Post-Game Talk: An unenthusiastic PGT - Predators 6, Jets 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Well the way little is playing compared to previous years, 6 more years at $5.3 is bad for the cap.
Compare him to other players in the 5-6m range and he's not doing any worse, even better than a lot of them.

It's funny how people complain about Laine and Ehlers being held back this year due to bad chemistry with Little, but it doesn't work the same way for Little. Little's production also suffered on that line and picked up when it was split up, same with Ehlers and Laine.

Wizard204

Feb 14, 2018
The best way to get subban off his game is by hitting him and putting pressure on him, because he gets frustrated so easily. Honestly if he wants to skate up to someone to start a scrum he should be prepared to drop the gloves, his ducking is so cowardly. One of these times he is just going to get rocked.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
Morrow is worse than Chiarot, what an awful pickup by Chevy. And they mentioned they were in on him this summer.

Every d-man terrible tonight other than Buff. Awful gaps by Kulikov directly responsible for 2 goals against. Myers bad too.

One of the worse games by Little.

Helle bad. That 5th goal was simply trash.

Probably the roughest Roslovic game of the season as well.

Statsny line very good.
Roslovic did a lot of good things tonight but was over matched a lot as well.hopefully he can continue to progress and be up to speed by the playoffs.I thought Little and Perreault were actually worse.

Reactions: bustamente

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
I assume it was the coaches idea - but if you want to pin this on the D, I'd probably have to point at Myers as having a rough one tonight - he need's to be back on 3rd pair minutes.
Chariot and Morrow were actually better than I expected - 2 of our top 4 are out - what did you expect?

Ah about that

Chevy won’t sleep tonight

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Helly learned a lot tonight and you all need to remember this was Helle's real first glimpse of a playoff type game...

Give him a break...

Also Morrow he has never played with any of our defense so there is a learning curve...

The Replay guy who told Maurice to go for it should be sent out to the furthest shop in Manitoba to go buy donuts next game...

For Sip...

Go :jetsGo

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Roslovic did a lot of good things tonight but was over matched a lot as well.hopefully he can continue to progress and be up to speed by the playoffs.I thought Little and Perreault were actually worse.
Roslo struggled tonight, but was definitely the best piece on that line tonight.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Helle wasnt great but neither was Rinne so that's a wash in my opinion.

Offside challenge could be the TSN turning point...

Myers Little Perreault were awful.

Really missing Trouba big time. Thought ESL were awesome.

Tough loss but... It happens.

Reactions: Jets 31

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Because the more shots you get, the more likely they are to go in.

More possession = more shots. Also means less possession and shots for the opposing teams, and when you are played against the top opposition from opposing teams night in and night out, can you not see how that's a good thing?
This is false logic, which I know of course that a lot of people have bought. It is still not the essential thing in hockey. More important is the quality of shots. The more you get very good quality shots, the more likely you will score. But just shots in general mean practically jack crap, unless you know about their quality. And shooting does not mean real possession. At least necessarily. Bad puck handlers with great skating can play in the way that they just skate to the offensive zone and shoot from wherever they can. When that happens it’s not any kind of real possession. It’s in fact pretty much anti-possession play, as you will not have much of real controlled possession of the puck.

But sure, you can believe in it if you want to. I just won’t. And don’t even think that I don’t know well about the logic behind the shooting/possession thinking. I know about it very well, but I just completely disagree with that kind of logic.

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
We're all in shock. It will wear off. I thought we were the better team.

WTF was that challenge all about? It wasn't even close FFS. Had a great kill on it though, until the last 15 seconds

Wizard204

Feb 14, 2018
Compare him to other players in the 5-6m range and he's not doing any worse, even better than a lot of them.

It's funny how people complain about Laine and Ehlers being held back this year due to bad chemistry with Little, but it doesn't work the same way. Little's production also suffered on that line and picked up when it was split up, same with Ehlers and Laine.
Well the jets are going to need to pick and choose in a couple years who they are going to keep. Not saying the salary is wrong, I’m saying the term is wrong. I wouldn’t say he is the catalyst on the line with new players, Matty p is one of the main reasons why it is slightly better. Every line matty plays on does well...

You can make the counter arguements that ehlers and Laine have been better away from little.

Last edited:

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
i feel the coach is giving the PO to the first line totally. it says much when he Always puts out first line when important faceoff. despite sheifele loose almost all faceoffs it feels. our coach is one who likes to hit headh in wall despite bad result. i dont like he´s things. he has decided first line plays much. i dont understand his sheifele/wheelesr MUST. SAME WITH BUFF. why must he be at PP despite it not working. BUFF NO PLAYMAKER STILL HE STANDS THERE AND BREAKING THE PP!

BIG MINITES BUFF, BIG MINITES SHEIFELE, BIG MINITES WHEELESR.

I DOOOOOOOONT UNDERSTAND THIS. IS THIS READING IN THEIR CONTRACT?????????????????

IM SORRY IM FEELING THIS COACH IS LOOSING THIS TEAM BY OWN STUPID PERVERCITY AT PO

by all visdom, knowledge there should be a very very huge amount of minits per game for laine at this team by now.

avgard hockeyprofssor

Reactions: hudster

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Hmm.

Goaltending? Both werent good

D play? 6 5? Yeah both weren't good.

Penalties? Pretty even.. Preds get away with a lot of interference tho.. Good god.

Coaching? Edge to Nashville and the reason we lost. When u challenge an offside that isnt obvious and u get delay of game for losing and the other team scores and you lose by 1... Yup .Coaching.

Good game. Bad decisions tho by coaches from overplaying scheif and wheeler to offside challenges

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
avgard's notion about Laine's line icetime isn't complete BS.

Doesn't promise good for the future if gassed 1st line ruins what other lines manage to make.
It's kinda not BS but this is not about Laine. The top 3 lines should get an even distribution of ice-time. Riding Scheifs and Wheeler to death before playoffs when icing an insane lineup like this....silly.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
This is false logic, which I know of course that a lot of people have bought. It is still not the essential thing in hockey. More important is the quality of shots. The more you get very good quality shots, the more likely you will score. But just shots in general mean practically jack crap, unless you know about their quality. And shooting does not mean real possession. At least necessarily. Bad puck handlers with great skating can play in the way that they just skat to the offensive zone and shoot form wherever they can. When that happens it’s not any kind of real possession. It’s in fact pretty much anti-possession play, as Hou will kot have much of real controlled possession of the puck.

It sure, you can believe in it if you want to. I just won’t. And don’t even think that I don’t know well about the logic behind the shooting/possession thinking. I know about it very well, but I just completely disagree with that kind of logic.
If you're one of the ones that hates advanced stats then I won't continue arguing because it won't go anywhere. Agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad