Matvei Michkov: 9 points in first 8 NHL games

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Homerish, but if Philly didn't have a horrendously bad string of wide-open net misses, then Michkov is in the top-10 in points this year, so far.

That's even being very generous, because there are at least 7 notable freebies that were whiffed on where it's not even a question that an average NHL player would hit most of those.
If every player cashed in on most of their chances, they’d have more points.

That is just the nature of sports. Not all the chances you recreate results in points and goals

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Aww, you mean how y’all to get me out of the Demidov thread because the truth hurts 🤣🤣🤣. Incase you had difficulty reading my post it was a response to yet another Habs fans trying to force feed Demidov in a Michkov thread, reading is tough, cope.
You talk about Demidov in the Michkov thread, you talk about Michkov in the Demidov thread, and for some reason you talk about both in the Hutson thread while also talking about Hutson all the time. I don't even know what team you cheer for, you seem to be pretty obsessed with the Habs though. I know Hutson is small, maybe he's your type?

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Our entire fanbase wanted the guy and because all the idiot homers on internet who dont watch a single out of town game of hockey started talking smack we all get called idiots now , we aren't the ones making the picks either ! :laugh: Cut us some slack here

Reactions: MrGuyPerson

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
Our entire fanbase wanted the guy and because all the idiot homers on internet who dont watch a single out of town game of hockey started talking smack we all get called idiots now , we aren't the ones making the picks either ! :laugh: Cut us some slack here
I think Montreal takes the most flack because their franchise's media bangs the 2nd loudest drum in the league. First is sportsnet. Or to use their true name Leafsnet. While both markets have a massive influence on hockey media narratives, they also both have massive vocal fan bases with many voices. While I think most know the opinion of some is not the opinion of all, people react towards the entire general Habs pie even if they should only be targeting a slice of said habs pie.

The Habs should have taken Michkov, but in my opinion the Franchise that should be getting more questions on their decision to pass is actually the Sharks. Unlike the Flyers who decided to hang out in playoff range last season, the sharks were destined to be buns. I am not saying I don't think Will Smith will be good, but If anyone could have benefited most from taking Michkov and even waiting the full 3 years, it would have been the sharks. Just imagine an offense of Eklund, Michkov, Celebrini, Martone, and McKenna. That sounds like a potential offensive Dynasty does it not? The sharks should be getting more heat from fans and media for thier decision, but it seems like everyone only ever hears about the Habs decision. This is likely due to the elements mentioned in the first paragraph, but still

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad