All Purpose Trade/Roster Building Thread XIII - the 23 deadline approaches

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
With Miller it's not the 2028 Canes I'm worried about. It's the 2025 Canes. Taking him on with no retention (because they can't retain on his new contract) probably costs us an additional good player to the one we're probably set to lose that off-season to begin with. And maybe even 2 good players if RSN Armageddon plays out the way it's expected to resulting in at least 2 more seasons of stagnant cap beyond next season.

I look at it this way: can we afford to lose Brady Skjei with Alexander Nikishin coming in? Probably. Can we also afford to lose Teravainen and Pesce or Ago because we chose to bring in Miller? f*** no.

They can afford to lose Turbo and maybe Pesce, as well, if the Canes have good contingency plans for Pesce like they did with Hamilton. In no way do I think that we're in any danger of losing Aho.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
They can afford to lose Turbo and maybe Pesce, as well, if the Canes have good contingency plans like they did with Hamilton. In no way do I think that we're in any danger of losing Aho.
I hope you're right. I just don't want an 8 million dollar contact for 8 years completely f***ing us if those negotiations go poorly. There's a reason I'm pushing for whoever we get to be retained to as close to 4m per for the remainder of their deal as possible.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Gunler didn't play yesterday either from what I see so maybe he is just being scratched. Odd timing though. Maybe he was in the Meier offer.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Lake's Recipe for Anger and Frustration*

• Take something you care about that hasn't happened yet
  • Imagine the worst possible outcome
  • Treat that as a given
  • Obsess
  • If there's a better result than you imagined, accept it rationally but make sure you retain and stoke the bad feelings you built up while obsessing about the worst possible outcome.

Make sure you share all of the above with as many people as possible!

* this works as well with politics as it does with hockey trades :D

do we stoke it or stroke it?

• Wow
Reactions: LakeLivin

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Go one stop-shopping at the Flames:

Lindholm (heard he likes the surge)
Tiffoli
Zadorov

All three have a year left (I think) and fill our voids (2C, 2LW, 3LD). Wonder what it would cost.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Go one stop-shopping at the Flames:

Lindholm (heard he likes the surge)
Tiffoli
Zadorov

All three have a year left (I think) and fill our voids (2C, 2LW, 3LD). Wonder what it would cost.
Starts with Necas or Jarvis. Unless they want to entertain swapping one of those pieces with Teravainen. They didn't pay Kadri and Huberdeau to start a rebuild.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
SJ absolutely played us at the benefit of their friends NJ
Gotta love unethical "professionals." Plenty of them around the world.

Real slimy situation when nepotism and personal connections seem like a real factor.
Guess who Team #1 is:

Hmm. I wonder...

*Edit* Wait, why would Carolina have cap or roster considerations as Frank said? Assuming we're team #1 in his Tweet?

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Circle back around with SJ on Couture. Great Playoff warrior. With enough retention it could match.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
so I imagine the origins of the Jarvis blog rumor were as suspected:

-he was likely the ask from SJS (a la Mercer from NJ)
-his agent very likely let him know he was “in the mix” for a trade. The Canes front office obviously had no intention of ever offering him, for Meier at least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad