Around the League, 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
How does Mantha get 3.5 with 44 pts in 14 ish minutes, while Sprong gets only 975,000 with 43 pts in 12 ish minutes? They both give about the same shit in the defensive zone. Weird to me that Mantha still has that value. Sprong also outscored him the year prior with similar ice times as last season.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
A very well done summary of why Sprong is not able to secure a long term agreement and is a bottom line player even with high offensive production.

This is exactly the same as Mantha in his own end or anywhere else he doesn't have the puck. The only time Mantha competes hard is the one in 50 games someone pisses him off and he actually shows the skill he has. The rest of the time he is exactly the same player as Sprong with the exception that Mantha is 6'4" which is a moot point anyways as he doesn't play 6'4", 95% of the time.

Also, this isn't why Sprong gets so little, it is why would anyone want Mantha for 4 times the amount of a similar player? Both players also enter the dog house about the same amount.

Reactions: heyfolks

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
A very well done summary of why Sprong is not able to secure a long term agreement and is a bottom line player even with high offensive production.

Excellent video. Sprong is one of the worst players I’ve seen in the back 2/3 of the ice. He screams “I need to be sheltered” as much as anyone in the league. Him getting paid peanuts is expected.

Now Mantha getting $3.5M is a bit surprising. Really banking on his upside with that contract I guess.

Reactions: heyfolks

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Excellent video. Sprong is one of the worst players I’ve seen in the back 2/3 of the ice. He screams “I need to be sheltered” as much as anyone in the league. Him getting paid peanuts is expected.

Now Mantha getting $3.5M is a bit surprising. Really banking on his upside with that contract I guess.

Upside? He is 30.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Bahstin dicked themselves trading Ullmark before Swayman was signed. Swayman still isn't signed and has a lot more leverage. Let the Korpisalo era begin. What dummies.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Bahstin dicked themselves trading Ullmark before Swayman was signed. Swayman still isn't signed and has a lot more leverage. Let the Korpisalo era begin. What dummies.
It could be worse. Korpisalo could go dog sledding and get an injury that nullifies his contract. Then Boston would have no goaltenders at all.

Not that such a far fetched thing could ever happen in the NHL. But it would be awful to see continued setbacks rain down upon a franchise so well known for sportsmanship and fair play.

(Psst...do you think they bought it? :D )

Reactions: RabidBadger

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

I forecast an exquisite level of schadenfreude here. Regardless of whether Detroit takes another step forward this year, I'll believe it when I see it from Ottawa. I think Ullmark is in for a rude awakening for the number and type of shots he will face.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

I forecast an exquisite level of schadenfreude here. Regardless of whether Detroit takes another step forward this year, I'll believe it when I see it from Ottawa. I think Ullmark is in for a rude awakening for the number and type of shots he will face.

I think Ulmark will be fine. He won't do that .930 sv% he put up a couple of years ago but carrying .910 or higher shouldn't be surprising. I'm with you on not believing in them as a team, though. Ottawa and Buffalo have just been so bad for so long in so many different ways...

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I think Ulmark will be fine. He won't do that .930 sv% he put up a couple of years ago but carrying .910 or higher shouldn't be surprising. I'm with you on not believing in them as a team, though. Ottawa and Buffalo have just been so bad for so long in so many different ways...

Ottawa fans are quick to blame their goalie for last season's failures but don't want to point at how poor they played defensively to create those chances against. Ullmark is an upgrade over Korpisalo for sure, but that Ottawa team didn't make any meaningful improvements other than Perron for their 3rd line. And I'd argue that hiring Travis Green as their coach is going to prove to be a huge mistake unless he somehow learned how to create a system since he was fired last time.

Reactions: jkutswings

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
So that Arbor Xhekaj?!?!?!

Been quite the issue for Red Wing foes in the Atlantic. May he continue to target the likes of Boston, Tampa Bay and Florida too, then be suspended for all games against the Red Wings.

Reactions: jaster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad