All Bruins rumors/proposals: Reset and Sweenified

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Huge pass on Franson. Poor skater, poor defensive IQ, lots of mistakes under forecheck pressure, not a puck mover. He has a very good shot, strong offensive instincts, and while he can lay the body from time to time he's not as physical as his hit totals suggest and racks most of his hits after getting beat to loose pucks in his own end(the leafs spend a whole of time there)

Please don't Don.

I understand the risk on Franson, but putting him in a system like Clode's could pay major dividends. Question is, is it worth the risk and coin?

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
I understand the risk on Franson, but putting him in a system like Clode's could pay major dividends. Question is, is it worth the risk and coin?

Agree. The Leafs have been a raging dumpster defensively for years I think he would improve under Julien and would add some offense from the backend. He is soft for his size, depends on the price point, the ufa prices seem to be a lot more reasonable this year.

pemulis

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2008
postdocing in Sydney
Read a tweet that says Bruins/Franson 'close' and will continue talks tomorrow.

Not a fan unless its a contract like Beleskey where it comes in cheaper than expected

Even then, a guy that could barely stay on the team in Nashville isn't what we need, we need a true top 2 guy, not a poor mans top 4

Nashville's defensive group consists of 3 #1's. The others are very good as well.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Part of me wants them to see how the kids do on defense before signing a defenseman. The other wants to get a decent defenseman.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
If the B's do land Franson, things will get interesting...Again. I'd expect to see Kevan Miller traded, and probably Kelly or Talbot.

0 point in trading a solid #6-7 D who makes 800k. Why would you trade him?

Although not opposed to Franson, he is basically a worse version of Dougie and a worse skater. 6'5 and not physical, good offensively, average skater, average defensively. Whats worse is he will probably get near Dougie money ~5m

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Noooooo

Franson ****ing sucks. People just think he's a capable top 4 because he played there in Toronto but they are just a tire fire in general. Anything over 4x4 I'm not okay with.

And you know it's gonna be
Chara-Franson
Seids-Krug
McQuaid-Miller/Morrow/C.Miller

**** we have way to many bottom Dman and Franson sucks.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
If the price is right, I still hope there is something to the Franson rumors. Have to be in the 4's I think though.

I like the idea of three or four kids pushing for one spot; not two. That leaves too much room for error, especially if one of the main guys go down, because then you have to push three of them in the lineup.

I've heard plenty about how bad he was in Nashville; but he always looked good to me in Toronto when they played us; and his numbers back that up.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Noooooo

Franson ****ing sucks. People just think he's a capable top 4 because he played there in Toronto but they are just a tire fire in general. Anything over 4x4 I'm not okay with.

And you know it's gonna be
Chara-Franson
Seids-Krug
McQuaid-Miller/Morrow/C.Miller

**** we have way to many bottom Dman and Franson sucks.

That is actually not a thing, particularly when you lose 2 guys by mid November. Celebrate the bolded, not the opposite.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Agreed.
Although given my druthers I'd prefer to see Loui stay and Kelly go.

Me2.

But I was talking to Mick the other day and he said he could see DS moving Loui for a physical wing with some offensive upside still on the Front 9 of his career. Loui is not a "Sweeney guy" as far as I know, so this makes some sense.

Lou, Dan, and I started brainstorming and the guy that we came up with that fit the bill (and has some local ties) was Colin Wilson.

I would be pretty happy if the B's could move Loui and some other pieces (Subban, picks) out and get Wilson and Ekholm. Actually, if that happened, I would be way more than happy...ecstatic would be closer to the truth.

:laugh:

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Me2.

But I was talking to Mick the other day and he said he could see DS moving Loui for a physical wing with some offensive upside still on the Front 9 of his career. Loui is not a "Sweeney guy" as far as I know, so this makes some sense.

Lou, Dan, and I started brainstorming and the guy that we came up with that fit the bill (and has some local ties) was Colin Wilson.

I would be pretty happy if the B's could move Loui and some other pieces (Subban, picks) out and get Wilson and Ekholm. Actually, if that happened, I would be way more than happy...ecstatic would be closer to the truth.

:laugh:

that sounds like a win. I like that idea a lot.

nickyb

May 5, 2004
Agreed.
Although given my druthers I'd prefer to see Loui stay and Kelly go.

Who's going to take Kelly in a trade though? He's an albatross.......Even if it's for future considerations.....does he have a NMC still too???

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Who's going to take Kelly in a trade though? He's an albatross.......Even if it's for future considerations.....does he have a NMC still too???

I think he can provide a list of teams; and I think he's quite movable. Good leadership, good two way player. If you can take the cap hit, he is "only" making 2.5 million this season in cash. He could probably play the third line on many teams

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Don't understand how people can say Franson sucks yet love Hamilton. They're very similar players at this point. Sure, Hamilton obviously has the upside, but they're fairly comparable right now IMO. The only real area Hamilton has over Franson is he's a better skater, but it's not exactly like Hamilton is a burner either. In terms of style of play, you may not get a closer comparison.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada

This is the year he's super easy to trade. By the deadline he'd be worth less than 1m against the cap. Or we could trade him a bit sooner and hold back 500k or something. Regardless unless we're making a serious playoff push, he's going to be traded at the deadline. And if he does want to finish his career here, we could always sign him again for 950k next year.

I had a dream the other day that we sign Lucic next year for 6m, lol. We get all the assets AND he comes back. haha wishful thinking.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
That is actually not a thing, particularly when you lose 2 guys by mid November. Celebrate the bolded, not the opposite.

It's a good thing if you also have top 4 dmen. Of Chara, Seidenberg, McQuaid, Krug, K. Miller, C. Miller, Morrow and Trotman 6/8 should be bottom pairing dman. Only Krug in my opinion has wiggle room. Trotman, Morrow and C. Miller may progress into top 4 but should not currently be put in that position,

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
It's a good thing if you also have top 4 dmen. Of Chara, Seidenberg, McQuaid, Krug, K. Miller, C. Miller, Morrow and Trotman 6/8 should be bottom pairing dman. Only Krug in my opinion has wiggle room. Trotman, Morrow and C. Miller may progress into top 4 but should not currently be put in that position,

Nobody here is going to disagree with that. I don't believe we have 1 real top pairing guy anymore. I think we have a lot of 3-8.

Dupell6

Jul 5, 2013
I for one wanted them to start the season playing the kids on D, its about time we see what we have in morrow and trotmen, if we needed a d get one at the deadline. But if franson is indeed coming aboard i wouldnt be opposed to it at the right price, injuries will occur and we can always ship him out at the deadline if one of the kids step up

nickyb

May 5, 2004
This is the year he's super easy to trade. By the deadline he'd be worth less than 1m against the cap. Or we could trade him a bit sooner and hold back 500k or something. Regardless unless we're making a serious playoff push, he's going to be traded at the deadline. And if he does want to finish his career here, we could always sign him again for 950k next year.

I had a dream the other day that we sign Lucic next year for 6m, lol. We get all the assets AND he comes back. haha wishful thinking.

Ahhh ok, yeah that'd be amazing to get Lucic back next summer.....talk about trolling the Kings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad