Post-Game Talk: An unenthusiastic PGT - Predators 6, Jets 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I thought we looked pretty good tonight - could pick it apart but at the end of the day we out shot them, couple of posts, and the 3rd looks like our new second.
Everyone else has called out the issues - most of which can be chalked up to injuries on the back end and an off night in the net.
Just image in Trouba was back . . . This team is very very good

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
Him and Perreault have struggled the past few games. They need to get going again.

I think you could put anyone with Little and it just wouldn’t work (with the exception of Wheeler). This year, Little just kills any type of offensive chemistry.

Reactions: hudster

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Be very scared of Minnesota.

They put new line together with Granlund, Staal and I believe Zucker and it's crazy as hell. 3+2 Staal and 2+2 Granlund tonight. Their first game was also impressive.

Isn't it Minnesota vs Jets on the first playoff round if the current standings hold?

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Won't happen, Bucky will be rode like a rented mule! Can't really complain to much the way he has played this season.
Yes, rode. I said beaten, which is wrong. Helle won't refuse the work, it's up to PoMo to make sure the team is ready for the playoffs.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Jets OT/SO record is abysmal. Something needs to be done in that department too. You've no "regulation wins/losses" in playoffs. It's all about OT then if you can't defend 2 goals lead in regulation.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Hellebuyck was a bum tonight.

That loss was on him.

HELLY was part of the reason.

But its on the coach

LITTLE PERRAULT WHEELER SCHEIFELE.
The whole team except the 3rd line.

They went off on what got them here, containing teams outside. They had it in the 1st period. Maybe they got to complacant? Arrogant? Thinking they can steamroll team.
Nashville is a great team they pushed back.
Josi was the difference maker.
Good win by Nashville they are the class of central until Jets unseat them.

I understand perrault is pretty revered here. I understand possession but in the end of the day you need to put points up. Now that little line is not even containing other teams line.
Connor Schiefele Wheeler line can score points but that line bleeds goals against.

Good wake up call to this team.
Hope that stings really hard. Remember it and use it from here on end.

Go Jets Go

Onto the next game.

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
sheifele 22 min
wheelesr 22 min
laine 14 min

STOP STOP STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sometimes sheifele/wheelesr doubleshifting....takening shifts 2 times Before laines line came in.

i suspect THIS coach even next season doing this thing. he is playing sheifele with wheelesr and playing them to up to 25 min games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS KILLING TEAM SPIRITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAINES IS THIS TEAM HE MUST BE PLAYING THIS MINITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS LAINE EHLESR STSTNY HAVING 1ST LINE MINITS. STASTNY ALSO CAN WIN FACEOFF. SHEIFELE ALSO WEAK AT THIS AND STILL WANTING AND GIVEN IMPORTANT FACEOFFBATTLES HE NEVER WON.

IS THIS SHEIFELE TRAINING MORE OF IMPORTANCE THAN LAINES TRAINING AT IMPORTANT GAMES?????????????????

ALSO LAINE MUST START FROM NOW PLAYING WHOLE PP+S. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE STILL THAT THE PLAYERS PASS PUCKS TO LAINE. TOO OFTEN HAPPENING. IT IS SILLY WHEELESR LETTED TO PLAYMAKE TOO MUCH AT PP. THERE MUST BE MORE PPLAYMAKING POSSIBILITIES. ALSO BUFF WEAK ONE HERE. HE DESTROYS PP!! TONIGHTS GAME TELL EVERYTHING. LIKE OPEN BOOK. IM SURE COACH DONT UNDERSTAND ANY OF THIS

avgard hockeyprofessor

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
You don't go to the Stanley Cup Final and then come back the next year and have a record of 39-14-9 by being lucky.
... you actually bothered reading that post and tried to make some sense of it? Kudos!:laugh:

I don't think anyone who watched the playoffs and followed what the Preds have done with their roster since can think they've gotten here by being lucky.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
I think you could put anyone with Little and it just wouldn’t work (with the exception of Wheeler). This year, Little just kills any type of offensive chemistry.
You obviously haven't been seeing the shot metrics Perreault and Little have been putting up together the past while if you truly believe that.

How do you forget so quickly how good PLE was while Scheifele was out, and how good PLR has usually been?

Reactions: thistleswamp

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I think that he is going to prevent the Jets from having real success after all. No real top team should have that mediocre 2nd line center.

I really hope that he will be traded and his salary could be used after all to get Stastny permanently. Little is just too much average in almost everything. He can’t help his line produce enough. Not really needed by the Jets. Of I would better say, that he Jets need a clearly better 2nd line center, as a cup contender. A center like Stastny is what has been needed very much after all.

Make no mistake Stastny is a gun for hire, he lives in St. Louis year round loves it there and if they want he back that's were he will go, as for Little and Matty P for that matter in all probability the Jets may have to think about moving on from them in the coming years

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
You don't go to the Stanley Cup Final and then come back the next year and have a record of 39-14-9 by being lucky.
Don't listen to him nobody else does. You guys have a fantastic team good luck the rest of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad