Post-Game Talk: An unenthusiastic PGT - Predators 6, Jets 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
Fun game. Would have been funner if we won. (5v5 adjusted, sorted by game score just because)

voGyWKv.png

Yes, Chiarot and Morrow were sheltered pretty heavily. They were still horrible.

Ehlers-Stastny-Laine rocked it every way you looked at it. Perreault-Little-Roslovic had their first very bad game.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Fun game. Would have been funner if we won. (5v5 adjusted, sorted by game score just because)

voGyWKv.png

Yes, Chiarot and Morrow were sheltered pretty heavily. They were still horrible.

Ehlers-Stastny-Laine rocked it every way you looked at it. Perreault-Little-Roslovic had their first very bad game.

Paul Stastny? More Paul AdvancedStats-ny.

I really hope Enstrom is ready next game or we are stuck with Morrow, Jets won't recall Poolman due to this only 4 non-emergency recalls nonsense. The following d-men were available for free or for super cheap at the deadline:

Kempny
Postma
Franson
Redmond
Auvitu

Why did we not acquire one of these 3 guys? Heck, we would have been better off even not making a trade for "depth d" as that would have meant that Poolman would be with the big club

Reactions: GNP

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Interesting quote by Maurice about the offside challenge. Instead of taking the blame he says " i had it as offside. Guess it's not, this week".

Brutal decision to challenge

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Paul Stastny? More Paul AdvancedStats-ny.

I really hope Enstrom is ready next game or we are stuck with Morrow, Jets won't recall Poolman due to this only 4 non-emergency recalls nonsense. The following d-men were available for free or for super cheap at the deadline:

Kempny
Postma
Franson

Why did we not acquire one of these 3 guys? Heck, we would have been better off even not making a trade for "depth d" as that would have meant that Poolman would be with the big club

Postma sucks. Like stop with the Postma talk.

Btw we didn't lose cuz of Joe Morrow

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Postma sucks. Like stop with the Postma talk.

Btw we didn't lose cuz of Joe Morrow

Postma is a great #7 pressbox guy and one I am more than comfortable stepping into a situation like tonight. I don't care who is to blame for a loss of an individual game. I am more concerned about the long term implications if Enstrom is out.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
I have no idea why everyone is dumping on Morrow. This guy was stuck on the ice with Chariot, who's the worst puck mover on the team. It showed today and Morrow was stuck in scramble mode after Benny should have clearly gotten rid of the puck on a few occasions. I thought Morrow played alright, our gap was off all night, forwards getting caught deep.

Little, what the actual f***? What has happened to this guy? He seriously can't even make a simple play through the neutral zone.

Wake up Bryan.

Reactions: JetBlue420

Crocket66

Feb 28, 2018
This was an early playoff sample of how to crash the net and flip pucks in from the blue line. Nashville has always played this way cause they have had no superstar scoring forwards in their history and still don't. I'd like to extend a thank you to their team for showing our Jets how they will be playing in the playoffs. If that's the best they've got then I'd say with a little smarter coaching in our d-zone play combined with better clearing in front of Hellbuyck we'll have us picking up the wins. Plus we'll have Lowry back and Trouba in the near future. We won't see them till round two anyway and if we do then we'll have 4 playoff wins under our belts. Also I'm not sure where our forwards went off to who are supposed to be guarding the points. Perhaps Maurice is saving this strategy for when we meet and will coach to take away their points that they depend on so much for scoring plays while their forwards pick up the garbage rebounds in front of the net. Once they start getting shut down at the points you'll see desperate dekes and moves at the blueline from their defense and some turnovers for breakaways for the Jets. Hopefully Maurice picks up on this after watching the tapes a few times.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
That was a great game. I sure hope these teams meet in the 2nd round.

As for the negativity... the jets are still
missing their 1D. Trouba is gonna be a beast in the playoffs. Take out Josi for the preds and what would the game look like. Don't worry. They'll be fine. I'm more excited about how great ESL looked.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
That was a great game. I sure hope these teams meet in the 2nd round.

As for the negativity... the jets are still
missing their 1D. Trouba is gonna be a beast in the playoffs. Take out Josi for the preds and what would the game look like. Don't worry. They'll be fine. I'm more excited about how great ESL looked.

Forgot about Trouba because of all the Stastny hype(though it lived up to it), not to mention Lowry as well...

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
So does Morrow play in place of Poolman from now on or did it just work out that way today because of the Enstrom late scratch?
Because if he does, well, we’re in trouble.
Morrow makes me feel like the Jets of previous years.
But I have a lot of confidence in Poolman’s steady play.

Reactions: GNP

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
So does Morrow play in place of Poolman from now on or did it just work out that way today because of the Enstrom late scratch?
Because if he does, well, we’re in trouble.
Morrow makes me feel like the Jets of previous years.
But I have a lot of confidence in Poolman’s steady play.

Poolman is on the Moose

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
The guy who worries me the most on this team is not Chairot or Morrow, they'll be in the press box soon enough, but holy hell what has happened to Bryan Little, he game has evaporated.

Yup. Comparing Stastny and Little and it’s obvious who the better player is right now. I’ve been worried about Little all year. He’s not making those around him better anymore.

Reactions: JetBlue420

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Let's look at the positives in this game !!!

1) Looks like the Stastny trade will work out great--the guy had a goal and an assist, and Ehlers and Laine gelled well with him. The trade will really help the Jets.

2) The Jet's scored 5 goals against a tough good defensive and offensive team-- more often than not, that will net us a win.

The negatives

1) let's be honest -- when Helle let's in a simple goal right thru the pads, and let's in 6 goals, and has something like an .84 % save percentage --should we expect to win ??--hell no--your goalie has to show up. Post game shows including Goalies were saying Helle let in 2 really soft goals.

Soultion-- start Hutch the next game--I believe he's won his last 2 straight and he's been hot this year, as well as posting great numbers in the AHL.

2) Our defense--lacking Enstrom and Trouba--went quite a long way in contributing to this loss. We need them back.

Was the trade for Morrow good- well he didn't play that great is the consensus from a lot of posters. We should have just aquired Postma for free off waivers, and there were others as well.

Also- Poolman should have been called up--and we would not have to have played Morrow. I think we should do this for the next game.

Final Summation- the Jet's offence is really on fire, and playing really well. We have to tighten up on defense, and our Goaltending better get a lot better, or we'll be dropping more games --that we should be winning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad