Speculation: All Purpose John Tavares Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
The Bay Area needs to develop superstars who may be more willing to sign here. The players who get traded here often stay but god damn it's so hard to get someone to sign. Auston Matthews come home to your birthplace.

That's not the main issue though. The main issue is that Canadian players and Euro players want to play closer to home, whether it's Eastern Canadan or Europe, and they really need to stop trying to sign with teams that put them a couple of hours closer to home. I mean what's the real difference if your extended family is a 5 hour flight away vs an 8 hour flight? Or 1 vs 3? When you have an NHL schedule, it doesn't mean much in the end.

In other leagues you don't see this issue. At all. You didn't see Kevin Durant shying away from GS even though they are way out west, have long travel, and have high CA taxes. But yet we speculate Tavares won't come to the same market for all of those reasons.

(The Giants and 49ers also go out and nab big free agents and have done so historically)

Pistol Pete

Dec 17, 2007
Mirtle knows his TML stuff. From my experience of reading his articles and tweets, he isn’t into the whole hype thing. That tweet is the first time I’ve generally felt like Tavares is going to Toronto.

Celebrini

Nov 15, 2010
I'm backtracking. Can anyone point me to the tweet suggesting that SJ upped their offer?

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Mirtle knows his TML stuff. From my experience of reading his articles and tweets, he isn’t into the whole hype thing. That tweet is the first time I’ve generally felt like Tavares is going to Toronto.

Yep ironically I’m feeling a lot less optimistic than I was this morning. I’m betting his family is pushing him to Toronto

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Yep ironically I’m feeling a lot less optimistic than I was this morning. I’m betting his family is pushing him to Toronto

Nah you're letting the Toronto hype get to you. Nobody knows where he's going. If he wants to go flame out in the first round in Toronto..then so be it.

Reactions: TorMapleJays

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Nah you're letting the Toronto hype get to you. Nobody knows where he's going. If he wants to go flame out in the first round in Toronto..then so be it.

You’re probably right but our history with free agent has me growing more pessimistic. I just can’t figure a quote guy like JT wanting to play in a place like Toronto. I’d understand if he picked TB over us but Toronto? Where are they going to get money for their defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad