Speculation: All Purpose John Tavares Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Whats plan B?

Re-sign Jumbo (was already part of the plan)
Sign a UFA top-6 winger
Trade for an upgrade on Braun - top-4 RHD.

If we do not get Tavares I am going to start questioning us trading Hoffman to the Panthers. I know with the rumors around his personal life he may not have fit in here but it would have made it easier to just focus on getting that top-4 RHD.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The amount of mostly baseless "I think he'll go to toronto now more than before because of vague, arbitrary, artificial reasons" is hilarious.

Almost as hilarious as the probable amount of "I told you so" no matter where he signs because in the last 24 hours most people have waffled between the various options enough to cover all the bases.

Reactions: slocal

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly, I think I would've rather had him go to Vegas than Toronto just because how bad Torontos fans are.

If he does sign there, no way I can even visit the main boards without puking in disgust.

Reactions: coupe89

Trl3789

Jun 17, 2011
Bay Area
The amount of mostly baseless "I think he'll go to toronto now more than before because of vague, arbitrary, artificial reasons" is hilarious.

Almost as hilarious as the probable amount of "I told you so" no matter where he signs because in the last 24 hours most people have waffled between the various options enough to cover all the bases.

Under promise, over deliver. Best case im pleasantly surprised haha. Worst case its what was expected.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

Pretty much.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Re-sign Jumbo (was already part of the plan)
Sign a UFA top-6 winger
Trade for an upgrade on Braun - top-4 RHD.

If we do not get Tavares I am going to start questioning us trading Hoffman to the Panthers. I know with the rumors around his personal life he may not have fit in here but it would have made it easier to just focus on getting that top-4 RHD.
What winger? The only FA winger I would've liked is JvR and since we've been waiting on Tavares, we missed out.
Other options:Neal, Perron, and 2-3 line tweeners.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Whatever if he stays on the east coast with a team that has no defense and cap issues with him looming. Send them Braun ++ or whatever for Willy haha

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
Whats option B?
joE8kPo.gif

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
A Toronto reporter confirming a sharks signing? I don’t know about that. If JT wants to have that media and fan base up his ass for the next seven years though so be it
what? am I missing something im not a Toronto reporter

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
What winger? The only FA winger I would've liked is JvR and since we've been waiting on Tavares, we missed out.
Other options:Neal, Perron, and 2-3 line tweeners.
Did not want JVR or Perron. I think Neal could be really good for us but he is a dirty player and I have little respect for him.

I think trading for a top-4 D-man can we done by trading picks/prospects + Tierney or Labanc + Braun in separate or one package(s). This team has enough cap room to make it happen. I will be honest that my biggest concern without having Tavares on the roster is that PDB goes back to the Joe's being on the same line again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad