Speculation: All Purpose John Tavares Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Honestly it could be anybody at this point. I know it feels like Toronto might have the upper hand but at the end of the day he's still skipped out on the NYI 8 year deal, so I think the sharks are still up there.

A Toronto reporter confirming a sharks signing? I don’t know about that. If JT wants to have that media and fan base up his ass for the next seven years though so be it

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Definitely looks like TOR is close. Just tell us tomorrow so DW can get on with the off season.

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
Maybe they're just waiting for the Islanders contract to go through and be accepted by the league before they announce it? Could be why he sent that one tweet before midnight
I dunno, I know that isn't it, just grasping at straws :dunno:

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Maybe they're just waiting for the Islanders contract to go through and be accepted by the league before they announce it? Could be why he sent that one tweet before midnight
Realistically, no actual information has leaked. BUT if we're being honest it really does seem likely he's leaning towards the Leafs.

Reactions: Frosty415

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011

No if isles signed him itd be reported and done. Not like lou called and the call dropped and he said oh well tomorrow.

Mirtle has a ton of lead followers so I would think it's the leafs..something quirky going on with term and $ bonuses Ts and I's and hes thinking itll be morning news or the leafs like to make it official official so may have to wait till noon when he can pen to paper

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
A Toronto reporter confirming a sharks signing? I don’t know about that. If JT wants to have that media and fan base up his ass for the next seven years though so be it
Who else would be breaking a Sharks signing? Kurz? :laugh:

Reactions: Friday

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
No if isles signed him itd be reported and done. Not like lou called and the call dropped and he said oh well tomorrow.

Mirtle has a ton of lead followers so I would think it's the leafs..something quirky going on with term and $ bonuses Ts and I's and hes thinking itll be morning news or the leafs like to make it official official so may have to wait till noon when he can pen to paper
Like I said, I was just grasping at straws and throwing shit at the wall hoping to look smart in the no chance it happened

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Who else would be breaking a Sharks signing? Kurz? :laugh:

What I meant is that Mirtle doesn’t have sources with the sharks like he does the leafs. If LeBrun for example tweeted it I’d be a lot more optimistic

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Man this guy is really gonna go to the leafs, no one wants to play here unless they’re from the west or get traded mid season and like it. **** sucks
I don't think its quite as bad as you make it to be but we definitely have 2 things stacked up against us:

1. Majority of the NHL players are Canadian and if they want to be closer to family, there is nothing we can do.
2. West coast travel sucks. Especially the Sharks schedule.

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
What I meant is that Mirtle doesn’t have sources with the sharks like he does the leafs. If LeBrun for example tweeted it I’d be a lot more optimistic
But you can also be optimitic with the fact that someone like LeBrun hasn't tweeted it at the same time

JackSkellington

Pumpkin King
Feb 18, 2016
South Florida
I don't think its quite as bad as you make it to be but we definitely have 2 things stacked up against us:

1. Majority of the NHL players are Canadian and if they want to be closer to family, there is nothing we can do.
2. West coast travel sucks. Especially the Sharks schedule.
Im just gonna go to bed expecting news of him agreeing with f***ing Toronto so I don’t set myself up for disappointment

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Of all the teams, it would be the one with the most overbearing fans to sign the guy we've been planning on signing for probably a couple of years now.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Honestly it was a bad sign when JT decided to go back to Toronto to make a decision. He knows Leafs fans are crazy. Announcing you've chosen a non-Leafs team while sitting in Toronto could start a riot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad