Confirmed Trade: [ANA/PHI] Cutter Gauthier for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I've been a big Gauthier fan ever since his draft year, but I gotta say if the reports of him refusing to play in Philly are true, I've lost a lot of respect for him. This always screams mental/ego issues to me. As much as I dislike the Flyers good on them for getting really good value back and not have to see him ride out his rights in NCAA like we've seen some others do.
Even the Coyotes got Cooley signed.

This is a huge embarrassment for the Flyers brass who can’t stop claiming how we’re in a New Era of Orange.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
See I'm the opposite. Gauther seems pretty one dimensional and im not a huge fan of the player. But I love seeing players exercise their rights and avoid somewhere they don't wanna be.

They should be professionals and not kids complaining at pond hockey. They get paid to do their job. Be grateful that you got drafted and at least grind out the RFA years like a pro and then decide where you want to go. At the very least let them know in the pre draft interviews that you are not going to play there.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Then get rid of ELCs and RFAs. Hell get rid of the draft.

I'd be fine with that. It's not so much the American teams getting free players, it's that they get them for cheap too. Cap circumvention in my opinon
I wouldn't be against getting rid of the draft.

I would also get rid of the salary cap.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Here comes all the bitter Flames fans with the “See, I told you about those dastardly American college players” line of thinking.

An adult should have free autonomy to live where they want in their own country. Period. Why does North American sports force them into this? You don’t see this with football (soccer).

Not wanting to play for them is one thing. Completely avoiding them is another. Grow a pair and tell them you don't want to be there.

Also Adam Fox is the only college player we weren't able to sign because he only wanted to play for the Rangers.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You have no idea when he decided he didn’t want to play in Philly. Maybe he was happy at the draft, and things changed later. That’s his perogative under the CBA.

Reactions: Bartcal

Evergreen

I'd choose any of the North East teams (Philly, Rangers, Boston, or Washington) or the Two O6 Canadian teams over almost anywhere else outside Chicago. Those markets tend to have pretty vibrant metropolitan areas, a ton of money, and hockey is popular.
Not to mention easy travel schedules.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Torts is a career killer for skilled young offensive forwards. You gotta do what you gotta do and look after yourself or nobody else will. Philly knew the risks when they hired Torts.

Yeah then just meet with them.....
apparently these rumors were happening during the WJC of him avoiding them

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You got the better more valuable player in the deal. Who plays the more valuable position, and a 2nd. Take it and run. Gauthier clearly has an attitude issue.
We got a small RHD who gets injured a lot, yay.

A lot of Philly fans were hyped to hell about Gauthier after the WJC. They are losing their minds on Twitter

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Given what I've heard of Philly as a city, I wouldn't want to live there, either, regardless of the hockey organization or the coach.
Never even been there and you post this trash. No im not from philly, but I have been there Montreal is just as dirty if not more.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not wanting to play for them is one thing. Completely avoiding them is another. Grow a pair and tell them you don't want to be there.

Also Adam Fox is the only college player we weren't able to sign because he only wanted to play for the Rangers.
Was merely saying you guys are bitter on this topic. I'm bitter on certain topics. We all are.

I find it hilarious when randomly I start hearing boos when we play at the Saddledome once a year. We don't get booed a lot, unless Trouba knocked someone out.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I wouldn't be against getting rid of the draft.

I would also get rid of the salary cap.

Don't think you'd hear much complaints from Canada teams. Even Winnipeg would just save money some years and wait to go all in.

If a few American teams fail who cares.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
They should be professionals and not kids complaining at pond hockey. They get paid to do their job. Be grateful that you got drafted and at least grind out the RFA years like a pro and then decide where you want to go. At the very least let them know in the pre draft interviews that you are not going to play there.
Maybe if you're lucky to be in the league sure. But for a highly touted prospect, hey its the law of supply and demand. Good on him

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

He also told an American team to f*** off as well.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
We got a small RHD who gets injured a lot, yay.

A lot of Philly fans were hyped to hell about Gauthier after the WJC. They are losing their minds on Twitter
Drysdale is a stud, Gauthier was not noticable in the WJC. Lots of secondary assists, wasnt the play driver i noticed 5 more forwards on his own team than him. Then you see how he acted with Lekkerimaki in line and how he has been with the flyers organiation. Wouldnt want this type of player personally. Dont see him as a center in the NHL either. RHD is the most valuable position to fill in hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad