All Bruins rumors/proposals: Reset and Sweenified

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
We need a #1 D and another top 4D to have a solid/contending defensive group.

Franson would be OK, as the potential top 4 D...

But Seabrook is a little too old and likely not even good enough to be our #1 D moving forward.

I'd bid big time on Shattenkirk next year.

Get Seabrook now and go after Shattenkirk next year, say goodbye to Krug and Seids to make the cap work.

It would be fantastic D group after that.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Get Seabrook now and go after Shattenkirk next year, say goodbye to Krug and Seids to make the cap work.

It would be fantastic D group after that.

if seabrook and shattenkirk cost the same as krug and seids then Chicago and st Louis will keep them

you better plan on cutting a lot more cap room from our roster.

would they be worth it? yeah probably... but be realistic. if we are adding these guys we are looking at minimum 14 mill cap hit once their current deals expire

Bruinsfolife

Dec 3, 2005
Montreal
Think I'd prefer Franson to Hamhuis.

But Vrbata would be an interesting signing. Though expensive, no doubt.

But does he fit The New Bruins?

(I've started to capitalize this, for greater emphasis on the Sweeney Era :D)

I don't care how old Vrbata is. The guy had like 34 goals last season and has had many good seasons. I`d take him right away.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Those 2 are too old to be re-signed, would have to give too much money and I don't like it.

Vbrata is 35y when the contract kicks in and Hamhuis 33y and no point to get these for just 1year.

I'm talking trade. Fill a hole this season.

Bruinsfolife

Dec 3, 2005
Montreal
Those 2 are too old to be re-signed, would have to give too much money and I don't like it.

Vbrata is 35y when the contract kicks in and Hamhuis 33y and no point to get these for just 1year.

All this too old talk. How old was Iginla when we brought him here? 36? And he still had a 30 goal season. I know people who are 25 and feel 40 and 40 who feel 25. Enough with being too old.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Think I'd prefer Franson to Hamhuis.

But Vrbata would be an interesting signing. Though expensive, no doubt.

But does he fit The New Bruins?

(I've started to capitalize this, for greater emphasis on the Sweeney Era :D)

going to disagree... hamhuis is and ideal 3-4 do everything passable type guy that can work with a variety of partners. im not convinced Seidenberg is gassed... same type of player... these guys are always underrated

as for vrbata all he does is bounce from one team to another... he scores goals and yet every team he plays with has absolutely no hesitation letting him leave. he might be the least useful 30 goal scorer the nhl has seen since peter klima spent an entire career being useless in the 1980s

as for franson... hes tougher to peg down. everyone keeps waiting for him to be something. clearly he has a good skill package.

hes been a cronic under achiever so far... a coach killer... a team's whipping boy...

sometimes these guys eventually put it together though.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
going to disagree... hamhuis is and ideal 3-4 do everything passable type guy that can work with a variety of partners. im not convinced Seidenberg is gassed... same type of player... these guys are always underrated

as for vrbata all he does is bounce from one team to another... he scores goals and yet every team he plays with has absolutely no hesitation letting him leave. he might be the least useful 30 goal scorer the nhl has seen since peter klima spent an entire career being useless in the 1980s

as for franson... hes tougher to peg down. everyone keeps waiting for him to be something. clearly he has a good skill package.

hes been a cronic under achiever so far... a coach killer... a team's whipping boy...

sometimes these guys eventually put it together though.

All fair points, though I just think Hamhuis is a bit older than what we need right now. I'd prefer to let some of the young D step up, or sign someone younger like Franson, as an alternative. Nothing against Hamhuis, he's absolutely solid, just think his cap hit and career arch isn't what we need right now.

BB88 made a good point about how old Vrbata is as well. Probably not worth his price, though I still think we need to find a legit top line winger before the puzzle is finally complete.

Franson -- you're also right, he seems to have all the tools, but hasn't fully put it together yet. But I think Julien could significantly help his defensive choices and positional play. With his size and physical play, he could blossom into a Boychuk type D, with more offensive contributions.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
if seabrook and shattenkirk cost the same as krug and seids then Chicago and st Louis will keep them

you better plan on cutting a lot more cap room from our roster.

would they be worth it? yeah probably... but be realistic. if we are adding these guys we are looking at minimum 14 mill cap hit once their current deals expire

I never said anything about sending Seids to Chicago, just picks/prospects would go to them. Krug++ to Blues. Shattenkirk will be a lot more expensive to re-sign than Krug will, saves them cap.

Well look at it this way, Krug+Seids out= 7.4M cap, we have now about 5.6M and after everything is done let's say we have 4M left= 11.4M cap space.
Then you bring in those 2, Shattenkirk 4.25M and Seabrook 5.8M= 10.05M

11.4M- 10.05M, we have 1.35M left.

Seabrook has to be re-signed after next year but so does Krug. Kelly+ Lucic's cap hit will go away= 5.7M added cap space, now we have around 7.05M cap space+ how much the cap goes up? Lou and Seabrook both get 1M raises on their new contracts and you have around 5M in cap space.

Shattenkirk has 2years left and in 2 years Chara's cap hit goes to 4M= another 3M saving, we could easily re-sign those guys if we want to.

We have ton of kids pushing into lineup with their ELC's giving us cap space.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I never said anything about sending Seids to Chicago, just picks/prospects would go to them. Krug++ to Blues. Shattenkirk will be a lot more expensive to re-sign than Krug will, saves them cap.

Well look at it this way, Krug+Seids out= 7.4M cap, we have now about 5.6M and after everything is done let's say we have 4M left= 11.4M cap space.

Seabrook has to be re-signed after next year but so does Krug. Kelly+ Lucic's cap hit will go away= 5.7M added cap space, now we have around 7.05M cap space+ how much the cap goes up? Lou and Seabrook both get 1M raises on their new contracts and you have around 5M in cap space.

Shattenkirk has 2years left and in 2 years Chara's cap hit goes to 4M= another 3M saving, we could easily re-sign those guys if we want to.

I fear EDM beats us on any Seabrook offer either by cash or by trade.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm talking trade. Fill a hole this season.

Are you willing to give up a 1st?

All this too old talk. How old was Iginla when we brought him here? 36? And he still had a 30 goal season. I know people who are 25 and feel 40 and 40 who feel 25. Enough with being too old.

Why would I want to re-sign a 35y guy around 5M?

Again the focus has to be on finding our future blue line leader, we have none in the system who could replace Chara, or are you thinking to keep Chara in Boston for 5-7years and hope he keeps beasting?

You don't pay that much money for those when you have a problem that will keep you away from winning.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Hamuis is still a top 20 -30 dman the league. You guys are crazy saying he is a #4 or you'd take Franson who is a healthy scratch on a good team. If Lucic doesn't hurt Hamuis in 2011 Vancouver would have won that cup. He's q better version of Seidenberg in his 2011-13 form.

That said he is a very down to earth guy and I can see him signing a 1-2 year deal just to stay in Western Canada so Edm Cal and Van are likely to get discounts next summer if they are interested.

Bruinsfolife

Dec 3, 2005
Montreal

Hey Einstein. Your profile pic is too old and outdated.

pfw19

Oct 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Not sure how reliable this source is, but...

The Hockey Chat ‏@TheHockeyChat 1h1 hour ago
SOURCE: Boston and Franson are looking at a 3YR / $15M deal #NHL

pfw19

Oct 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Also...

The Hockey Chat ‏@TheHockeyChat 1h1 hour ago
Bruins are actively trying to move out salary #NHL

Bruinsfolife

Dec 3, 2005
Montreal
Are you willing to give up a 1st?

Why would I want to re-sign a 35y guy around 5M?

Again the focus has to be on finding our future blue line leader, we have none in the system who could replace Chara, or are you thinking to keep Chara in Boston for 5-7years and hope he keeps beasting?

You don't pay that much money for those when you have a problem that will keep you away from winning.

Chara will be here most likely for the rest of his contract. Slowly but surely we can have a faster D while lowering Chara`s minutes.

So by your logic we need a fast young defenseman and who would that be? You also don't like 30 goal scorers in Vrbata even if it's one year for 5 mil. So let's just get a 2 million dollar player that will score 8 goals(Oh but he's 24 and young).

Do you want to score goals or what? There is cap room to get one more player basically. So do you want a scorer or a defenseman? Either way I would pay the most and get the bang for my buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad