All Purpose Training Camp Thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
This is how it's supposed to be .. The kids have to earn their way onto the roster, and they're doing just that by outplaying the vets

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
yeaaaa man

i LOVE how nonis is fixing alot of burke's bs mistakes and his love affairs with vets

Someone had to do it, enough with playing the old vets and give these kids a chance.

What does the line up look without Connolly now?

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
MacA - Grabo - Kule
JVR - Kadri - Frattin
Komarov - McClement/Steckel - Brown

Am I missing someone?

I am excited to watch this team, sure they prob wont make the playoffs (tbh I hope they don't and we get another top 5 pick), but i'd prefer watching a team with youngsters and a lot of potential then a team with injury prone vets.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Losing Connolly and Lombardi and the addition of JVR, Frattin, Kadri and McClement already makes this team better to fight for a playoff spot IMO.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
YES!!!!!!!!! I love this let the kids play. Connolly played sooooooo slow last year and looked like he had cement in his skates. I really like where the direction of this team is going. I think we need to see some solid goaltending and this could be a great year.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Someone had to do it, enough with playing the old vets and give these kids a chance.

I am excited to watch this team, sure they prob wont make the playoffs (tbh I hope they don't and we get another top 5 pick), but i'd prefer watching a team with youngsters and a lot of potential then a team with injury prone vets.

I agree ... I'll be able to handle the losses a little more now knowing that the kids are getting experience .. There's a good amount of scoring in that bunch too, it'll again come down to defence

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I would suspect Nonis is looking for a Lombardi-like deal for TC.

Now that the word is out he'll go on waivers, Nonis has until 12 to figure out if he can move him before that. Pick up part of his salary and get a late round pick should be the goal.

10x better than having him toil in the minors for 4mill

Also this isn't even a "playing the kids" situation. Its a "play the best players" situation, they just happen to be younger. There's no doubt in my mind that Kadri even with all his supposed defensive deficiencies can bring more to the table than Connolly or Lombardi.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
The thing about letting the kids play is that they eventually run out of steam.

However, it's a 48 game season. Anything can happen.

I got big hopes for the new guys.

samwitch

Feb 27, 2008
This is incredible news.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabo - Kulemin
MacArthur - Kadri - Frattin
Komarov - McClement - Brown

???

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
I agree ... I'll be able to handle the losses a little more now knowing that the kids are getting experience .. There's a good amount of scoring in that bunch too, it'll again come down to defence

Defense and goaltending, with the latter still being our most likely weakness. But if we end up with a pick from 4-6 we could end up with Monahan, Drouin, Barkov or Lindholm and none of those prospects would be players to complain about.

It'll be an exciting season to watch with having all the youngsters making the team, having guys like Reilly in the system (Gardiner eventually coming back from injury) and our 1st rounder.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
This is incredible news.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabo - Kulemin
MacArthur - Kadri - Frattin
Komarov - McClement - Brown

???

Switch JVR and Mac. Perfect and it looks like thats what it will in fact be on saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad