All Purpose Training Camp Thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Tim Connolly not on the ice at Leafs practice. It's expected Connolly will be placed on waivers. More opportunity for players in system.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010

Tim Connolly not on the ice at Leafs practice. It's expected Connolly will be placed on waivers. More opportunity for players in system.

Boom

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Fair enough. I was going to include Kulemin but I suspected Carlyle is looking into whether he or JVR should be placed on the 2nd line.

JVR probably needs to get into game shape.

Lines are so fluid anyway, that I think we might see the opening shifts of the first period of the first game lines, but not necessarily the opening shift of the second period of the first game.

I remember a couple years ago MacArthur was talking about how Grabovski and Kulemin dragged him out all the time for extra practice. It would be easy to just go with that line and see where JVR fits in.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
They really couldn't find a dance partner for Connolly?

He'll find a home elsewhere, and I'm sure both and him and Lombardi will have very good seasons.

However, Im very happy with this news. Finally, it seems Nazem Kadri will play for the Maple Leafs.

Even more excited!

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
What does the line up look without Connolly now?

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
MacA - Grabo - Kule
JVR - Kadri - Frattin
Komarov - McClement/Steckel - Brown

Am I missing someone?

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
LAC all gone from LACK. Just K left. :laugh: (although I don't see him going and he does seem to play better under Carlyle). Wouldn't mind losing Steckel either and playing McClement on 4th line duty.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
wasnt mcclement to be the #3 center?

I think this is more evidence that Carlyle will roll with 4 lines more frequently, sheltering Kadri/Frattin's minutes and using the 4th line in a more checking role ...

Carlyle did say he wants 3 scoring lines, 1 capable of being a checking line at the same time (Grabo's) .. With a 4th line being the checking line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad