Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose "Days of Our Meruelo" Talk

HowlofRevel

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Prices are not a screaming deal, but I don't think they are outlandish. Prices look cheaper than last years ASU Hockey single game tickets direct from the school (For example, ASU Attack Twice tickets (118-119 and 113-112 were $50 before fees last year). And the Roadrunners prices are close to the ASU Season Ticket renewal rate for the upcoming season.

The top four price points all include buffet and beverage from the club lounge. That's why they are above $100.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Prices are not a screaming deal, but I don't think they are outlandish. Prices look cheaper than last years ASU Hockey single game tickets direct from the school (For example, ASU Attack Twice tickets (118-119 and 113-112 were $50 before fees last year). And the Roadrunners prices are close to the ASU Season Ticket renewal rate for the upcoming season.

The top four price points all include buffet and beverage from the club lounge. That's why they are above $100.
Venue, sight lines etc. are all better at Mullett as well.

TheLegend

"Just say it 3 times..."
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Bitching about Roadrunners tickets at Mullett?? Take a look at what Vegas charges for Henderson. And that's for ALL games.

VSN.jpg

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Bitching about Roadrunners tickets at Mullett?? Take a look at what Vegas charges for Henderson. And that's for ALL games.

View attachment 881145
The bitching here is indicative of the attitude of the great valley sports fan and further proof of my knowledge of them.

For all my carrying on about the asshat's, it's actually a shame they won't have more time with this RR experiment because if they can't fill the dink rink six times (no matter the price), the market is doomed!

TheLegend

"Just say it 3 times..."
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
The bitching here is indicative of the attitude of the great valley sports fan and further proof of my knowledge of them.

For all my carrying on about the asshat's, it's actually a shame they won't have more time with this RR experiment because if they can't fill the dink rink six times (no matter the price), the market is doomed!
Of course the person who brought it up lives in Toronto and not part of the “local pathetic fans” group you seem fond of….. but.

IMG_4165.png

JasonDemersWasOkay

Awaiting the return of my beloved team
Nov 14, 2018
I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the roadrunners struggle to fill mullett. This market is now probably the most apathetic to hockey after losing the team that mattered, now having a cuck team so you can watch another fan bases prospects? The same fan base that has your old team? Owned by the jackass who’s chiefly responsible for losing the team too. I just don’t think valley fans will go for it. 80% of valley fans didn’t know about or care about the coyotes. 95% probably don’t even know the roadrunners exist.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Of course the person who brought it up lives in Toronto and not part of the “local pathetic fans” group you seem fond of….. but.

View attachment 881229
Correction: I am not at all fond of the "fans" of the valley, that refuse to back their local team.

I don't see how it matters who brought up the pricing, other than if it was someone from out of town, it's obvious he/she understands the mindset of the locals, who will and are bitching.

What else is there to tell? Frankly, I can't believe I need to continually point out that a lack of paying fans is a problem, one that can't be denied and apparently can be overwhelmingly excused.

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the roadrunners struggle to fill mullett. This market is now probably the most apathetic to hockey after losing the team that mattered, now having a cuck team so you can watch another fan bases prospects? The same fan base that has your old team? Owned by the jackass who’s chiefly responsible for losing the team too. I just don’t think valley fans will go for it. 80% of valley fans didn’t know about or care about the coyotes. 95% probably don’t even know the roadrunners exist.
4,948,203 Phx metro population
4,500 seats at Mullett

I completely understand all the "reasons" why it's difficult to support, but it will boil down (as it always has) to how badly folks want hockey in their community.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
@Kai Yo T, I noticed you laughed at post 3,387. Were you laughing at the poor attendance throughout the years?
Yeah, that's it! :laugh:

You already know my view on the subject. I just find it funny when you make excuses for the franchise's complete failure to do anything right for two decades straight, blame the Arizona market, and then say everyone else is making excuses.

The biased hypocrisy is quite amusing.

Last edited:
Reactions: PainForShane

TheLegend

"Just say it 3 times..."
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Correction: I am not at all fond of the "fans" of the valley, that refuse to back their local team.

I don't see how it matters who brought up the pricing, other than if it was someone from out of town, it's obvious he/she understands the mindset of the locals, who will and are bitching.

What else is there to tell? Frankly, I can't believe I need to continually point out that a lack of paying fans is a problem, one that can't be denied and apparently can be overwhelmingly excused.

No correction needed…. Everyone knows what your attitude is.

Just like everyone knows they need more fans attending games. They simply look at it differently from you and that seems to be a problem.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Yeah, that's it! :laugh:

You already know my view on the subject. I just find it funny when you make excuses for the franchise's complete failure to do anything right for two decades straight, blame the Arizona market, and then say everyone else is making excuses.

The biased hypocrisy is quite amusing.
That it would be amusing, had a made excuses, which I haven't. I've been as critical, or more so of ownership than anyone.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Just like everyone knows they need more fans attending games. They simply look at it differently from you and that seems to be a problem.
You're the first to admit that more fans are needed. Regarding your last sentence - I'd wager only for the no shows.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
How many Coyotes tickets, how many Suns tickets, how many Diamondback tickets, and how many Cardinals tickets do we all have to buy every season to "back" our local teams?

Or does this only apply to hockey?
4,500 seats at Mullett
Roughly 17,000 seats at potential new arena

There should be plenty to go around. Unless you are saying that hockey can't draw well enough to survive. Of course question has been proven so, to date anyway.

@Coyotedroppings Roadrunners, in their attempt to fill the Mullet, will face a backlash from fans like me who won’t add a plumb nickel to a Meruelo enterprise.
4,500 seats at Mullett

That's okay, there should be plenty of fans in waiting!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad