Post-Game Talk: An unenthusiastic PGT - Predators 6, Jets 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Ehlers looked like the best player on the ice tonight, Stastny was spectacular and very smart and Laine was playing a great 200-foot game... I love the Perreault line(Roslovic was awesome as well tonight), but I think it’s time for that Ehlers -Stastny- Laine Line to eat more minutes(for god sakes they where the best line playing against the best defence in the league).

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Lets go boys

Regroup

Nashville is a great team.
They'll not going to roll over.
Better this happened now.

Pulvurize the wings please :)

Shaibu

Nov 12, 2016
I expect we will see the Helle that we have witnessed this year and not the one from tonight who came back from the past against the Wings, Stastny and the kids will get a few practices in and get more acclimated, that line could become absolutely scary for oppositions.

Stastny and the Kids, I like that.

Pekarine had a bad game too if he let in 5.

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
First of all, Stastny had a great game.

I thought the difference was the Preds are way more experienced in playoff-like games.

They came back from two 2 goal leads.

They we're definitely trying to draw the Jets into taking retaliatory penalties.

I really question why coach Maurice challenged that off-side.

You're up 3-2, unless you're 100% sure it was off-side, don't make the situation worse by giving them a power play and they tie it up.

Hellebuyck just stunk.

YellowishBoilingAntarcticfurseal-max-1mb.gif

Did not see the game. How does a offside challenge result in a PP though? Thought the Jets would only lose a time-out??

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Ehlers looked like the best player on the ice tonight, Stastny was spectacular and very smart and Laine was playing a great 200-foot game... I love the Perreault line(Roslovic was awesome as well tonight), but I think it’s time for that Ehlers -Stastny- Laine Line to eat more minutes(for god sakes they where the best line playing against the best defence in the league).

Perreault and Little were awful.

Reactions: hudster

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
A lot of energy prior to the game, definitely a buzz in the building.

Sloppy in a lot of areas but also some strong performances.

Stastny is going to be a great addition regardless of who he plays with but if ESL stay together they're going to produce a lot of points. He's a a really good fit for Ehlers & Laine. Nice to have him as a LHS on the PP too. Like to see him on LW late in the game if we're protecting a lead. getting pucks out or zone along the wall is a challenge still.

Thought Little and Perreault were not up to par, Roslovic showed a lot hustle ( as always ) and made some nice plays.

Buff was really good he's been dynamite and Morrissey was a plus too, other wise missing 2 good D showed I thought.

Obviously Helle should have stopped a couple of those, he was just not at all sharp. Tough loss could have, should have had a clean 2 points.

Detroit up next.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
Not even all that pee'd off on this one for some reason. We gave Nashville all they can handle. Great debut for Stastny. Many defensive lapses and not one of Helle's better games. It was a pretty entertaining game overall. Sounded like a great atmosphere in the rink.

What bugged me the most actually was that stupid coach's challenge. Did they forget that it's a penalty if the goal isn't overturned? It looked really close and not worth the risk of being wrong. That was the turning point and ultimately the loss is on Maurice.

In the end we won 2 of the three divisional games that had me very worried. And we should have locked down this game. We get two more cracks at them. Forget this one and go back to winning.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I like the part where they only people who quoted my post gave snarky and sarcastic answers. Now, will somebody actually tell me if Enstrom play tonight or not? I didn't watch the game.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Those posting on the mainboards making comments about attendance issues in Nashville and them being at risk of moving in the past... just stop, it's embarrassing.

Last edited by a moderator:

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I like the part where they only people who quoted my post gave snarky and sarcastic answers. Now, will somebody actually tell me if Enstrom play tonight or not? I didn't watch the game.
He's injured. He was probably rested and not put on injured list though.

Edit: No he really is injured. TSN lists Toby as day to day. No Nashville injury list. That must be a first this late in the year.

Last edited:

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
We don't play till Friday so maybe Enstrom will be good to go, you'll never get a straight answer, anyways the schedule has not been our enemy this year.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Forwards are a bit more mixed, so a bit more approximate:

1st line (Scheifele): +22 / -24, ~15 mins 5v5 ice time
2nd line (Little): +9 / -22, ~13 mins 5v5 ice time
3rd line (Stastny): +18 / -10, ~11 mins 5v5 ice time
4th line (Copp): +6 / -10, ~7 mins 5v5 ice time

tgoat

Jan 3, 2016
There is how I rank today's game out of 10 (what is expected from player and his role)
Connor 6 - Shiefs 7.5 - Wheeler - 6
Frenchy 3 - Little 3.5 - Roslo 6.5
Ehlers 8 - Stasny 8.5 - Laine 8.5
GrandPa 6.5 - Copp 5 - Armia 4

JoMo 8 BigBuff 8.5
Kuli 3 - Myers 3
Chiarot 5.5 - Moore 4

Bucky 3

PoMo negative 2

Laughed at PoMos -2 :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.