Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose "Days of Our Meruelo" Talk

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Do you even think about what you post or do you just vomit up every half-baked thought you have? Google takes a microsecond to tell you information.

Yeah, rough four seasons. Highest four winning percentages in the history of the Coyotes. Made the playoffs 3 of those 4. Missed the playoffs in the lockout-shortened season by 5 points. Real shitty operation by the NHL.

Coincidentally, three of those were the 3 lowest-attended seasons other than the two in Mullett. So maybe winning doesn't solve the problem, eh?
It's not just about the "moment," rather what happened leading up to the moment and after. The way you are talking you were quite happy with the way the NHL ran the team. Now, that will make anyone vomit.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The game is afoot boys and girls......

If AM doesn't win the auction I'm not sure how much I will watch Utah, or the NHL knowing we won't have a team here for years. I'm a hockey fan, but it doesn't consume my life like some others, especially at my age.:laugh:
I think all the years of BS surrounding the Coyote's had a bit to do with it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Life is too short.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
The game is afoot boys and girls......

He's going to f*** this up. Do we know what the benchmarks are in his agreement with the NHL? For instance, if he loses the auction, does he get time (and if so, how much) to find a new site before the NHL pulls his rights to an AZ franchise, thus opening the door for other suitors to take on the market?

TheLegend

"Just say it 3 times..."
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Then again…. Rodier may have his bidders confused. Although these groups are big hitters.

Edit: That auction took place already on 5/29.

Edit 2: That auction drew ONE bid from the original applicant.

Last edited:
Reactions: finkelsteinberg

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He's going to f*** this up. Do we know what the benchmarks are in his agreement with the NHL? For instance, if he loses the auction, does he get time (and if so, how much) to find a new site before the NHL pulls his rights to an AZ franchise, thus opening the door for other suitors to take on the market?
I believe AM has a 5 yr. window.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
IIRC AM has a 2 year window. The deal falls apart if AM doesn’t meet the 2 (or was it 2.5) year benchmark.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
He has a 5 year window but from everything I read and Go PHNX he has to give his notice with 18 mos that he wants the expansion team. So it is unclear if he really has 3.5 years to have an arena 50%~ done or what.
That's the major milestone he has to meet, but I don't know if it was clear whether he could hit 50% done 1 day prior to the 5 year mark and have made the notice in the 5 year window, in which case he might have 6.5 years in total.

We don't know the whole set of milestones he has to meet though. If he doesn't win the auction, you have to think he's either already out or has to, very quickly, find a new location and secure it with all the approvals for building.

I'm curious if his 5 year window just goes away as soon as he misses something or if he gets to retain the intellectual property rights to the team for the remainder of the 5 years and then it reverts back to the NHL. Importantly, it could mean he's out and loses it, so another group could step in sooner.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He has a 5 year window but from everything I read and Go PHNX he has to give his notice with 18 mos that he wants the expansion team. So it is unclear if he really has 3.5 years to have an arena 50%~ done or what.
I think it's 18 month notice to re-activate the franchise. He's not going to re-activate the franchise without having the arena close to being finished.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad