Confirmed Trade: [ANA/PHI] Cutter Gauthier for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Players refusing to sign with their draft teams is unhealthy for the sport (though rare)

This isnt the MLB where theyre stuck till age 26; either grow up and nut up or you should be forced to sit out an arbitrarily long time for being a jerkoff about it and not speaking up at the draft

Just my two cents though and itll never happen with player-empowerment happening throughout the sports world

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Love an absolute bomb trade like this.

No one saw it coming, and boom.

I think Anaheim wins it. I like Drysdale, but they didn’t need him and he has all these injuries.

Anaheim adds potentially an impact forward, and gives up a defensemen that for all we know might’ve turned out to only be their 3rd or 4th best young defenseman when all is said and done.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Holy smokes. Props to Briere for squeezing some excellent value out of a bad situation. Gauthier seems like a wiener.

Reactions: dukeofjive

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Also I don't get how Philly didn't call on Gauthier's bluff. There is zero chance he would have ridden his full eligibility to become UFA. Would have wasted two years of career earnings.

Reactions: Morrison

ijuka

May 14, 2016
But wait a second, I've heard that quality defensemen aren't available for trade anywhere and that if you want one you have to draft them.

Oh, and also. Clear win for Flyers as far as I can see. Drysdale is already proven at the NHL level, Gauthier could even bust for all I know. And defensemen tend to be more important than wingers as a whole.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Strange he would have something against Philly to tell them he won't sign there.

Good on him telling them the truth though and this staying quiet so a trade can be made

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Wow, that’s bad for the Flyers. Must be Torts.

Or Cutter is the type of player that is going to dare teams to make him wait four years and wants to pick where he’s going to live once done with college like every other non-athlete he goes to school with.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
The snipe against Sweden aside, Gauthier did not impress me at WJC. Low IQ player.

Crazy he is making demands like that as a teenager with no NHL games under his belt. They should’ve shipped him to Winnipeg or something

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Right but why trade him for an undersized defender that can’t stay healthy?

If the trade was based around an idea that he would be selective about where is going to sign, then either the team that acquired Gauthier had to factor in the risk of him not signing with them. Or, it was known who he would sign with and that reduced the market to those teams and lowered the demand for the him.

Look at what Adam Fox went for when it was thought that he would only sign with the Rangers, two 2nd round picks. Granted, this deal is slightly different because whoever holds the rights to Gauthier is entitled to a top 40 pick as compensation if he walks, but still, it's all relative. In all likelihood, Gauthier signed is worth more than Drysdale+2nd, but he wasn't signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad