Confirmed Trade: [ANA/PHI] Cutter Gauthier for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
I like it better for Anaheim. They dealt from surplus with Mintyukov and Zellweger, and Gauthier will join McTavish and Carlsson to form up a pretty nice serious forward group.
Yea they're gonna be a force in a couple years.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It’s not like Gauthier was gonna stay in college 4 years though? Doing that would leave serious money on the table.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
wonder what the issue with Philly was. I would think it's one of the more desirable NHL teams to play for. Big city and a big market with money. I guess Torts reputation with young players, but still surprising, not a typical market players request out of (outside Lindros which was a very complex situation).

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He simply didn’t want to be here. The Flyers have a big ethos out there on having players who do. That’s why they ditched who they did in the summer (and basically no one else), and had Michkov basically beg them to draft him.
What I don’t understand is why?

What is so bad about Philadelphia or the Flyers? Serious question. As an outsider, I don’t get it.

I could understand it if he didn’t want to be coached by Torts or just DGAF and was going to tell the NHL community he’s picking his team.

Evergreen

As a Flyers fan, Gauthier was the first prospect in many years that really got me excited. To see him traded before he's even played a game for us is disappointing, although I think we got decent (if not equal) value given the circumstances.

I doubt we will ever get the complete story as to why he didn't want to play in Philly, but I have to admit I'm a bit disheartened by the news. I guess I can only hope that Drysdale pans out for us.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
As a Flyers fan, Gauthier was the first prospect in many years that really got me excited. To see him traded before he's even played a game for us is disappointing, although I think we got decent (if not equal) value given the circumstances.

I doubt we will ever get the complete story as to why he didn't want to play in Philly, but I have to admit I'm a bit disheartened by the news. I guess I can only hope that Drysdale pans out for us.

Drysdale is a heck of a talent, incredibly mobile. Here's hoping he stays healthy and has a great career.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010

What is so bad about Philadelphia or the Flyers? Serious question. As an outsider, I don’t get it.

I could understand it if he didn’t want to be coached by Torts or just DGAF and was going to tell the NHL community he’s picking his team.
Seriously that's what I want to know. He didn't even want to talk to them, wtf happened there? Maybe a bad pre draft meeting?

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site

MANY former players LOVED playing here. ATM we have a club on the rise. His personal reasons noone knows, but many come back and play. Many settle in the area. The fan base here is rabid for hockey, well good hockey that is, which they have been playing as of late.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Drysdales looked great this year for what it’s worth

Reactions: lwvs84
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad