Speculation: All Purpose John Tavares Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

68 Z-28

Jul 10, 2007
Under the Tank
giphy.gif

Me right now...

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
I bet we offered max term max AAV and STILL get beat because of course we do. Life sucks. I really am hoping for the best, I really am.

I mean it makes sense!
He's instantly 1C with little to no competition from within, he gets lotsa money, he gets to play for a great crowd and a team that competes year in year out, and we got cap space. He sighs with Toronto and Matthews is going to want that raise and cap f*** them. So the choice is ezpz. pls come here ;_;

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
I just peeked in at the Isles' board, and people there are, um, lets just call it "upset". (kind of like saying Tsar Bomba made a noticeable boom, rofl) After seeing their thread, I feel less bad about people losing their minds in this one... :laugh:

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
Well, to look on the bright side of it before I sleep
Even if he doesn’t come here, it’s not like we’re losing him
Gained nothing, lost nothing but time and sanity which is nothing new

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
I just peeked in at the Isles' board, and people there are, um, lets just call it "upset". (kind of like saying Tsar Bomba made a noticeable boom, rofl) After seeing their thread, I feel less bad about people losing their minds in this one... :laugh:
Wait how? LOL

That's actually amazing. We're masters at the freak out here. Nothing really goes our way

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
15+ new pages since this morning when there was absolutely no news today. I don't even want to know how many pages the Toronto board has.
Had over a 120+ pages from 2am last night...running on a long day shift with 3 hours of sleep and here I am sleuthing. Regardless of what happens, I hope you guys get a cup soon. It'll help the game of hockey grow more, frankly, that's most important thing for it's health. Then again I used to lurk quite a bit in the past and still kind of root for you guys due to Couture (loved him as 67's player), Burns(god bless him), Joe(get the cup with him too, love him too) and so on.

Also, have good friends (maybe?) in @The Nemesis (I haven't followed the jays as much but boy my heart breaks for you bud, still lurk the raptors board though) and @slocal back when he was a cool mod.

Honestly it was a bad sign when JT decided to go back to Toronto to make a decision. He knows Leafs fans are crazy. Announcing you've chosen a non-Leafs team while sitting in Toronto could start a riot.

We ain't Vancouver.

The odds we’re against the sharks anyways, he grew up a leaf fan
As a person who is going to the sports field and being around the sports management group...Hockey by FAR is one of the most archaic players/management groups, it is getting better now but still a way behind. "Grew up as fans of X" plays almost close to nothing...I hate it frankly, prospects are groomed so well now to be media savvy, it kind of frustrating to me at times, even though I like discipline and all, kills the character. You think Burn's behavior and talk would be ok in any of the cities like Van, Toronto, Montreal or w/e, you are dead wrong. It annoys me endlessly. Also why the reason I always have a soft spot for you guys with Jumbo Joe and Couture.

Only one time I put my faith in "grew up a fan" it was during Stamkos saying it was dead certain and it was because I spoke to his uncle...you know how that turned out. It's much much more about the team loyalty of where they are drafted/winning or financial security. There are very few that childhood team into the decision making, it's heavily based on winning or financial security.

Edit: there is a reason why you saw players like O'Neill, Gary Roberts, sign past their prime because they were done and they thought hey maybe? Finances are secured first and foremost and as well cup chances nill? Thats why it's awesome to have players like Laine in the system. Also very interested in how you guys deal with Merkley.

Reactions: NiWa and slocal

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
Wait how? LOL

That's actually amazing. We're masters at the freak out here. Nothing really goes our way
Well I mean.. imagine how it’d be if our captain and top 5-10 center in the nhl left for free agency
And in the way he did, as it rubbed a lot of fans the wrong way even if I don’t entirely agree being upset about how he went about this

I could see it going way way worse than it is here right now

We lose nothing but time
They lose their captain and franchise center

Last edited:

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
Well I mean.. imagine how it’d be if our captain and top 5-10 center in the nhl left for free agency
And in the way he did, as it rubbed a lot of fans the wrong way even if I don’t entirely agree being upset about how he went about this

I could see it going way way worse than it is here right now

We lose nothing but time
They lose their captain and franchise center

Yeah true..

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
If he does sign with the Leafs atleast one positive would be that the Sharks won't be giving a player $12+ million a year over 7 years. And the Sharks are still a contending team without Tavares and atleast he didn't sign with a western conference team not named the Sharks. But having to listen to the arrogant leaf fans over the next few months talking about being the best team in the league and how every other team should not even bother trying to compete is going to be vomit inducing.

Reactions: Saskatoon

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
What I'd like to see happen just for entertainment value as an NHL fan:

-Toronto schedules press conference, where Tavares appears and happily announces he signed with Leafs
-Sharks announce press conference for 30 minutes later
-DW appears at the table with Jumbo and Hertl (both wearing Sharks jerseys) and begins to announce the details of their new contracts
-In the middle of DW speaking, both Jumbo and Hertl sneak attack DW and hit him with a steel chair from behind
-Jumbo and Hertl both take off their Sharks jerseys to reveal Toronto jerseys underneath
-Jumbo grabs the mic and begins yelling at an unconscious DW that he was sick and tired of carrying around a crappy team for so long and that he and Hertl are joining Tavares and Marleau in Toronto
-PDB rushes the stage, but instead of helping DW, assists with the beat down with some cheap stomps to the head
-Dylan DeMelo also appears from behind the curtain and spray paints a maple leaf across DW's back
-Drake's Duppy Freestyle begins playing as JT, Hertl, PDB and DeMelo exit the stage

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
What I'd like to see happen just for entertainment value as an NHL fan:

-Toronto schedules press conference, where Tavares appears and happily announces he signed with Leafs
-Sharks announce press conference for 30 minutes later
-DW appears at the table with Jumbo and Hertl (both wearing Sharks jerseys) and begins to announce the details of their new contracts
-In the middle of DW speaking, both Jumbo and Hertl sneak attack DW and hit him with a steel chair from behind
-Jumbo and Hertl both take off their Sharks jerseys to reveal Toronto jerseys underneath
-Jumbo grabs the mic and begins yelling at an unconscious DW that he was sick and tired of carrying around a crappy team for so long and that he and Hertl are joining Tavares and Marleau in Toronto
-PDB rushes the stage, but instead of helping DW, assists with the beat down with some cheap stomps to the head
-Dylan DeMelo also appears from behind the curtain and spray paints a maple leaf across DW's back
-Drake's Duppy Freestyle begins playing as JT, Hertl, PDB and DeMelo exit the stage
Legit laughed out loud and cried tears of joy reading all of this :biglaugh:It also helps since I was watching a video of Jim Benning being compared to Paul Bearer from this year's draft. So this was just beautiful.

JackSkellington

Pumpkin King
Feb 18, 2016
South Florida
This whole JT watch is affecting my life that I had a nightmare just waking up now 6:30 ET. According to the nightmare he’s going to Toronto because his fiancé decided it’s closer to home and his fiancé’s mother preferred them to stay close. California is too far away, I then suggested to his fiancé that you would be playing in Cali winter months and they both agreed and liked the idea but it’s too far away. It’s over today fellas... LMAO

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Wake up to no news still. This shit is getting plain stupid now.

I just hope he’s already broken the news to whomever isn’t getting him, so they aren’t left in limbo when FA starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad