Speculation: All Purpose John Tavares Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
The problem here is that Lombardi/Wilson and co have not done their jobs to grow the game in the Bay Area to build up a group of young hockey players. Arizona grew an Auston Matthews. We've grown a Matt Tennyson.

68 Z-28

Jul 10, 2007
Under the Tank
The amount of mostly baseless "I think he'll go to toronto now more than before because of vague, arbitrary, artificial reasons" is hilarious.

Almost as hilarious as the probable amount of "I told you so" no matter where he signs because in the last 24 hours most people have waffled between the various options enough to cover all the bases.

Agreed on the amount of waffling. I’ve always held a view of; Expect the worst and hope for the best. If he doesn’t sign here, it won’t be a surprise to me because the Sharks have historically not gotten the UFA’s to sign.

It’s a very good sign to see the Sharks here in the final hours being a viable option. Hopefully it’s a start of UFA’s giving the organization a closer look.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
The problem here is that Lombardi/Wilson and co have not done their jobs to grow the game in the Bay Area to build up a group of young hockey players. Arizona grew an Auston Matthews. We've grown a Matt Tennyson.

C’mon. Matthews is an anomaly.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
Patty would not be winning a Cup in Toronto. They have a long way to go before that.
I agree, and that's why marleaus decision to go to a team with zero playoff exp is a head scratcher. By the time they can be a contender he'll be over 40.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
I know a guy in the bay who tried. Thing is, you have to spend your whole life playing hockey to even have a chance, so much luck involved there just being able to frequent a rink at a young age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad