All Purpose Trade/Roster Building Thread XIII - the 23 deadline approaches

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Apprently our version is localized from the Aesop original with grapes. :laugh:

Rowan tree is important in various fashions in cultural traditions around the Northern Europe so that can't isn't a wonder its berries have substituted grapes where grapes don't really grow.

The gloriously abundant berries are bitter due to malic and, obviously, sorbic acid, giving them a peculiar taste. I can't say what else would be like them.

When the weather drops below 0 celsius, the acid starts to ferment and especially the bohemian waxwings are known to get drunk on the berries.

tilhi3.jpg
You guys have some fancy spy camer… I mean birds

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Apprently our version is localized from the Aesop original with grapes. :laugh:
Rowan tree is important in various fashions in cultural traditions around the Northern Europe so that can't isn't a wonder its berries have substituted grapes where grapes don't really grow.

The gloriously abundant berries are bitter due to malic and, obviously, sorbic acid, giving them a peculiar taste. I can't say what else would be like them.

When the weather drops below 0 celsius, the acid starts to ferment and especially the bohemian waxwings are known to get drunk on the berries.

tilhi3.jpg

Wouldn't that make the fox correct about the berries likely being sour/bitter, completely eradicating the intended moral of the fable, lol?

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Chychrun + Bjugstad for 1st + Scott Morrow + Jack Drury

Opens up a potential Pesce or Skjei trade this offseason. I think something like Pesce for DeBrincat could benefit both teams. Bjugstad is a 6'6" rental forward who is playing well this year.
Problem with that offer is that isn’t even enough for Chychrun alone if the reported demands for him are to be believed.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
The last three forwards that Carolina has been hot after were Marchment, Tkachuk and Meier. These are all a specific type of player. Skill combined with physicality which the top-6 needs. They are all 100+ hits forwards.

Nick Schmaltz is the opposite of that type of player. Schmaltz has 4 hits this year 5v5. The same number as Pacioretty. Same number as Gaudreau.

Maybe Carolina is just out to get whatever talent they can. But Crouse fits their mold a lot better. Scanning through the top hitters this year some names that could fit are Jeannot, Sam Bennett, Laughton, JT Miller (although that contract is ugly), Couture, even DeBrincat has 90 hits 5v5.

Problem with that offer is that isn’t even enough for Chychrun alone if the reported demands for him are to be believed.
Andy Strickland reported this morning that the cost was either two 1sts or a 1st and a prospect equaling a 1st.

I think about Dundon's interview where he said that he just likes to make deals and trades. This would fall under that category. The first shoe to drop in a bigger offseason move.

It does help both the LD and PP goal scorer needs. Chychrun can shoot.

Plus it keeps him away from Buffalo, Pittsburgh or Washington who seem to be frontrunners.

Last edited:

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Well if we have oodles of space now, get Puljujarvi with a 7th for future considerations to help the Oil out and then see if he can be developed better among some friends.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I have no desire for another reclamation project. We need proven players that can help us now
Ya know i don't have a problem with them taking in another reclamation project, but not yet. Let KK put up 2 season of 30-40 points and prove he can be a consistent contributor and then get another. He seems on his way and man I can't wait for the but hurt out of Montreal if he gets right up against 40 points 2 years in a row

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Lake's Recipe for Anger and Frustration*

• Take something you care about that hasn't happened yet
  • Imagine the worst possible outcome
  • Treat that as a given
  • Obsess
  • If there's a better result than you imagined, accept it rationally but make sure you retain and stoke the bad feelings you built up while obsessing about the worst possible outcome.

Make sure you share all of the above with as many people as possible!

* this works as well with politics as it does with hockey trades :D

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Pagnotta wonders if they go for Kevin Hayes says they don’t like the contract very much but might be interested if they eat 2-3 million

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The forward group is only 12 deep with Kase hurt. There are roster spots to play with. Injuries are likely.

Play Puljujarvi as needed the rest of the way and re-sign him in the Summer for more of an opportunity in 23-24. His QO has little meaning, if the acquisition cost is trivial. He's not getting close to that number; it's just something he can leverage to find a better opportunity. You would think that Carolina would be at the top of his wish list with the amount of Finns, including Aho.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
sure. I would aggressively go after Forsberg. Get a deal done quickly before Nashville trades away too much of the roster. As Svechammer suggested, offer up the assets to Nashville that were offered to SJ.
I saw a report yesterday that suggested Soros, Forsberg and Josi were untouchables....of course, everyone has their price.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Pagnotta wonders if they go for Kevin Hayes says they don’t like the contract very much but might be interested if they eat 2-3 million
Better be closer to 3m. Big and productive, but already slow at 30, not physical, and paid north of 7m per for 3 more seasons.

The more I think about things the more I'm talking myself into Boeser especially if we can get Vancouver to retain 2m. If we ever do move Necas to C like we should consider doing, he'd slot in perfectly

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Better be closer to 3m. Big and productive, but already slow at 30, not physical, and paid north of 7m per for 3 more seasons.

The more I think about things the more I'm talking myself into Boeser especially if we can get Vancouver to retain 2m. If we ever do move Necas to C like we should consider doing, he'd slot in perfectly
The more I think about things the more I'm talking myself into just biting the bullet on JT Miller's contract if he can be had for cheap. Let the 2028 Canes figure out how to dump him to Arizona.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I'm generally skeptical of the idea that top-heavy clubs like the Rangers or Leafs have any sort of staying power. Tampa and Colorado's wins had teams that had a bunch of stars but also depth because of numerous deadline additions. Carolina's roster makeup is similar to Washington (who really only had one star in Ovechkin and a bunch of very good underneath him) and St. Louis when they won a cup except that they're much younger. The Canes IMO have plenty of a shot with there being fewer stars+depth juggernauts this year with the Kadri and Palat departures.

the one star being the best goal scorer of all time.

Reactions: ndp

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
The more I think about things the more I'm talking myself into just biting the bullet on JT Miller's contract if he can be had for cheap. Let the 2028 Canes figure out how to dump him to Arizona.
Always liked the idea of Miller even at that contract he’s gonna be worth it for 4-5 more years and can play wing or centre

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Okay. Wondering if it would be dangerous to ask about the Finnish version of Little Red Riding Hood given that Nordic countries have a reputation of being more sexually liberated than many other areas. :sarcasm:
I'm afraid we got the same sanitized version with the hunter saving the day. I understand the original was harsher and didn't have one

@Surrounded By Ahos can confirm that in Pratchett's Witches Abroad the elder of the witches chatter about the version with hunter being told only for children.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
With Miller it's not the 2028 Canes I'm worried about. It's the 2025 Canes. Taking him on with no retention (because they can't retain on his new contract) probably costs us an additional good player to the one we're probably set to lose that off-season to begin with. And maybe even 2 good players if RSN Armageddon plays out the way it's expected to resulting in at least 2 more seasons of stagnant cap beyond next season.

I look at it this way: can we afford to lose Brady Skjei with Alexander Nikishin coming in? Probably. Can we also afford to lose Teravainen and Pesce or Aho because we chose to bring in Miller? f*** no.

Last edited:

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Okay. Wondering if it would be dangerous to ask about the Finnish version of Little Red Riding Hood given that Nordic countries have a reputation of being more sexually liberated than many other areas. :sarcasm:

I'm afraid we got the same sanitized version with the hunter saving the day. I understand the original was harsher and didn't have one

@Surrounded By Ahos can confirm that in Pratchett's Witches Abroad the elder of the witches chatter about the version with hunter being told only for children.

Whew, that's a relief! I was worried about how the part about the Wolf eating Grandma might have ended up in the Finnish version!

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
A 1st and Gunler gets the Canes ??????
I could see Arizona being interested in Gunler. They lack his type on their roster and prospect pool. Philly I could also see.

Chychrun I would like. Or Crouse. Not too big on Schmaltz but he could be it. From Philly Hayes, Konecny or Farabee.

It wouldn't surprise me if Carolina moved today or tomorrow. If they peaced out on Meier then I think urgency is of the essence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad