Post-Game Talk: An unenthusiastic PGT - Predators 6, Jets 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Just got home and read through the first couple pages. My first question is how are some of you going to make it through the highs and lows of a playoff run? We were a bit loose defensively and Helly had his worst game of the season, but man can we run and gun with the best of them. Not even too bothered by the game. Should be a bit of a wake up call and I expect Helly to get real mad and go on a lights out streak. But we are as talented as anyone.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I expect we will see the Helle that we have witnessed this year and not the one from tonight who came back from the past against the Wings, Stastny and the kids will get a few practices in and get more acclimated, that line could become absolutely scary for oppositions.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
It's kinda not BS but this is not about Laine. The top 3 lines should get an even distribution of ice-time. Riding Scheifs and Wheeler to death before playoffs when icing an insane lineup like this....silly.

Referring to avgard's point of view and choice of words here.

That same would be valid if Laine would play in 1st line, exactly because of same reasons.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Just got home and read through the first couple pages. My first question is how are some of you going to make it through the highs and lows of a playoff run? We were a bit loose defensively and Helly had his worst game of the season, but man can we run and gun with the best of them. Not even too bothered by the game. Should be a bit of a wake up call and I expect Helly to get real mad and go on a lights out streak. But we are as talented as anyone.

Here here cheers that!!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well that was an entertaining but frustrating game to be at. We should have won that game but had too many players who played well below their ability tonight.

Helle, Myers, the bottom pairing and Little all where pretty terrible tonight.

Chef, Connor with great games on the top line. Wheeler worked hard but had another one of his dumb decision making games. He had the puck in prime shooting positions at least 4 times tonight and each time tried to force a cute little pass and it resulted in a missed opportunity each time...

The third line was flying. PS with a very nice all around debut, Laine was a boss and Ehelers was playing a controlled effective game.

Fourth line was fine in their limited minutes.

Second line: Little struggled mightily, Perrault wasn't his usual self with the puck. Roslovic outside of a couple of flashes and his nice assist struggled with lack of space Nashville gave him (good learning experience)

Buff and Morrissey both had strong games playing against Nashville's top line.

A real good learning experience all around. The team can't miss as many dzone assignments and expect to win against the Preds. Moe can't waste a challenge like that, it turned the momentum for a time.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Not overly concerned at the result and it can be a learning experience for both the players and coaches. What I do find concerning is the opposition goals following Jets goals and the goals we have been giving up at the end of periods of late. I assume these would be shifts when the coach would want Lowry on the ice but until that happens the guys need to find a way not to get scored on in these key times of the games.

I expect a bounce back from Helle, hopefully the coach can do the same.

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Good old fashion defensive meltdown against an elite team. Reminds me of the jets in previous years - why is it that when they need to find a way to score they always do.

If this was a ‘playoff type game’ - then I guess we’re 0-5

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Got beat at our own game. Can't remember the last time we gave up 6. Helly smelly but Kulikov and Chiarot didn't help.

Stastny was great. Thought it was Laine's best game of the season. Loved the Gordie Howe elbow he fed to ****nell. And that laser cross-ice pass to Fly was a thing of beauty. He was engaged everywhere. Scheif's gotta learn to keep his cool with Subban, he's gonna face him a lot and Subban will use that to his advantage.

We're the better team when healthy.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Frustrating that it looks like we will most likely be facing Minny in the 1st round. I hate watching games against Minny, they are going to suck the fun out of the 1st round. Hoping somehow we face Stars or the Blues

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Got beat at our own game. Can't remember the last time we gave up 6. Helly smelly but Kulikov and Chiarot didn't help.

Stastny was great. Thought it was Laine's best game of the season. Loved the Gordie Howe elbow he fed to ****nell. And that laser cross-ice pass to Fly was a thing of beauty. He was engaged everywhere. Scheif's gotta learn to keep his cool with Subban, he's gonna face him a lot and Subban will use that to his advantage.

We're the better team when healthy.

We havent proven we’re better when healthy, we’ve only proven we’re worse when not healthy

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Not overly concerned at the result and it can be a learning experience for both the players and coaches. What I do find concerning is the opposition goals following Jets goals and the goals we have been giving up at the end of periods of late. I assume these would be shifts when the coach would want Lowry on the ice but until that happens the guys need to find a way not to get scored on in these key times of the games.

I expect a bounce back from Helle, hopefully the coach can do the same.
I think we are a little too use to run and gun games where we just over match teams with our offense. IMO at least we are prone to letting our guard down after we score and a talented team like Nashville bites us in the ass for it. Agreed when Lowry is healthy I'm guessing we will be used very often the shift after we score.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
6 5 game. Goalies are a wash. Both werent great. Rinne got lucky several times. He looked like Pavelec to me.

Didnt realize SW had over 20 and ESL only about 14.

Can talk about Helle for letting in 3 bad ones but Rinne did also.. Can talk about D play (Myers) can talk about little or Perreault struggling... But... It all comes back to coaching. Offside challenge. Overplaying coach wheeler and Scheif when ESL was killing it out there...

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad