Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sep 30, 2016
I actually like the extra pick idea. 1 for each player that has a team on the the list. I imagine it goes like this .... Bettman steps to mic ... With the next 173 picks are the Winnipeg Jets.

I guess they'll need to add an 8th, 9th, and 10th round to the draft...

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
So, Buffalo has finally figured out that tanking then trying to draft your way out of sucking isn't a guaranteed path to contention
They've just botched it. Bad drafting, bad development (pushing guys into the lineup immediately when they might have benefitted from some extra time), multiple course changes (they're on their 4th GM since the Jets returned and Pegula bought the team).

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
They've just botched it. Bad drafting, bad development (pushing guys into the lineup immediately when they might have benefitted from some extra time), multiple course changes (they're on their 4th GM since the Jets returned and Pegula bought the team).
Has any team that has committed to the long term tank NOT "botched it"?

I guess Edmonton can do it if they put together a couple of more wins but even then, it's been way harder than it should have been considering how many top picks they've had

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011

Ehlers trade talk
A 1st, two 2nd’s plus much needed Cap space for Ehlers to Utah? Yes please.

Reactions: Hunter368

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Aside from the fact Utah will not trade the 1st especially for a winger. They are loaded on the wing.
And I doubt Chevy trades within division, with a star player...the free agent winger market drops off after Stamkos and Marchessault...Ehlers and Necas should get good offers.

Reactions: hn777 and spockBokk

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Utah trade is a cap move IMO, if we want to save the cap and spend it else where. Also picks are just trade capital. Also allows for internal growth from our prospects. If forced to pick one of the two trades I would pick the Utah trade bc the Habs trade is a bunch of meh (lower value guys and one big negative value guy) and no real cap advantage.
This would be OK, if we actually gave them room for growth.

If you trade Ehlers for some decent centerman prospect, and then go on to lock up Monahan with the cap savings, that C prospect isn't going to get a shot in the top 9 with the Jets for a long, long time. That's a waste of an asset.

A high pick is a much better return, if we are forced to lose that trade. We've actually shown clear willingness to work with our top picks, and we'll get another high pick in 2025 due to an inept offense. Those guys could actually become difference makers down the line. Wash that shit juice down with no cap room getting tied up to the Josh Andersons of the world, and it's at least logical.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Gotta think the price on McGroarty is high.
-maybe a top 15 pick for this week
-maybe a young RD player or prospect
-maybe a young C player or prospect

Anything else seems like a no-go.

With that being said, the Jets LW depth is bonkers and McGroarty might be among the most valuable of those LWs on the trade market.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Gotta think the price on McGroarty is high.
-maybe a top 15 pick for this week
-maybe a young RD player or prospect
-maybe a young C player or prospect

Anything else seems like a no-go.

With that being said, the Jets LW depth is bonkers and McGroarty might be among the most valuable of those LWs on the trade market.
could Owen Beck or Logan Mailloux interest you guys ?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
could Owen Beck or Logan Mailloux interest you guys ?

Jets needs are 2C and top 4 RHD, so I doubt Beck would be of interest as a return for McGroarty, Beck looks to be 3c potential. Either way I would be very surprised if the Jets traded him, but if they did be prepared to give up something that’s going to hurt and fills a Jets need

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Jets needs are 2C and top 4 RHD, so I doubt Beck would be of interest as a return for McGroarty, Beck looks to be 3c potential. Either way I would be very surprised if the Jets traded him, but if they did be prepared to give up something that’s going to hurt and fills a Jets need
So Mailloux would be the one that fits your need

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Friedman just said McGroarty’s name is out there in trades. No specific team mentioned.
Chevy likely knows he has two big holes to fill, is purely in win now now, he’s doing his due diligence and dangling one of the Jets best prospects and see what bites he gets, but he would return a nice piece or he wouldn’t be traded

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
The story of the Jets having success with its prospects, part 687. I don't know what the deal is with the two parties not talking (is McG supposed to change his mind about returning to Michigan or what?), but he's also the one prospect we have that we shouldn't have these issues with. How is this happening again?

If your 2024-25 lineup includes Heinola, I'd consider making changes to it.

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Chevy likely knows he has two big holes to fill, is purely in win now now, he’s doing his due diligence and dangling one of the Jets best prospects and see what bites he gets, but he would return a nice piece or he wouldn’t be traded
Jeff Hamilton was on WST a few months ago and he hinted Jets could have some issues in the future trying to sign McGroarty. This was because he didn’t sign after Michigan’s season completed. Not sure if he had inside info, or just using history as an indicator. Or both.

I dont think, if the trade happens, this is the Jets trying to “win now”. It’s because McGroarty doesn’t want to be here for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad