Speculation: All Purpose John Tavares Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

boredatwork

Oct 7, 2013
I honestly feel the opposite. I feel like if it were Toronto it would be more likely to have leaked by now than if it were SJ.

I agree. Don't want to get my hopes up, but announcing the Couture deal at the same time when everything is official sounds like the Sharks.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
It's also possible there is no decision as firm offers don't come in from other teams until tomorrow at noon. Supposedly. I think maybe today was about making the decision not to stay with the Islanders.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Lots of replies, so I'll try and clean it up here.

I don't think anyone knows except him and maybe his wife and a close friend. I don't think the Leafs know. I think he hasn't told them because he knows it will leak and wants to be able to speak publicly as soon as it does get out.

It could still be the Sharks. I just have a gut feeling it isn't. Maybe that's just part of being a Sharks fan.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

I don't think anyone knows except him and maybe his wife and a close friend. I don't think the Leafs know. I think he hasn't told them because he knows it will leak and wants to be able to speak publicly as soon as it does get out.

It could still be the Sharks. I just have a gut feeling it isn't. Maybe that's just part of being a Sharks fan.

Yeah, probably. :laugh:

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
I can't believe the shit he's putting the Islanders through, its less than an hour away, and he hasn't told them anything yet. Either that or he has and their keeping it quiet, which I don't see the reason why.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California

I agree with you here. I think I’m having trouble understanding how he’d choose the Sharks over the team that drafted him or, even bigger than that, his hometown, Canadian team.

It really is a super tough choice, I don’t envy him... except I do because I’d love 100 million dollars.

Reactions: Frosty415

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Looks that way, but then I'm surprised out of respect he didn't at least let the Islanders know he wasn't coming back.. I don't know, this whole circus has been pretty unprofessional.

I don’t super get why it’s unprofessional. I 100% think they’ve remained in communication with all teams and have updated them regularly. Just because it’s not public doesn’t mean they’re being unprofessional...

If anything they’re conducting all business privately - in a professional way.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
I don’t super get why it’s unprofessional. I 100% think they’ve remained in communication with all teams and have updated them regularly. Just because it’s not public doesn’t mean they’re being unprofessional...

If anything they’re conducting all business privately - in a professional way.

You could be right, but with less than 30 minutes left you think he's either told the Islanders he's not signing with them, and they've not only purposely said nothing, no one has even gotten a whiff of it? Or do you think he's left every team still in the dark, including the Islanders. I believe if he said something to the Isles someone would have said something by now

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
You could be right, but with less than 30 minutes left you think he's either told the Islanders he's not signing with them, and they've not only purposely said nothing, no one has even gotten a whiff of it? Or do you think he's left every team still in the dark, including the Islanders. I believe if he said something to the Isles someone would have said something by now

I think the silence is suspicious and that something is being worked out, possibly a sign and trade...

That’s the only thing I can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad