All Bruins rumors/proposals: Reset and Sweenified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
I do too, lots to like there as long as the money is reasonable, but I also feel like another tweak would have to come. That D would be too slow for my liking.

Yes, if it is a fact that Cody will be signed the back end will still need one more addition, one that can at least play top 2 D and log good minutes with mobility being a big factor.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
Was hoping to see some of the Bruins kids inserted (Morrow/Miller). If they sign Franson they could send Sidenberg out or roll with a veteran D core and let the kids get one more year of seasoning.

Maybe this?

To:STL
Krug
Morrow
2016 1st (BOS)

To BOS:
Shattenkirk

For the record, not sure I would do it. I really like Krug alot. Just a spit ball.

He's not available, this is getting into Hall level delusion of proposal after proposal for him.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
I 100% believe that they are on the same page but just need to work out some minor details.

Sweely has done well with not over-paying anybody so far so hopefully he continues this trend.

Has Franson not been picked up yet because he wants too much money? If so, I'm hoping the Bruins aren't the team to give him a deal that nobody else will.
One rumor that I keep reading is that Franson wants to go back to Toronto if it can work out. Their interest/disinterest could be playing a factor here.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Honestly I've never seen the attraction to Yandle. I haven't looked it up but my gut feeling is that he won't blend in and isn't even as good as Krug on D. He'd be another Derek Morris. He'd drive Julien out of his mind, furthermore why take a back seat to the Rag's in terms of acquiring Shattenkirk... I don't want the consolation prize, I want the prize.

Given that Hamilton used to drive Julien out of his mind, maybe he's *too* perfect of a Hamilton replacement. :laugh:

In all seriousness, I agree with you Strafer, I've actually never been too hot on Yandle, especially last year at the trade deadline. I've softened a bit given how weak our D is right now, but yeah, I'd prefer Shattenkirk by a thousand country miles.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
one rumor that i keep reading is that franson wants to go back to toronto if it can work out. Their interest/disinterest could be playing a factor here.

It doesn't sound like Toronto is too interested then if they haven't signed him yet.

The OP of the tweet is backpeddling so hard right now

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
This seems like what we had earlier and MMB locked it until further confirmation if necessary.

Yeah. While I suspect its going to get done tomorrow as advertised, I just wanted to calm the horses until something more reliable hit the airwaves.

This wasn't the first report via Twitter either. There was one yesterday... seems like a lot of smoke and a fit that makes some sense.

Like others, I want to see more mobility back there though.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
Did someone spill the beans to early? Maybe now we won't sign him :sarcasm:
I'm torn between him and letting our younger d-men grow even if they struggle.

We need someone like him who can make an excellent first pass. Even if he isn't the fastest skater, passing is faster then skating and we are lacking a guy that can make a good pass out of the zone. His shot would also be nice to have back there.

On the other hand though we might have someone like that in providence waiting.

If it happens, I'd like to see

Chara-Franson
Krug-C.Miller/Trotman
Seids-McQuaid.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
The hockey chat, to me, is just come guy sharing his feeings, one tweet was 'Leafs want to move Dion cos he sucks' doesnt scream professionalism to me

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
They need to hold off an announcement until tomorrow as Franson needs to cross the border for the press conference in Boston.

FO are waiting to ensure he doesn't pull a "Mike Richards". :D

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

We need someone like him who can make an excellent first pass. Even if he isn't the fastest skater, passing is faster then skating and we are lacking a guy that can make a good pass out of the zone. His shot would also be nice to have back there.

Chara-Franson
Krug-C.Miller/Trotman
Seids-McQuaid.

These two should never be paired up again. Ever.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Didn't this all start the other night with someone pretty reliable (LeBrun?/Lavoie?) supposedly tweeting that Franson had signed with the Bruins and then TSN/RDS had an article with the info before being taken down?

Let's say the rumor is true...

We know that teams can go over the cap by 10% during the offseason, so I don't see that being a problem with signing Franson. Just spit-balling here, but could his signing leaking out affect a potential trade? Or maybe the player just hasn't made his final decision yet. Interesting in any event.

Last edited:

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
I do too, lots to like there as long as the money is reasonable, but I also feel like another tweak would have to come. That D would be too slow for my liking.

I still think Kelly has to be traded or no deal: if Smith is the backup, Ferlin the 13th forward, $2M for call up, the Bruins would have ~$2.1M in space. There is no way they sign Franson.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011

Chara-Franson
Krug-C.Miller/Trotman
Seids-McQuaid.
How about Morrow in the lineup? I'd like to see him get a shot.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
It was simply a "what if" if Franson signs here, no delusion. Save your "shtick" for the habs fans. :shakehead

I'm refering to Bruins fans constantly trying to make proposals for Shattenkirk when the Blues said he isn't going anywhere. Why speculate when it's been confirmed to be near impossible he's being traded currently? I give Habs fans plenty, was removed from a discussion today for hurting their feelings about bad back zack. Not trying to start anything just think it's a pipe dream at this point unless we want to send them Krejci.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
If the B's do land Franson, things will get interesting...Again. I'd expect to see Kevan Miller traded, and probably Kelly or Talbot.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Huge pass on Franson. Poor skater, poor defensive IQ, lots of mistakes under forecheck pressure, not a puck mover. He has a very good shot, strong offensive instincts, and while he can lay the body from time to time he's not as physical as his hit totals suggest and racks most of his hits after getting beat to loose pucks in his own end(the leafs spend a whole of time there)

Please don't Don.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
If the B's do land Franson, things will get interesting...Again. I'd expect to see Kevan Miller traded, and probably Kelly or Talbot.

Why trade Miller he is a reliable bottom pair guy who makes nothing and would be a perfect #7 if we sign Franson

Also he's the perfect guy to fill in for McQuaid when his yearly injury comes

Chara Trotman
Seids Franson
Krug McQuaid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad