Rumor: Anaheim willing to listen on offers for Gibson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Love

Feb 29, 2012
1647871057464.jpeg

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I would be wary of going after Gibson. I know the Ducks haven't been a great team in general, but Gibson's save percentage has been very mediocre for three straight seasons now.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I would go all in as a Leaf fan. True elite level goaltending with this team would unlock something different with this team. I honestly have no idea if it is even possible cap wise but I am not sure I would have a prospect off the table if thats what it came down to for Gibson.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Who would want that contract? 6.4m/6y for a backup caliber goalie. I know some team are desperate, but no one should be that desperate.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Not sure Gibson fits with the leafs only because of his AAV and term. Would be hard to fit him in.
I advocated last summer for a deal around nylander and gibson. No idea how the teams would view a trade @ these two at this point. Gibby is a quality starter if he's on a good team.

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
I would be wary of going after Gibson. I know the Ducks haven't been a great team in general, but Gibson's save percentage has been very mediocre for three straight seasons now.
And a GSAx that's in the toilet.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
That happens when your defense is giving up grade A scoring chances left and right.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
for fun what would it take from washington? Doubt most caps fans would agree with me but id like to see them try to win now and worry about rebuilding after Ovi in 4 years. So 1st, Samsonov, and one of the kids? Salary would have to be retained, going the other way or a 3rd team involved..

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
This stat looks overinflated with bad defensive teams.

With Anaheim it could be both.
It's literally a stat used to adjust for differences between teams and create normalization when comparing goaltenders. He's horrible regardless of how bad Anaheim is.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
It's literally a stat used to adjust for differences between teams and create normalization when comparing goaltenders. He's horrible regardless of how bad Anaheim is.
I know what it's used for. I see a correlation between this stat and bad defensive teams is my humble observation. Ie. Lots of scoring opps leads to more than average bad goals.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
His stats havnt been there but the talent is there…. But gibson isn’t playing for anything last 3 years… team is crap he’s unmotivated

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
for fun what would it take from washington? Doubt most caps fans would agree with me but id like to see them try to win now and worry about rebuilding after Ovi in 4 years. So 1st, Samsonov, and one of the kids? Salary would have to be retained, going the other way or a 3rd team involved..

Retention is out of the question with five years left on his deal, which is why this makes way more sense as an off season deal.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I like the idea.. Gibson is a good goalie yes but the timing doesn't seem right to keep him around right now during a rebuild... I can see them potentially moving him for a real good return

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Koskinen skinner boulguarts and a 1st
For
Gibson + steel

Maybe other picks added, hell wel take Kassian dump too now that des is gone
As crazy as it sounds, if we're dumping Kassian, I'd almost rather try to find a way to keep Koskinen. He's playing amazing, and if for one reason or another Gibson needs time to adjust to the system or something, Koskinen being there to take over would be perfect.
Oilers would be dumb not to do this but then again they don't seem interested in actually contending for the Cup.
I think its more about the NTC than anything. This deal was agreed upon earlier in the year as well by some in our fanbases. It makes sense. The only issue seems to be the NTC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad