Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
From Vanc...

Agent Dan Millstein has permission to help facilitate an Ilya Mikheyev trade.

Mikheyev struggled this past season, recording 11 goals and 20 assists for a total of 31 points over 78 regular-season games. Over 11 playoff games, he failed to record a point.

Per the Wash Capitals ( capfriendly ), Mikheyev has a 12-team no-trade list.

How do players that struggle this much ever get to have a no-trade list? The NHL has to deal with these clauses somehow.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Grasping at straws. Just like the Pens last off season acquiring Karlsson, they are a fading team with a fading HOF player hoping against hope to stay relevant.
At least Karlsson was coming off an 101 point Norris winning season.

PLD's buyout would've resulted in dead cap for 14 years (until the end of the 2038-39 season). Maybe that's why the Caps bought Capfriendly... :sarcasm:

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
From Vanc...

Mikheyev struggled this past season, recording 11 goals and 20 assists for a total of 31 points over 78 regular-season games. Over 11 playoff games, he failed to record a point.

How do players that struggle this much ever get to have a no-trade list? The NHL has to deal with these clauses somehow.
Could implement clauses based on performance. Don’t meet the expectations of the contract, you lose your trade protection. I’m sure the NHLPA would love that one but GMs need to push back a bit.

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
No Trade / No Movement Clauses were negotiated into the CBA and that's a hill the NHLPA will surely die on. I don't ever see that coming out unless something sweeter is coming back to the players / NHLPA.

And really, it's on the GM that agreed to that no trade clause for a marginal player like Mikheyev.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
No Trade / No Movement Clauses were negotiated into the CBA and that's a hill the NHLPA will surely die on. I don't ever see that coming out unless something sweeter is coming back to the players / NHLPA.

And really, it's on the GM that agreed to that no trade clause for a marginal player like Mikheyev.
It's a fair clause... the labour market is heavily slanted towards proven nhl talent - just making it inti the bigs gets you extraordinary bargaining power really - if you've had one good season... even moreso

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
How about we do this
Trade for Laine
Trade for Puljujarvi
Bring back Vesalainen

Run the Big Enigmatic Finn line of potential busts

The professor's reaction:
vince-mcmahon.gif

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The D I would want if we dealt with the Sens is Zub. Although they are likely not moving him.

Zub has trade protection. Chabot's doesn't kick in until July 1. If it is Ehlers to Ottawa for a Dman it probably is Chabot and probably before July1.

Reactions: surixon

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
The only thing that bothers me about Chabot is he seems to pick up injuries every year, has never played a full season closest he has come is 70 and 71 games in b2n seasons 4 years ago.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The only thing that bothers me about Chabot is he seems to pick up injuries every year, has never played a full season closest he has come is 70 and 71 games in b2n seasons 4 years ago.

I'd include 2021 as the season was only 56 games and he played 49. But yes injuries are a concern.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
From Vanc...

The problem is it isn't a player issue, an NHL issue, big market issue, or nice weather city issue. Mostly it is just a small undesirable market issue. So basically us and a handful of other teams. The NHL won't put a single once of effort into it, since most of its teams are okay with it and they would have to give considerable concessions to the NHLPA for them to even consider negotiating it away.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Habs?

I really hope Chevy isn't trying to pry Chychrun out of Ottawa. He has a 10 no trade clasue so let's hope Winnipeg is on it.
Zub would be nice but they'd have to add if we are giving up Ehlers. Like most NHL teams, they aren't overflowing with RHD. Chabot makes more sense as he is getting big bucks for the last 4 years of his contract.

I'd be all in for Chabot. He's as good as JMo but that 38m over the next 4 years is a lot for Chipman to pay I think. It would be okay in the Sens' eyes as they have paid him only 26m for the first 4 years of his deal. The 8m AAV for 4 years shouldn't be a problen if Ehlers is going back.

Ehlers, Heinola, and Lucius for Chabot at 1.5m retention.
Buy out Schmidt and sign DeMelo.
Extend Miller for 2 years around 1.75m. Tell him he will be getting 3rd pair minutes.

JMo DD
Chabot Pionk
Sammy Miller

Stan in the pressbox and hopefully Salmon is playing well on the Moose and gets called up by Christmas.

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Habs?

I really hope Chevy isn't trying to pry Chychrun out of Ottawa. He has a 10 no trade clasue so let's hope Winnipeg is on it.
Zub would be nice but they'd have to add if we are giving up Ehlers. Like most NHL teams, they aren't overflowing with RHD. Chabot makes more sense as he is getting big bucks for the last 4 years of his contract.

I'd be all in for Chabot. He's as good as JMo but that 38m over the next 4 years is a lot for Chipman to pay I think. It would be okay in the Sens' eyes as they have paid him only 26m for the first 4 years of his deal. The 8m AAV for 4 years shouldn't be a problen if Ehlers is going back.

Extend Miller for 2 years around 1.75m. Tell him he will be getting 3rd pair minutes.

JMo DD
Chabot Pionk
Sammy Miller

Stan in the pressbox and hopefully Salmon is playing well on the Moose and gets called up by Christmas.
Wow that is a lot to offer.

Reactions: Huffer

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Habs?

JMo DD
Chabot Pionk
Sammy Miller

I think I'd do that trade, Heinola doesn't have a place on this team with JoMo and Chabot running the powerplays as LHD

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Jets have no hope of contending as long as Pionk is playing 2nd pairing D. Make a move to push him down or get rid of him then I'm listening. If not pretty much anything the Jets do this offseason is not worth much. With Jets losing Dillon and DeMelo still unsigned with UFA fast approaching, lots would have to fall right for the Jets for that not to be the case. Infact there is a chance that Pionk is the Jets top pairing RD to start the season if the offseason goes slightly off-course.
Pionk is bad with bad defensive forwards not shocking.
He likes to attempt to generate offence and he’s ok at that.
I don’t think he’s the worst but deployed improperly at the worst possible time.

From Vanc...

Here’s the thing when it doesn’t work out for them they magically waive

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Jets have no hope of contending as long as Pionk is playing 2nd pairing D. Make a move to push him down or get rid of him then I'm listening. If not pretty much anything the Jets do this offseason is not worth much. With Jets losing Dillon and DeMelo still unsigned with UFA fast approaching, lots would have to fall right for the Jets for that not to be the case. Infact there is a chance that Pionk is the Jets top pairing RD to start the season if the offseason goes slightly off-course.
Pionk has been so garbage the last few years. the guy is abysmal and absolute disgraces the position as a defender. much of the commentary of the Jets' PO choke-job have fallen on Helle & Ehlers given their underperformances. however in Pionk's case, that was closer his usual level of play & the season was effectively over b/c of his game 5 performance. we all hope for a bounce-back, and given a contract year perhaps that happens like he did last time around.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

Yeh the NHL would have to give something back. Those clauses are going nowhere.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Wow that is a lot to offer.
Getting back a bona fide 1LHD that plays PP and PK for one year of Ehlers, Heinola that needs to play and won't behind JMO, Chabot and Sammy and Lucius. It seems he will always be hurt? I like him as a player but can he stay healthy?
Having two 1LHDs along with DD and Sammy makes for a nice D core for the next 4 or so years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad