All Purpose Training Camp Thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Even though Aucoin was good i'm happy he got claimed. The Leafs and Marlies were way too crowded. With Connolly, Lombardi, Armstrong,Aucoin, Crabb etc. all gone we can finally breathe a bit and let players develop with more playing time.

mrburke

Mar 5, 2010
kitchener
Even though Aucoin was good i'm happy he got claimed. The Leafs and Marlies were way too crowded. With Connolly, Lombardi, Armstrong,Aucoin, Crabb etc. all gone we can finally breathe a bit and let players develop with more playing time.

Exactly this gives more playing time to the younger players on the marlies like Mckegg, Ashton and Ross not to mention some of the younger guys playing in the echl.

leafobserver

Feb 23, 2007
Exactly this gives more playing time to the younger players on the marlies like Mckegg, Ashton and Ross not to mention some of the younger guys playing in the echl.

Losing Aucoin, Kadri, Frattin, Gardiner, and one or more of Fraser/Kostka/Holzer is definitely going to hurt their Calder Cup chances. What is more important is the Marlies will actually be able to field a team of legitimate prospects who need the seasoning and ice time to develop. AHL ice time can make all the difference in the world when it comes to a players development. McKegg, Abbott, D'amigo, Ross, and Blacker should all benefit from a major bump in playing time.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
This could be our opening day line-up in Montreal.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

F James van Riemsdyk returned to practice on Thursday after sustaining a bruised foot from a blocked shot on Tuesday. F Tim Connolly was placed on waivers and F Keith Aucoin was claimed on waivers by the New York Islanders. - TSN

Practice Lines

Forwards:
Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
MacArthur - Grabovski - Kulemin
van Riemsdyk - Kadri - Komarov
Brown - McClement - Orr
Steckel - Frattin

Defence:
Kostka - Phaneuf
Gunnarsson - Komisarek
Liles - Franson

Goaltenders:
Reimer
Scrivens

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters

Carlyle says, from an offensive standpoint, Kadri has been among the top players at camp

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590

Carlyle states that Kadri has NHL skills. Offensively, .Question is if he can be consistent in all parts of the game.

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris

Randy Carlyle says the #leafs didn't see a fit for Lombardi or Connolly. He hopes it gives life to younger players.

Randy Carlyle on roster: "It's in my mind already. It's done."

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle

Carlyle: "I think the goalie decision is our toughest decision. Who gets to start."

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Doesn't sound like Frattin will make the team. Sounds like Kadri forced them to keep him though.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle

My sense from Carlyle's presser is Frattin won't make the team to start season.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON

Carlyle says, from an offensive standpoint, Kadri has been among the top players at camp

Carlyle states that Kadri has NHL skills. Offensively, .Question is if he can be consistent in all parts of the game.

Randy Carlyle says the #leafs didn't see a fit for Lombardi or Connolly. He hopes it gives life to younger players.

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle

Carlyle: "I think the goalie decision is our toughest decision. Who gets to start."

Sounds like Kadri is on the team for sure.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle

My sense from Carlyle's presser is Frattin won't make the team to start season.

Which would mean:

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabo-Kadri/Mac
Mac/Kadri-McClement-Kulemin
Komarav-Steckel-Brown
ex: Orr

I'd like to see Frattin in the line-up instead of like Steckel.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle

Finally! The day leafs fans were waiting for-kadri sticks with the big club :handclap:

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Well I see Frattin over Orr on the regular. With Orr coming in against teams like Boston. Steckel rotates with Brown on the 4th.

Frattin won't be in the pressbox or in a 4th line role. Not good for his development or for the team.

Also brown is never coming out of this lineup... Has the lOckout made ppl forget just how effective he is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad