Was Teemu Selanne more known for his speed or scoring?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Was Selanne a speedster or a scorer

• Speedster

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Scorer

Votes: 41 93.2%

• Total voters

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
As explosive as he was as a rookie I feel like that got lost a bit over time and that was also a long time ago now where a lot of people didn’t see it. While he gets remembered as a good skater, I don’t think his speed is usually talked about like when Bure gets brought up, or McDavid

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
I guess I kinda misread the title. Selanne is known for his scoring, but I feel like that really came about because he was a master at using his speed to his advantage, not because he had an extremely lethal shot.

Reactions: Miro4Norris

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The window where Selanne was associated with speed is pretty small, mainly his rookie year. He lost some speed his second year and was merely an elite skater rather than one of the fastest in the NHL after that. He was still one of the best scorers in the NHL for years after that.

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
Not to disrespect a great career and a great player but I think he is and wil be mostly remembered for his insane record-breaking rookie season!

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Not to disrespect a great career and a great player but I think he is and wil be mostly remembered for his insane record-breaking rookie season!
#1 thing for sure but he is remembered for:

Rookie season

Selänne - Kariya destroying the league era

3 x scoring title

Comeback w cup win,

Career longevity and stats

Ability to be great at a old age

Loved Personality

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad