Speculation: All Purpose John Tavares Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
I'd think Brisson would step in and inform other teams to move on.

I'm assuming he legitimately hasn't decided. (I, too, thought I'd wake up seeing a Leafs announcement.)
Yeah I’m under the impression he’s still deciding. No reason to keep dragging it on at this point unless he really hasn’t decided
Waking up to no decision gives some hope
But the stress
It is back

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
I'd think Brisson would step in and inform other teams to move on.

I'm assuming he legitimately hasn't decided. (I, too, thought I'd wake up seeing a Leafs announcement.)

Yeah clearly I’m just looking for any excuse other than “I don’t know where I want to play yet” for Tavares to still not have decided.

I’m getting highly impatient and I hate that lol.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
He must have told the NYI that he wasn't coming back, right? If he hasn't told any teams they're out haha just holding 5 teams hostage now while everyone signs and trades. DW is wonderful at waiting, gotta help us. I imagine the Leafs texting JT every 5 mins and asking hah

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
He must have told the NYI that he wasn't coming back, right? If he hasn't told any teams they're out haha just holding 5 teams hostage now while everyone signs and trades. DW is wonderful at waiting, gotta help us. I imagine the Leafs texting JT every 5 mins and asking hah

Luckily there are no great FAs, in my opinion, that we are really missing out on.

If we don’t get Tavares I’m pretty sure trades were gunna be how DW would improve the team. Like Panarin for example.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
"teams can't talk terms" but agree to exact terms with players before FA starts lol "5 years 7 mil per for JVR"

After the first year of the talking period, they changed it so they can all talk terms.

Probably because the NHL realized they couldn’t control it

Only thing they can’t do is formally sign papers and deliver them to the NHL

Reactions: Gilligans Island

Gilligans Island

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Luckily there are no great FAs, in my opinion, that we are really missing out on.

If we don’t get Tavares I’m pretty sure trades were gunna be how DW would improve the team. Like Panarin for example.

Yeah, there's no major opportunity cost here chasing Tavares.

Maybe there is on the trade front. I haven't heard any whispers about those players, that we were rumored to be in on, close to being dealt.

DW can go back to tanning at this point.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035
Jul 10, 2010
is it possible that he has decided but hasnt told anyone anything because he doesnt want anything to get leaked?

and then come 12:01 he'll announce hes taking his talents to north beach aka toronto

Jul 10, 2010
i think its been heavily implied if not outright said.

the biggest advantages the islanders could offer the 8 year deal and familiarity are both gone. Ive seen reports saying JT wasnt a fan of them firing Snow and Weight and didnt feel the same loyalty to the new front office as he did the old one,

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

I’m just assuming that means the Islanders are out.

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
Ive seen reports saying JT wasnt a fan of them firing Snow and Weight and didnt feel the same loyalty to the new front office as he did the old one,

If true, it’d be funny in a way that he left because the team was doing what they should have years ago and changed up the front office

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
If Tavares has signed a contract, a rumor would have leaked like all the other contracts that have leaked so far.

anthonyyy

Aug 11, 2011
So not to get too excited, but Islanders being out and JT not wanting to do max deal for 1 year, presumably with Toronto, looks pretty good for us.

Dark horse competition would be Tampa now. Seems like they came outta no where to grabbed McDonough at the trade deadline. Can they do it again?

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

Anyone have access to this and wanna share the negotiation details?

It just says he rejected the Islanders 8 year offer and they’re essentially out. Also says it’s believed they rejected a one year max offer, most likely from the leafs. That’s it.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
As we know it, rejected the NYI 8 year, rejected TOR 1 year max deal. If he doesn't announce something right at noon, id imagine thats a good thing for the Sharks also it means there is probably a bidding war going on. I was expecting a 12.5M per, anyone think it goes 13.5M+?

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
As we know it, rejected the NYI 8 year, rejected TOR 1 year max deal. If he doesn't announce something right at noon, id imagine thats a good thing for the Sharks also it means there is probably a bidding war going on. I was expecting a 12.5M per, anyone think it goes 13.5M+?
I’ve always thought it would be 7 years 91 million, which is 13 a year.

Reactions: Friday

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
I don't even care the price anymore. I'd be fine with a max contract.
Even if 13.5, if that's what it takes, you do it. Easy to trim the fat. The difference between goodrow and Melker is that 1 million difference.

Reactions: Friday

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
If there is a bidding war he'll get at least 13m, probably more. I hope DW is willing to do it, we need this.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
I think more realistically Toronto tried to do the 1/15 + 8/9 and Tavares rejected it. I think the Sharks are offering 7 X 12, and Tavares is using that to try to get more money from Toronto.

I think he ends up going to Toronto on like a 7 X 11 deal and everyone will wonder "why didn't my team match that!" when in reality I think the Sharks already have. They're ready to unload a truck for Tavares, and the fact he hasn't signed yet means he's using that to get more money from Toronto IMO.

That being said, if the above scenario is true, I hope the Sharks just screw the Leafs and offer Tavares a max deal max term contract.

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
I would assume Sharks are already at $14m plus and likely willing to go to max. Leafs and Tampa are likely at $12M per

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I think more realistically Toronto tried to do the 1/15 + 8/9 and Tavares rejected it. I think the Sharks are offering 7 X 12, and Tavares is using that to try to get more money from Toronto.

I think he ends up going to Toronto on like a 7 X 11 deal and everyone will wonder "why didn't my team match that!" when in reality I think the Sharks already have. They're ready to unload a truck for Tavares, and the fact he hasn't signed yet means he's using that to get more money from Toronto IMO.

That being said, if the above scenario is true, I hope the Sharks just screw the Leafs and offer Tavares a max deal max term contract.
If he is using the Sharks for nothing more than leverage then he can go straight to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad