All Bruins rumors/proposals: Reset and Sweenified

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
doc5hole is convinced that Trotman, with his one-way contract this season, will take Hamilton's place next to Chara. I've seen him rate Trotman's AHL playoff performance this past Spring as outstanding.

Zach Trotman, a right shot, slides nicely with his one-way contract into Hamilton’s spot across from Zdeno Chara.

He quotes GM Sweeney in the article:

I have talked about having some patience for players to develop and then not being impatient in terms of their integration. And I think we are at that point. The players always identify when they are ready to play in the National Hockey League. Our coaches have to be willing to put them in roles where they are going to be successful.

You look at the progression of Zach (Trotman) and Joe (Morrow) and Colin and they are going to fit amongst our group.

See more at: http://blogs.southcoasttoday.com/bruins/#sthash.6pjy8t18.dpuf

doc5hole is convinced that Trotman, with his one-way contract this season, will take Hamilton's place next to Chara. I've seen him rate Trotman's AHL playoff performance this past Spring as outstanding.

Zach Trotman, a right shot, slides nicely with his one-way contract into Hamilton’s spot across from Zdeno Chara.

He quotes GM Sweeney in the article:

I have talked about having some patience for players to develop and then not being impatient in terms of their integration. And I think we are at that point. The players always identify when they are ready to play in the National Hockey League. Our coaches have to be willing to put them in roles where they are going to be successful.

You look at the progression of Zach (Trotman) and Joe (Morrow) and Colin and they are going to fit amongst our group.

See more at: http://blogs.southcoasttoday.com/bruins/#sthash.6pjy8t18.dpuf

This would once again put Seidenberg in the position of babysitting a guy trying to make the transition from the shallow end to the deep end.

Seids has done this for years. It's time to stop doing this, and start helping not just Seids, but Chara be their best.

Put Chara and Seidenberg together.

Trotman can slide right into the #7 slot.

We need a young-er, established, guy to help McQuaid be his best on the 2nd pair.

You're going to have to go get that DS.

Add the last piece.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I think Kelly will be a Bruin next year which I'm not happy about but only because there is nobody in the league that wants his stupid contract.

We aren't going to be a good team next year so we might as well give somebody like Koko a chance to prove himself like we did with Spooner.

Either way, Kelly has no purpose on this team. He just takes up cap space in which we could sign somebody that we could trade at the deadline for a pick. Like Franson.

boyde Gordon just got traded... nice player but id take Kelly over him any day of the week.

if the team honestly wanted to move Kelly they could move him, but theyd rather pay him an play him because he has been a very important part of a team that went to the cup finals twice in the past 5 years. dude can play and win mis-matches in the 3rd/4th line setup

now as he ages I think even his biggest supporters want to see him on a deal at 2 mill or less and in a reduced elder spokes person role providing leadership and sound defensive play from the 4th line. his offensive skill is actually top flight for a 4th line center.

that contract of his is the one and only real critism that any of us can look at, and even it is very in tune with what 3rd line centers of his ilk make. be they matt stajan, or be they boyde Gordon, or be they jarret stoll, or be they david bolland, or lars eller, or sutter in Pittsburgh... turns out that you don't need to be able to score 20 goals... or be big and physical... or be a selke guy defensively... 3 mill and up is the going rate for a 14-15 min 3rd line center that can kill some penalties and provide decent defensive play without being a 20 goal or a 40 point player

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH

As last thread reaches its limit, I figure this is the perfect time for a reset.

Sweeney has the cap under control and the roster pretty fleshed out. And the opinions are still all over the board.

A couple of teams still have money issues to sort out. A couple of decent names left on the UFA list.

What are we hearing? What are we wanting?

Prefer individual threads for trade proposals. They're all jumbled in this thread so you can't follow a particular proposal.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Changing direction from everyone repeating everything...

So not every number #1 D is a lottery pick.

Keith, Subban, Weber, and Vlasic were 2nd round picks, for instance. Shattenkirk, if you feel he is trending in that direction, was a mid-first. So was Karlsson. Chara was a 3rd rounder. Giordano was undrafted.

If you could guess on one player in the Bruins organization that could make a surprise jump, who would it be?

My guess is Trotman...kidding!

In terms of prosepects, I'd say Senyshin.

In terms of players on the team, I'd say Pastrnak.

Both have the ability to really elevate their game and defy their draft positions.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
What is the name of the new site with cap information?

Where are the B's in regard to the cap right now?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Kelly

It’s NTC not NMC. Smells like BO. Had to supply list of 8 teams on July 1 or 24 hours after being asked to. Second buyout window closed when Hayes/Connolly signed. Needed two players to go to arbitration for second window.

InterimGM

May 6, 2015
It’s NTC not NMC. Smells like BO. Had to supply list of 8 teams on July 1 or 24 hours after being asked to. Second buyout window closed when Hayes/Connolly signed. Needed two players to go to arbitration for second window.

Because it's a NTC and not an NMC, could waivers be used as a way to expand the list a little bit. I.e. "We're going to waive you, and it's likely that Arizona, Edmonton, etc. will pick you up.. or you can accept this trade to Minnesota" sort of thing?

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
In terms of prosepects, I'd say Senyshin.

In terms of players on the team, I'd say Pastrnak.

Both have the ability to really elevate their game and defy their draft positions.

I will be interesting if they give him a longer look due to the crap they took in picking him where they did.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Dom,

I love puzzles and hidden messages (supposed to keep you from getting senile)...this one was fun.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Keith, Subban, Weber, and Vlasic were 2nd round picks, for instance. Shattenkirk, if you feel he is trending in that direction, was a mid-first. So was Karlsson. Chara was a 3rd rounder. Giordano was undrafted.

If you could guess on one player in the Bruins organization that could make a surprise jump, who would it be?

I'm saying Colin Miller, if we are looking at our prospects who has the best chance to make an impact next year. I believe him to be our #1D right now outside the NHL.

pemulis

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2008
postdocing in Sydney

I think about this a lot. I always think there is a chance a 2nd or 3rd round pick makes huge gains between the ages of 19-22. If the physical attributes are there, the slick passes, good decision making can come later. If Carlo can improve his transition game, I think he could be pretty stellar. But that's just hope.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

Tommy Cross? :laugh:

I don't see that guy in the Bruins system. I would've said Morrow but his stats in the AHL aren't jumping off the page at me. Krug? Size will hamper him. Keep the 1st round picks Sweeney & draft tons of dmen

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

I don't see that guy in the Bruins system. I would've said Morrow but his stats in the AHL aren't jumping off the page at me. Krug? Size will hamper him. Keep the 1st round picks Sweeney & draft tons of dmen

Crossing my fingers that the SJS pick next year is a top 5.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I'm thinking we should package those 2 1st's and go as high as we can with them and draft the best D possible(2nd overall).

4 top 15 1st round picks in 2 years would be great if especially that next's years is in the top5range.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
There are very few NHL dmen I'd look to acquire right now(outside the ones who 100% aren't available).

Seabrooke and Shattenkirk would be guys I'd like but I just feel the return would set us back. We have 3-4 guys that will be ready in the next 2-3 years and could turn into the stud #1 we're looking for.

I'm more concerned with our actual top 6. Overall, we have a good top 9, but a weak top 6. We continue to lack that #1 sniper on the wing that Kessel/Seguin/Horton/Iginla provided us. Looch and Smith can be replaced with Beleskey and Hayes, that's fine, but we need a top 6 winger. I just don't see who it'd be?

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Or cross our fingers that a Hamilton situation plays itself out elsewhere & Sweeney sends a 1st and two 2nds for an Ekblad coming off his ELC.

We saw the price Chiarelli just paid for Reinhart. And who knows if he ever pans out. Trading for young dmen is risky business. With the cheaper free agency prices this season maybe Sweeney can land a short term top 4 guy, while continuing to stock up in the draft? The only other option is if one of Subban or Macyntire really up their value and become a trade chip (or make Rask one) for a team in desperate need of a stud goaltender.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Or cross our fingers that a Hamilton situation plays itself out elsewhere & Sweeney sends a 1st and two 2nds for an Ekblad coming off his ELC.

We saw the price Chiarelli just paid for Reinhart. And who knows if he ever pans out. Trading for young dmen is risky business. With the cheaper free agency prices this season maybe Sweeney can land a short term top 4 guy, while continuing to stock up in the draft? The only other option is if one of Subban or Macyntire really up their value and become a trade chip (or make Rask one) for a team in desperate need of a stud goaltender.

Sow the seeds of doubt and dissent now...

We should start sending Ekblad information about the Franklin Park Zoo.

And send him coupons for great Lobster + beer deals in the summer.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
I'm thinking we should package those 2 1st's and go as high as we can with them and draft the best D possible(2nd overall).

4 top 15 1st round picks in 2 years would be great if especially that next's years is in the top5range.

The risk, is that even a lottery pick D that we choose next year may take 2-4 years to become our #1 D. Then we're still losing prime years for Bergy and others in the core. Ekblad, I think, is a rare exception.

Maybe another plan is to go "all in" on acquiring and then signing Shattenkirk next year, when he'll surely be available (Blues will NOT be able to pay him the 7m he'll be looking for).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad