All Purpose Training Camp Thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

leafobserver

Feb 23, 2007
The thing about letting the kids play is that they eventually run out of steam.

However, it's a 48 game season. Anything can happen.

I got big hopes for the new guys.

The kids aren't truly the 'kids' I worry about flaming out... Flaming out is usually a kid right out of junior or college. Rielly would be one, but I don't see him as a big part of the team this year, if at all.

Kadri - 27 gms
Frattin - 20 gms
Gardiner - 22 gms
Komarov - 27 gms

max of 75 gms played if Kadri and Komarov play every game.

Then playoffs of course :)

samwitch

Feb 27, 2008
Switch JVR and Mac. Perfect and it looks like thats what it will in fact be on saturday.

This is awesome. That 4th line will be really hard to play against and there is really balanced skill through the top 3 lines. Very excited to see the final roster tomorrow!

AddMan3001

Don't poke the bear!
Sep 16, 2007
Cambridge, ON
I think this is more evidence that Carlyle will roll with 4 lines more frequently, sheltering Kadri/Frattin's minutes and using the 4th line in a more checking role ...

Carlyle did say he wants 3 scoring lines, 1 capable of being a checking line at the same time (Grabo's) .. With a 4th line being the checking line

Makes good sense. Players who haven't been playing during the lockout are going to be a bit tired, especially early in the year. To me this means any team regularly rolling all four lines will be at an advantage. We have the depth, might as well use it.

Plus the idea of kadri finally getting a fair chance, especially with the guys he could be playing with even on a third line roll, has me giddy.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
LEAFS' CONNOLLY EXPECTED TO BE PLACED ON WAIVERS

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413760

Okay, before we get too excited.

On waivers means they are giving another team the opportunity to pick him up for nothing.

Players can be put on waivers but not claimed. He will stay on the cap if he is not claimed, so that doesn't mean he's gone.

He could be back in the line-up tomorrow or perhaps they've already talked to teams and the other team is ready to pick him off waivers.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

On waivers means they are giving another team the opportunity to pick him up for nothing.

Players can be put on waivers but not claimed. He will stay on the cap if he is not claimed, so that doesn't mean he's gone.

He could be back in the line-up tomorrow or perhaps they've already talked to teams and the other team is ready to pick him off waivers.

Don't the Leafs have to bring him back up on re-entry waivers if they want him in the line up? Whereby teams would then be only responsible for half of the cap hit/salary?

I forget how the process works... But there's a good chance Kadri and Frattin will be in the line up :nod:

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
Don't the Leafs have to bring him back up on re-entry waivers if they want him in the line up? Whereby teams would then be only responsible for half of the cap hit/salary?

I forget how the process works... But there's a good chance Kadri and Frattin will be in the line up :nod:

I believe the CBA has no re-entry waivers-they've been done away with.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010

I just hope either of Frattin or Naz makes it in.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
This is incredible news.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabo - Kulemin
MacArthur - Kadri - Frattin
Komarov - McClement - Brown

Best thing about this is that Komarov McClement and Brown are probably 3/6 main penalty killers. We've got no more "plugs" or "one dimensional" guys, everyone is versatile.

They'll play 10 + mins a game just by virtue of being fresh to play the majority of PK mins.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Waivers is a way of giving him away without retaining any salary. IMO, if he's not claimed they will trade him and retain a few bucks.

leafobserver

Feb 23, 2007

A possibility yes, but unlikely. They'll likely just buy him out a la Gomez/Redden if they can't find a taker.

I also remember seeing players traded AFTER waivers because some teams need to move contracts. Meaning the Leafs may make a trade with him tomorrow for a minor-league body just so the new team can fit him under the 50 contract limit.

I'd suspect Connolly is officially done as a Leaf.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Would be nice to see them do what I've been wanting for several years which is to roll 3 lines with 1 energy plus to place the youth on the 3rd line to take pressure off and allow them to develop.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
LUPUL BOZAK KESSEL
MCCARTHUR GRABOVSKY KULEMIN
VANREIMSDYK MCCLEMENT KOMAROV
FRATTIN STECKEL M.BROWN
ORR

where's kadri ?

still one too many

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The kids are finally cracking the line-up!!

it_begins-1.jpg

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
LUPUL BOZAK KESSEL
MCCARTHUR GRABOVSKY KULEMIN
VANREIMSDYK MCCLEMENT KOMAROV
FRATTIN STECKEL M.BROWN
ORR

where's kadri ?

still one too many

McClement in place of Steckel, Kadri in place of McClement. That wasn't too hard.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Best thing about this is that Komarov McClement and Brown are probably 3/6 main penalty killers. We've got no more "plugs" or "one dimensional" guys, everyone is versatile.

They'll play 10 + mins a game just by virtue of being fresh to play the majority of PK mins.

Assuming Kulemin is another pk forward, who (aside from McClement) will be taking faceoffs? I'm guessing whenever Brown is out then Steckel is in, and he'll be a pk forward. Whenever Steckel is not in though we'll likely see Grabovski-Kulemin as a pk pair.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
A possibility yes, but unlikely. They'll likely just buy him out a la Gomez/Redden if they can't find a taker.

I also remember seeing players traded AFTER waivers because some teams need to move contracts. Meaning the Leafs may make a trade with him tomorrow for a minor-league body just so the new team can fit him under the 50 contract limit.

I'd suspect Connolly is officially done as a Leaf.

If they need contract space (50 contract limit) buying him out makes sense.

If that is not the purpose, then he could play out the year with the Marlies.

There is no cap relief unless someone picks him off waivers.

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
Komarov-Grabovski-Kulemin
JVR-Kadri-MacArthur
Frattin-McClement-Brown
Steckle-Orr

Reilly (first 5 games, Gunnarsson after)- Phaneuf
Gunnarsson (Gardiner when he is back)- Franson
Liles-Komisarek