Post-Game Talk: An unenthusiastic PGT - Predators 6, Jets 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratti

Mar 16, 2006
First line got absolutely lit up, not nearly good enough defensively. Well, the defensive effort from the whole team was pretty far from what it needs to be come playoffs. Interesting and entertaining game nonetheless. Laine somehow got an assist to the Stastny goal? Missed that completely.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Unbelievable. What a let down. Up 5-3 in the 3rd. Hellebuyck look liked Pavelec's twin.

**** we needed those points.

Minnesota 4 points back.

Next up for Minnesota=Arizona
Next up for Nashville=Edmonton

Get your **** together Jets.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Considering we are missing one of our top 2 D's and Lowry plus Hellebuyck having a bad night, we probably would have won that game any other time.

Preds are good, Jets are good.

Reactions: DharmaBum

WiscoJet

May 3, 2016
Hellebuyck just could never settle in tonight most panicked I have seen him this season. But he is the reason why we have been so successful so far this season. When you can only rely on one pair you are in trouble facing a team like that. Props to Nashville hope we see them in the playoffs.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
#70 Joe Mayo not cutting the mustard, and he always want's everybody else to do his job(s) for him:(:laugh:
ry8tAKN.jpg

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
First of all, Stastny had a great game.

I thought the difference was the Preds are way more experienced in playoff-like games.

They came back from two 2 goal leads.

They we're definitely trying to draw the Jets into taking retaliatory penalties.

I really question why coach Maurice challenged that off-side.

You're up 3-2, unless you're 100% sure it was off-side, don't make the situation worse by giving them a power play and they tie it up.

Hellebuyck just stunk.

YellowishBoilingAntarcticfurseal-max-1mb.gif

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
so frustrating whatching this ****

Nashville not so good team. overrated and only living by its goaltending and out of it getting also luck. MY QUESTION! :

WHY IS WINNIPEG OF NHL ORGANISATION NOT GETTING PP TIME!!!?????????

SOME TEAMS MAKIN A LIFESTYLE PLAYING LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF PP EVERY GAME!!!!

THIS ALWAYS SEEM WHEN WINNIPEG PLAY THE REFUREES OF SOME REASON DECIDE TONIGHT NO PENALTIES TO BE BLOWN!!!

IS THIS BEACAUSE LAINE IS AT THIS TEAM AND HE MUST BE PUT ON BRAKES FOR NOT GETTING CRAZY AMOUNT OF EASY GOALS?????????

SOME TEAMS LIKE SAID LIVING WITH THESE PP´S. IN PAST DECADES ONE HELLUVA PP TEAM IS OTTAWA. IT HAS LIKE GETTED AT MINIMUM OF 20 MIN PP PER GAME IT SEEMS.

WINNIPEG PLAYERS HIT AND HIT BUT NO PENALTIES!!!

also very frustrating whatching this coach putting all the time wheelesr and sheifele. this has to end right here. this is laines team. Wheelers is old and must step aside! they cant be played like 25 min a game. this is laines minites!!! he just like all times putting them out. they loose this team, they look tired!!! Wheelers not getting to 100 Points this season this is ridiculous!!! is he really trying this to Death????????? this is over .. stop playing these dudes 25 min game!!!

this team has some major errors going on with its coach. tonight was a Clean example how you can loose despite clearly better team. coach is not doing great job here.

avgard hockeyprofessor
Get use to it. The NHL wants American teams to win ... in order for the Jets to win they will have to beat 2 teams ... the team they are playing and the refs.

Reactions: Georgetown Al

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Definitely equalled the Scheifele line in creating chances and were far superior defensively, although that wasn't really any of the fowards fault on CSW.
Disagree. I thought Scheif was terrible in our end. Thank god he is good usually though. He was just very casual in our end tonight.

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
Won't happen, Bucky will be rode like a rented mule! Can't really complain to much the way he has played this season.
overall he has played well...but I dont think it was a coincidence tonight was one of his worst games... the pressure got to him...Jets need to make sure they have another goalie ready to go in the playoffs as insurance...

Reactions: blues10 and Gotaf7

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
The guy who worries me the most on this team is not Chairot or Morrow, they'll be in the press box soon enough, but holy hell what has happened to Bryan Little, he game has evaporated.
I think that he is going to prevent the Jets from having real success after all. No real top team should have that mediocre 2nd line center.

I really hope that he will be traded and his salary could be used after all to get Stastny permanently. Little is just too much average in almost everything. He can’t help his line produce enough. Not really needed by the Jets. Or I should better say, that the Jets need a clearly better 2nd line center, as a cup contender. A center like Stastny is what has been needed very much after all.

Last edited:

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
There is how I rank today's game out of 10 (what is expected from player and his role)
Connor 6 - Shiefs 7.5 - Wheeler - 6
Frenchy 3 - Little 3.5 - Roslo 6.5
Ehlers 8 - Stasny 8.5 - Laine 8.5
GrandPa 6.5 - Copp 5 - Armia 4

JoMo 8 BigBuff 8.5
Kuli 3 - Myers 3
Chiarot 5.5 - Moore 4

Bucky 3

PoMo negative 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad