Confirmed Trade: [ANA/PHI] Cutter Gauthier for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Here comes all the bitter Flames fans with the “See, I told you about those dastardly American college players” line of thinking.

An adult should have free autonomy to live where they want in their own country. Period. Why does North American sports force them into this? You don’t see this with football (soccer).

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
What is the difference between Toronto and Anaheim next year?

Anaheim (20M $)
Gauthier McTavish Vatrano
Zegras Carlsson Terry

Toronto (53M $)
Marner Matthews Nylander
Bertuzzi Tavares Domi
Uhhhh

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
wonder what the issue with Philly was. I would think it's one of the more desirable NHL teams to play for. Big city and a big market with money. I guess Torts reputation with young players, but still surprising, not a typical market players request out of (outside Lindros which was a very complex situation).
I might be in the minority but id have no interest in Philly if I were an NHL player. A lotta the northeast wouldn't be much more preferable than Canada for me, but f*** Philly in particular.

But for a guy from Michigan currently playing in Boston idk what Gauthier has against them

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Wonder if Zellwegger could've been the key piece over Drysdale, likely not though. Seems like a sell low on Drysdale.

Last edited:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Sergashev for drouin comes to mind
Yeah, they happen, just fairly rare. Usually in the current NHL you see a package of picks, prospects or young player for an established name when it comes to big deals. Rarely do you see prospect for prospect, or young player for prospect (unless a team can't sign a guy coming off an ELC).

Reactions: pth2

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
What is the difference between Toronto and Anaheim next year?

Anaheim (20M $)
Gauthier McTavish Vatrano
Zegras Carlsson Terry

Toronto (53M $)
Marner Matthews Nylander
Bertuzzi Tavares Domi
????

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Here comes all the bitter Flames fans with the “See, I told you about those dastardly American college players” line of thinking.

An adult should have free autonomy to live where they want in their own country. Period. Why does North American sports force them into this? You don’t see this with football (soccer).

Then get rid of ELCs and RFAs. Hell get rid of the draft.

I'd be fine with that. It's not so much the American teams getting free players, it's that they get them for cheap too. Cap circumvention in my opinon

Reactions: LesCanadiens

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I've been a big Gauthier fan ever since his draft year, but I gotta say if the reports of him refusing to play in Philly are true, I've lost a lot of respect for him. This always screams mental/ego issues to me. As much as I dislike the Flyers good on them for getting really good value back and not have to see him ride out his rights in NCAA like we've seen some others do.
See I'm the opposite. Gauther seems pretty one dimensional and im not a huge fan of the player. But I love seeing players exercise their rights and avoid somewhere they don't wanna be.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I might be in the minority but id have no interest in Philly if I were an NHL player. A lotta the northeast wouldn't be much more preferable than Canada for me, but f*** Philly in particular.

But for a guy from Michigan currently playing in Boston idk what Gauthier has against them
I'd choose any of the North East teams (Philly, Rangers, Boston, or Washington) or the Two O6 Canadian teams over almost anywhere else outside Chicago. Those markets tend to have pretty vibrant metropolitan areas, a ton of money, and hockey is popular.

Reactions: pth2

pth2

Jan 7, 2018

Given what I've heard of Philly as a city, I wouldn't want to live there, either, regardless of the hockey organization or the coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad