Speculation: All Purpose John Tavares Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2010
the more i think abiut it, the lack of leaks makes me think its SJ

Seems like nothing we do ever gets leaked, meanwhile Toronto and Tampa stuff gets leaked all the time

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
the more i think abiut it, the lack of leaks makes me think its SJ

Seems like nothing we do ever gets leaked, meanwhile Toronto and Tampa stuff gets leaked all the time

Was thinking the same. People are grasping and straws and that kind of media blackout is 100% San Jose.

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
I dunno, I don’t see him waiting out like this as a money thing
I truly just believe he’s weighing his options on what’s best for him now and for the future
There’s no rush for him to sign anywhere
Of course we want it to happen already but for him there’s no rush

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009

That’s discouraging IF true. If he wanted to come to SJ and we offered 7/91MM it would be agreed to. But pagnotta isn’t that reliable and unless someone from JTs camp leaked that at Brissons discretion I don’t see how details leak out now after all the hush hush

Maladroit

May 9, 2018
Berkeley, CA
Why are people still pretending Pagnotta has any idea what's going on? He literally called yesterday "Tavares Day" and said teams would be informed of his decision yesterday morning. He's a f***ing clown. If the actual insiders don't know some hack at the Fourth Period definitely doesn't.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Why are people still pretending Pagnotta has any idea what's going on? He literally called yesterday "Tavares Day" and said teams would be informed of his decision yesterday morning. He's a ****ing clown. If the actual insiders don't know some hack at the Fourth Period definitely doesn't.
He called the LoCo thing before anyone yesterday. Also this is all speculation from everyone haha we need something to talk about.

Maladroit

May 9, 2018
Berkeley, CA
He called the LoCo thing before anyone yesterday. Also this is all speculation from everyone haha we need something to talk about.

I know we're all desperate for info but he's not a reliable source. And anyone could have called the Couture thing - LeBrun reported the eight-year term back on Tuesday or something IIRC. Doesn't take a genius to guess $8 million a year and look like an "insider."

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
That’s discouraging IF true. If he wanted to come to SJ and we offered 7/91MM it would be agreed to. But pagnotta isn’t that reliable and unless someone from JTs camp leaked that at Brissons discretion I don’t see how details leak out now after all the hush hush
I don't know if it's discouraging, probably means it's a bidding war.

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
JT signs in Toronto and DW announced extensions to couture Hertl and Thornton and says that’s why he cleared cap space.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
I don't know if it's discouraging, probably means it's a bidding war.

No way TOR. can climb that high with Marner, Nylander, and Matthews needing extensions. I don’t really believe Pagnotta here though

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Wouldn’t have been illegal to offer him specific terms before 30 minutes from now? Not sure I buy that info.

Wonder if he’s waiting to see the official specific offers at 12est.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Everyone is conected/signing FA's on that 5 team list BUT the Sharks and Leafs. It has to be a two horse race

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
I don’t like that we had to offer more. Sounds like he told DW that he was thinking of signing elsewhere so DW made a last ditched bid to change his mind. Of course that is if the report is legit.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, this is easily the most tight lipped UFA situation I can ever recall.
I mean, DW is usually good at keeping things under wrap. The optimist in me says that it means he's going to SJ, but the realist says it would be hard to turn down an offer to play with your hometown team you grew up rooting for.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Wouldn’t have been illegal to offer him specific terms before 30 minutes from now? Not sure I buy that info.

Wonder if he’s waiting to see the official specific offers at 12est.

Honestly, i'm hoping this is over quicker rather than later. It's been fun and all, but 72 pages in, my heart is ready for the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad