Confirmed Trade: [ANA/PHI] Cutter Gauthier for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
We got a small RHD who gets injured a lot, yay.

A lot of Philly fans were hyped to hell about Gauthier after the WJC. They are losing their minds on Twitter

It sucks but a guy that would rule out a franchise like Philly without ever even meeting face to face with the org?

What is he looking for? Easy playing time? Weather? This doesn't sound like much of a future dressing room leader.

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
Holy shit. This is the most shocked I've been about a trade since that Subban/Weber & Hall?Larsson era.

I can't really understand why either team would do this before really know what they've got in their guy.

Drysdale just coming back from injury, Gauthier a recent 5th overall pick coming off a WJC gold.

Odd but fun and very shocking.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
What the Lindros family thought of Aubet and the stability of the franchise turned out to be largely true. Teams get chances to get new players all the time, players only get one shot at a career. So, I don't disagree with them forcing moves if they aren't under contract, which neither Lindros or Gauthier were.
I understand your point, but I don't agree. Players should suck it up and be happy they are in the NHL until they fulfil their ELC obligations and then maybe demand a move. I'm unashamedly old-school that way. Just think what a mess the league would become if this is abused. Maybe Mathews becomes a Coyote. ;)

And if you think about it. if Lindros stays with Quebec, they become the Avs, and he gets a couple cups. And maybe never gets taken out by Stevens (not playing so many times vs the Devils in the west).

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I can't believe Anaheim traded Drysdale already, this just seems like a move that will be looked at as a big regret down the road trading a potential franchise Dman. Flyers have a real nice future after it looking pretty grim not too long ago.

Reactions: Devonator

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I'd choose any of the North East teams (Philly, Rangers, Boston, or Washington) or the Two O6 Canadian teams over almost anywhere else outside Chicago. Those markets tend to have pretty vibrant metropolitan areas, a ton of money, and hockey is popular.

Hey everyone's different. I know if I was good enough to have the choice, I'd avoid Canada, the northeast and the rust belt. Just not much going on that I like in those cities. Give me the privacy of sprawled out cities with warm weather.

Given what I've heard of Philly as a city, I wouldn't want to live there, either, regardless of the hockey organization or the coach.

I agree 100% there. But surprisingly they don't show up on a lotta NTCs that we know of

Reactions: Devonator

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Honestly the more I look at this, the more confused I am for both sides. Why do the Ducks need another forward? Why do the Flyers want to trade a recent #5 pick for a guy who has played in 18 games in the last 2 years combined? It's just odd.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Cutter seems like a low iq player. And didn’t want to sign or communicate with Philly. Not sure about the other player. But what I’ve watched cutter is a winger. Shoot first great skill great speed but doesn’t see the ice well. With good player he can be great.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Holy shit. This is the most shocked I've been about a trade since that Subban/Weber & Hall?Larsson era.

I can't really understand why either team would do this before really know what they've got in their guy.

Drysdale just coming back from injury, Gauthier a recent 5th overall pick coming off a WJC gold.

Odd but fun and very shocking.

Flyers were forced to do it because Gauthier told Briere he refuses to play for them.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Good on Briere trading Gauthier before word got out that he didn’t want to sign. Got a young defenseman with alot of potential AND a 2nd round pick.

I also like it for ANA
Agreed, Briere looks like a genius for pulling this off (not sure if Drysdale has any issues of his own but on paper he looks promising for sure).

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Honestly the more I look at this, the more confused I am for both sides. Why do the Ducks need another forward? Why do the Flyers want to trade a recent #5 pick for a guy who has played in 18 games in the last 2 years combined? It's just odd.

Because Gauthier said he refuses to play for Philly.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Anaheim is going to be something special very soon, so much good young talent.

I like this for Philly too, they had their hands tied a bit with Gauthier's decision and they managed to get a very decent haul, pretty even value wise.

Reactions: aqsw and Devonator

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Maybe if you're lucky to be in the league sure. But for a highly touted prospect, hey its the law of supply and demand. Good on him

To me that kind of "they need me more than I need them" / "I'm the talent and need to be treated as such" attitude is not what winners are made with, but something that usually leads to team chemistry and off ice problems.

Reactions: HabsQC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad