Confirmed Trade: [ANA/PHI] Cutter Gauthier for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
This seems like a solid trade for the Ducks. I understand that Gauthier's value might be pumped from the WJC and all but Drysdale is a very skilled but injury prone and small defensemen.

For the Ducks, extracting that type of value for a player that hasn't played much in the last 2 seasons seems like a no brainer.

I like the deal all around but I see more risk with Philly taking Drysdale.

TheYardMachine

Nice guy. Tries hard. Loves the game.
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2018
No one saw that one coming!
Surprised from Gauthier, i thought he would have fit well in there but it might ends as a good deal for both teams

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
Ducks also don't need Cutter to play center, although being able to slot in there is nice.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Good on Briere trading Gauthier before word got out that he didn’t want to sign. Got a young defenseman with alot of potential AND a 2nd round pick.

I also like it for ANA

Yep. Basically this.

Good on Briere here. The way young players pan out in the long run there will likely be a “winner” but it’s an astute move by both sides rn

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think it’s a fine trade. Could have lost him for nothing.

I also don’t think he’s top 5-10 in the world. But others know more than me on that topic.
He would still need to play 2 more seasons at BC to become a UFA. No rush to make the trade. If Briere viewed this as good value, so be it.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Will Drysdale be Ghost 2.0? that 2nd from the ducks is as good as a low first. Philly wins this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad