Post-Game Talk: An unenthusiastic PGT - Predators 6, Jets 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
You obviously haven't been seeing the shot metrics Perreault and Little have been putting up together the past while if you truly believe that.

How do you forget so quickly how good PLE was while Scheifele was out, and how good PLR has usually been?
Shots are not offence. Shots are what they are, just shots. The only really meaningful shots are called goals and sometimes even assists. And goals and assists are offence. A line that gets a lot of shots and just can’t score much is not a really good line after all. At least not good as a second line that gets loads of minutes. Hockey is still about scoring goals more than the opponents. And I don’t really care how bad or good Corsi and Schmorsi the 3rd line has, but goddamn those guys can produce! And at the same time they don’t allow much goals at the moment. So why the hell they still get so small minutes???!!! Just plain good old pervertism!

Last edited:

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Considering we are missing one of our top 2 D's and Lowry plus Hellebuyck having a bad night, we probably would have won that game any other time.

It's a good thing the NHL gives points for maybes.

Oh wait, they don't.

A loss is a loss, and it's a really bad loss when it's a game they could have won just by being smarter and more tenacious.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
People need to relax!
How many Jet players had a bad game? Jets are 7-0 playing the same team twice in a week ... that's why they have best of seven series in the playoffs.

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Lots of positives, but our small ‘2nd’ line got punished tonight and doesnt give me confidence in Roslovic durint the playoffs, but likely an overreaction. Better to learn from this now than in April.

Hellebuyck needed to make a few key saves but ill take 50/50 games against the preds all day

Last edited:
Reactions: SnepstStach

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
sheifele 22 min
wheelesr 22 min
laine 14 min

STOP STOP STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sometimes sheifele/wheelesr doubleshifting....takening shifts 2 times Before laines line came in.

i suspect THIS coach even next season doing this thing. he is playing sheifele with wheelesr and playing them to up to 25 min games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS KILLING TEAM SPIRITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAINES IS THIS TEAM HE MUST BE PLAYING THIS MINITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS LAINE EHLESR STSTNY HAVING 1ST LINE MINITS. STASTNY ALSO CAN WIN FACEOFF. SHEIFELE ALSO WEAK AT THIS AND STILL WANTING AND GIVEN IMPORTANT FACEOFFBATTLES HE NEVER WON.

IS THIS SHEIFELE TRAINING MORE OF IMPORTANCE THAN LAINES TRAINING AT IMPORTANT GAMES?????????????????

ALSO LAINE MUST START FROM NOW PLAYING WHOLE PP+S. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE STILL THAT THE PLAYERS PASS PUCKS TO LAINE. TOO OFTEN HAPPENING. IT IS SILLY WHEELESR LETTED TO PLAYMAKE TOO MUCH AT PP. THERE MUST BE MORE PPLAYMAKING POSSIBILITIES. ALSO BUFF WEAK ONE HERE. HE DESTROYS PP!! TONIGHTS GAME TELL EVERYTHING. LIKE OPEN BOOK. IM SURE COACH DONT UNDERSTAND ANY OF THIS

avgard hockeyprofessor

Slowly step away from your keyboard.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Morrow is worse than Chiarot, what an awful pickup by Chevy. And they mentioned they were in on him this summer.

Every d-man terrible tonight other than Buff. Awful gaps by Kulikov directly responsible for 2 goals against. Myers bad too.

One of the worse games by Little.

Helle bad. That 5th goal was simply trash.

Probably the roughest Roslovic game of the season as well.

Statsny line very good.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Shots are not offence. Shots are what they are, just shots. The only really meaningful shots are called goals and sometimes even assists. And goals and assists are offence. A line that gets a lot if shots and just can’t score much is bot a really good line after all. At least bot good as a second line thst gets loads of minutes. Hockey is still about scoring goals more than the opponents. And I don’t really care how bad or good Corsi and Schmorsi the 3rd line has, it goddamn those guys can produce! And at the same time they don’t allow much goals at the moment. So why the hell they still get so small minutes???!!! Just plain good old pervertism!
Because the more shots you get, the more likely they are to go in.

More possession = more shots. Also means less possession and shots for the opposing teams, and when you are played against the top opposition from opposing teams night in and night out, can you not see how that's a good thing?

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Who’s freaking idea was it to do that for gods sake

This isn’t the friggin A!

I assume it was the coaches idea - but if you want to pin this on the D, I'd probably have to point at Myers as having a rough one tonight - he need's to be back on 3rd pair minutes.
Chariot and Morrow were actually better than I expected - 2 of our top 4 are out - what did you expect?

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Horrible goaltending and dzone coverage tonight. Credit Nashville who didn't quit. I kept thinking that the Preds should throw it on goal as much as possible because Helle was having a bad game.

That being said Helle usually bounces back strong after a game like that so I'm expecting a good game against the Wings.

thetracksuit

Nov 25, 2015
Can’t let that loss get to ya. With a healthy lineup we win that game.

We need to watch video and learn that if we take our foot off the gas for even a moment we lose. We coasted around a few times that ended up biting us pretty hard.

We took our foot our foot off the gas after almost literally every goal we scored.

It drove me freakin' insane.

Helly with his worst game of the season. Funny thing about that is, every goalie has one.

I was at this game live, and it honestly was a blast. Oh well. On to the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad