All Purpose Trade/Roster Building Thread XIII - the 23 deadline approaches

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
so I imagine the origins of the Jarvis blog rumor were as suspected:

-he was likely the ask from SJS (a la Mercer from NJ)
-his agent very likely let him know he was “in the mix” for a trade. The Canes front office obviously had no intention of ever offering him, for Meier at least
probably right and FWIW he has been on fire since he was "notified"....a little urgency never hurts.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Gotta love unethical "professionals." Plenty of them around the world.

Real slimy situation when nepotism and personal connections seem like a real factor.

Hmm. I wonder...

*Edit* Wait, why would Carolina have cap or roster considerations as Frank said? Assuming we're team #1 in his Tweet?
I'm assuming that we wanted some retention to bring in a lhd depth guy.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
They don’t play again til Wednesday, time to get some deals done and give the new addition(s) a day or 2 to get comfortable before playing the Golden Knights.

That is, if there are any deals to be had.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
so I imagine the origins of the Jarvis blog rumor were as suspected:

-he was likely the ask from SJS (a la Mercer from NJ)
-his agent very likely let him know he was “in the mix” for a trade. The Canes front office obviously had no intention of ever offering him, for Meier at least
Accurate.

I'm expecting the return to be say 1st, Holtz, Shaq. But something tells me we're going to be pissed when we see the return, because we were getting f***ing played all along.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina

So, that will have to hurt San Jose's return.

*Edit* Carolina was comfortable way earlier about trading for him without any contract extensions talks than New Jersey was. NJ only became comfortable about 2 days ago according to Friedman. Another bad look on the Carolina-San Jose "negotiations."

This whole thing doesn't smell right.

Last edited:

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
I bet that our package was something like Morrow + 2023 1st + 2024 Philly 2nd. Which honestly is pretty good.
Yeah, it's respectable. Personally I would've thrown in another non-Nikishin prospect though. Not sure if there would've been one to make much of a difference if Grier has had a hard on for New Jersey this whole time though.

Reactions: LakeLivin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad