Rumor: Anaheim willing to listen on offers for Gibson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Isn’t Edmonton cap strapped? How are they going to make room for Gibson is the question.

2 ducks posters already mentioned Kassian could be in as a dump with either Koskinen or Smith also going back. Koskinen is a pending UFA and Smith only has a 1 year left. Making the cap work isn't the issue. We have the future assets to overpay also. The hurdle would be Gibson's 10 team NTC

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'd work a package around Bourgault + 1st. Rather dump Smith over Koskinen. Kassian has to go. I've seen posters ask for Savoie who'd I'd include instead of Skinner. Workable frame work here though
I think id be okay with that, would love to add Skinner to Dostal tho :)

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Well, I don't mind the earlier proposal of Bourgault, 1st, Skinner and Koskinen, but I was going to propose two firsts, Carter Savoie and Konovolov, along with cap space to make it work Koskinen, if we can't make it work with other players moving out. I'd say Smith and Kassian could make the same space, but I wouldn't blame the Ducks for not wanting to take on Smith's final year.

I'd do your 2 1st, Savoie, Konovolov (dumps Smith + Kassian)

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
2 ducks posters already mentioned Kassian could be in as a dump with either Koskinen or Smith also going back. Koskinen is a pending UFA and Smith only has a 1 year left. Making the cap work isn't the issue. We have the future assets to overpay also. The hurdle would be Gibson's 10 team NTC

Either or I would be okay with. I don’t think Anaheim should rush Dostal. Keep Stolarz as 1A Koskinen 1B for the remaining games. Evaluate everything this summer. If Edmonton can make their cap work then it’s all gravy. I know they have assets. Only thing that scared me was the gymnastics of the cap. And would this turn into a cluster F like Toronto had to do with Gio

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Oh I get that. Just if we really are in on Gibson it's a go all in move and I'd rather have 3 nhl goaltenders. Include an asset equal to Skinner instead.
I really feel like now is the time to trade gibson.. with that defense were icing now... his stats are only going to get worse, and 100% he will demand at draft

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Either or I would be okay with. I don’t think Anaheim should rush Dostal. Keep Stolarz as 1A Koskinen 1B for the remaining games. Evaluate everything this summer. If Edmonton can make their cap work then it’s all gravy. I know they have assets. Only thing that scared me was the gymnastics of the cap. And would this turn into a cluster F like Toronto had to do with Gio

I'd want it to be Smith. that 2.1 million would be needed for next season and I'd trust Koskinen (under Woodcroft) 100% more than Smith as a backup in a playoff run.

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
I'd want it to be Smith. that 2.1 million would be needed for next season and I'd trust Koskinen (under Woodcroft) 100% more than Smith as a backup in a playoff run.

Is Anaheim getting another asset? Because we are taking Smith that has an extra year. And is more expensive. What’s the incentive for taking Smith instead of Kosk

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Is Anaheim getting another asset? Because we are taking Smith that has an extra year. And is more expensive. What’s the incentive for taking Smith instead of Kosk

The proposal most seem interested is already based around either 2 -1st + 2 prospects or a 1st + Bourgault + 2 additional prospects. Eating 2.1 million isn't a hurdle when you are already talking over payment prices.

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
1 of their goalies + kassian make it work

Kassian in our line up for protection physicality.... cap will expire before we need that money... and if it helps maximize trade value id be fine with it

Yah I’m okay with either or. But now Edmonton fans want us to take Smith. He has an extra year left, and is more expensive. We need to know what Anaheim is receiving extra for taking that instead of Kosk

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
The proposal most seem interested is already based around either 2 -1st + 2 prospects or a 1st + Bourgault + 2 additional prospects. Eating 2.1 million isn't a hurdle when you are already talking over payment prices.

But we have an extra year of Smith…. 🤔 Anaheim isn’t worried about the money. Anaheim should be worried about an extra year. 2 firsts + 2 prospects + 2nd? The 2nd can be removed if we take Koskinen instead of Smith. You choose the year of the 2nd also doesn’t matter to me

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
But we have an extra year of Smith…. 🤔 Anaheim isn’t worried about the money. Anaheim should be worried about an extra year. 2 firsts + 2 prospects + 2nd? The 2nd can be removed if we take Koskinen instead of Smith. You choose the year of the 2nd also doesn’t matter to me

The prospects a like Savoie where already mentioned as the dumps were in. Getting a near mid 1st and a blue chip prospect for a goalie with additional assets and you want to split hairs over a 1 year 2.1 cap hit when you can bury half of it? hahaha

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The prospects a like Savoie where already mentioned as the dumps were in. Getting a near mid 1st and a blue chip prospect for a goalie with additional assets and you want to split hairs over a 1 year 2.1 cap hit when you can bury half of it? hahaha
Were prob under the cap after gibson/rakell moves lol we prob need bad contracts to keep us above

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022

I typed it all wrong. I like the first deal. But I would like Atleast a third if we’re forced for Smith. That seems fair for both sides. Anaheim isn’t doing shit for 3 years anyway

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
Were prob under the cap after gibson/rakell moves lol we prob need bad contracts to keep us above

Yah but we aren’t going to get taken advantage of because we have the cap. That’s like going into the grocery store with 100$ when you need vegetables. But since you have 100$ you buy a pot roast instead.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Gibson IS an elite goalie (when he wants to be, and has a team in front of him that can play AND puts forth the effort).

Otherwise, his only weakness' are breakaways and shootouts.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Gibson IS an elite goalie (when he wants to be, and has a team in front of him that can play AND puts forth the effort).

Otherwise, his only weakness' are breakaways and shootouts.
Unfortunately "when he wants to be" doesnt help his trade value

Reactions: snowave

Fairwinds

Mar 10, 2019
Obviously, despite three years of bottom of the league SV% and bottom of the league GSAx.
Gibson isn’t bad, he just gets bored and disinterested when there’s nothing to play for. When games are tight he’s usually out of this world. When his team has no chance to win it seems like he almost plays around more to keep himself entertained. This results in overplaying situations or lazy goals. It’s never a lack of skill. Just a lack of desire to play for nothing. I watch every Ducks game and have never thought Gibson was anything other than very good. When the Ducks are bad he’s still good he’s just also very disinterested. On a good team I don’t doubt he would be very good if not elite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad