Speculation: All Purpose John Tavares Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligans Island

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
I think he met with the teams based on his order of preference. He was probably leaning towards the Leafs from the beginning but he was still torn about leaving the Isles. The Sharks were the clear #3 and the other 3 teams were long shots. Tampa and Boston would have to move salary and Dallas missed the playoffs. Tavares has shown to be meticulous so looking back I think the order that he met the teams in weren't a coincidence.

Possibly - seems a bit too obvious but if that's the case and Tavares is taking this long, then clearly the Sharks (or maybe Bruins, Bolts or even Stars) made a good impression and are in the hunt.

At this point, it seems the Islanders are out so if the Leafs were in pole position to start blew him away in all aspects, why hasn't it leaked?

Man, I can't wait for this to be over.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
So purely hypothetically speaking would you rather have JVR and De Haan locked up on market value contracts or JT @12m and the subsequent cap hell it could create for us??

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Possibly - seems a bit too obvious but if that's the case and Tavares is taking this long, then clearly the Sharks (or maybe Bruins, Bolts or even Stars) made a good impression and are in the hunt.

At this point, it seems the Islanders are out so if the Leafs were in pole position to start blew him away in all aspects, why hasn't it leaked?

Man, I can't wait for this to be over.
Same.

One way or the other I am sure DW makes moves to give Jumbo all the help he can get for one more run (or two). I expect a good roster going into this season.

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
Ok. Good to know.

At first I freaked out and though the Tavares situation was done with. But then I saw no updates on Twitter so wondered what was going on.

I think we need to have a secondary site in place where we can go to check for updates when the main site is down.
Hahah for real, my stomach dropped when I saw the error message

God this is gonna kill me

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
The Bay Area needs to develop superstars who may be more willing to sign here. The players who get traded here often stay but god damn it's so hard to get someone to sign. Auston Matthews come home to your birthplace.

Reactions: ChompChomp

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
Makes sense for 1/3 of the league haha but why would we need him with JT

A more positive spin on that is that no Canadian team was on there so maybe he just wouldn't wanna go there

But I mean not having any Canadian team on the list at this moment isn't saying much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad