap added to the deal. I don’t see these teams doing a Gibson deal.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Gibson is much better than his stats suggest but at the same time I don't know if you can look at him necessarily as a "savior." If a team has substantial defensive problems he'll only be a band aid for so long as has been the case with the Ducks.

Reactions: Beckett

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
As crazy as it sounds, if we're dumping Kassian, I'd almost rather try to find a way to keep Koskinen. He's playing amazing, and if for one reason or another Gibson needs time to adjust to the system or something, Koskinen being there to take over would be perfect.

I think that would be a good idea. More than needing to adjust to the system, I think Gibby needs a solid week or so off. He hasn't looked the same since the all star game (the team has looked worse and he looks burned out). A small break to re-focus would be good for him.

Reactions: PostBradMalone

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
if anaheim is going full rebuild they are going to suck for 3-5 years. I understand retention is not ideal but the team likely wont come near the salary cap during that period of time if they are going full scorched earth. Im sure the caps could sweeten the deal too in some way.

It's always easy to say these things to try and make it work for your team but in reality it's highly doubtful the Ducks are eating dead money for five years just to run Gibson out of town today.

They can almost surely get more in the off season when more teams have the flexibility to get involved. Have to look at things from both sides.

Reactions: Caps8112

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010

In 2020, Ryan Miller had a better SV% obviously in a smaller workload and this year Anthony Stolarz has a better SV% and GAA playing behind the same defense, again in a smaller workload though.
Stolarz has been getting worse as the season progressed this year too. Anaheim was playing well in the beginning but dropped off defensively in the second half.

Gibson is being overworked right now. Not saying Gibson is still elite. I'm just saying it's been bad watching Anaheim defensively recently.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
heads up for people trying to make offers for Gibson, we don't need your young goalie coming back as the main piece; we have Dostal already.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

And nobody watching them with an idea of goaltending could get the idea that Miller/Stolarz were better at playing the position. Stats remain imperfect.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Blackwood plus plus ? As a base . Blackwood not being the main piece but important as it’s a goalie coming back that has potential , is young , cost is good for now

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee

And yet no Ducks fans (even the ones that want to trade Gibson) think that his backups are better then him or want to trade him because he is falling off.

Maybe watch the games.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
6 years at 6.4M and a NTC, seems kinda risky. Would definitely be an upgrade to what we currently have but can we afford that ?

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
The guy that has been mediocre at best for 3 straight years? Yeah, I know who I’m talking about, do you?

I definitely do understand context. Gibson has Anaheim playing in front of him, a team that stinks for a couple of years now.

Gibson is 100% a fine starter. On a good team with proper defense, he'd be a monster.

If I was ANA I wouldn't trade him though. Although I don't know the farm, if ANA has G prospect close to Gibson, the trade would make sense.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022

Now look up the quality of teams Stolarz is winning against.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad