All Bruins rumors/proposals: Reset and Sweenified

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I imagine that the Rangers would basically give away Dan Boyle to get out of cap trouble, could he be a one year stop gap solution, give the Bruins an insurance policy going into camp if the kids aren't ready?? He had a good year last year, very good playoffs, and only has one year left at 4.5 million. Maybe they eat a million of that and still gain 3.5 million in cap space. Even then, he couldn't cost much more than a late draft pick or B level prospect.

could even explore Keith Yandle, though I think he is redundant with Torey Krug and would probably cost more than Boyle.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The risk, is that even a lottery pick D that we choose next year may take 2-4 years to become our #1 D. Then we're still losing prime years for Bergy and others in the core. Ekblad, I think, is a rare exception.

Maybe another plan is to go "all in" on acquiring and then signing Shattenkirk next year, when he'll surely be available (Blues will NOT be able to pay him the 7m he'll be looking for).

If you can get a top pairing D who is in his early prime then you absolutely go all in for him, but that 2nd overall should be 1 target if you can't find that.

It's going to be one tough challenge for Sweeney and again that 2nd overall should be the backup plan.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

If that happens I want Seids shipped out right away and Trotman to be max 7th D on the roster.

If Seids gets traded+ Trotman is the healthy scratch then I could live with Franson, 2-3 well skating puck movers and 3 physical players.

Franson would definitely fit into their tougher to play against idea, but not on the we need to be faster and create offense through speed idea, so balance the 2.

Not sure if it was discussed, but just read on Twitter that Sweeney was interested in P.Sharp before he made all these moves.

That was before we signed Beleskey, I think Sharp was his plan B for our Lucic lw replacement.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I really want Seabrook.

I'd offer Marchand + 1st (lottery protected)

for

Seabrook

Than sign a guy like Glencross/Fleischmann/Bergenheim to fill in on one of the lines at a decent contract.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Well, it for sure isn't happening now. And that's that. :laugh:

Boston has need, cap space, and a at least to me a foundational organization.

What they hopefully don't have is a deal near Sekera on the table.

I'm going to go 5/22.5 first couple years NMC

I'd do it

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I really want Seabrook.

I'd offer Marchand + 1st (lottery protected)

for

Seabrook

Than sign a guy like Glencross/Fleischmann/Bergenheim to fill in on one of the lines at a decent contract.

Seabrook has 1 year left and Hawks are in cap hell.

The only thing with Seabrook is that he is going for his last huge contract and is going to be 31y when that kicks in.

I like the idea of Seabrook, but don't know how to fit him into our longterm future plans.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Seabrook has 1 year left and Hawks are in cap hell.

The only thing with Seabrook is that he is going for his last huge contract and is going to be 31y when that kicks in.

I like the idea of Seabrook, but don't know how to fit him into our longterm future plans.

You make room for Seabrook. I'd easily give him 6 years 45 million (7.5 per)

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009

I'd do it

Those numbers would be fine and he would fit our model too.
I still think we would need another mobile D man or perhaps one of the prospects can jump in and take the reigns and push forward with this for starters.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014

By the time he's 33/34 that could be another burden, like the Seidenberg and (to a lesser extent) Chara contracts. I think I'd rather bet on some of these draft picks being winners instead. We're not really in win-now mode

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Keep the money and term for someone better than what is still available with these UFA.

Only sign a UFA if it's a 1y deal and move this player at the deadline if the B's are out of a playoffs spot.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Our priority #1 should be still looking at the future #1D and use our assets on that, after that look at players like Seabrook.

We could take Seabrook if we move Seids out, let Kelly walk after next season(there's always the fear), Chara would have just 1 year at 7M wheen his new contract kicks in and Lucic's+Kelly's cap hit savings could be used on our re-signigns.

But Marchand+1st would be brutal for us.

If you can give me Seabrook+ 2016 2nd overall I take it.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I don't think I can stomach Beleskey and Franson taking up 8-9 million dollars of our cap space

The Beleskey deal isn't even that bad I just don't want both of them

nickyb

May 5, 2004

I'd do it

Me too! :yo:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

I've always felt that Seabrook was a very good number 2 ( better than even Seids in his prime ) , but not quite a number 1 guy, a dman who I would want anchoring my defense around. Maybe I've just been spoiled after watching Chara for the past 8 or so years.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I'd give anything to have Seabrook here. He would be perfect for what we need right now. Not sure what it would take but I'd try real hard to get him.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I've always felt that Seabrook was a very good number 2 ( better than even Seids in his prime ) , but not quite a number 1 guy, a dman who I would want anchoring my defense around. Maybe I've just been spoiled after watching Chara for the past 8 or so years.

Yep, Seabrook can't be your #1D plan, he can be a great partner for that but he can't be the man.
With Seabrook we'd still be #1D short and he takes a lot of cap, then we would have to find our future #1D on ELC to make the cap work.

Edit: or we trade Krug++ for Shattenkirk.

Chara-Shattenkirk
C.Miller- Seabrook
Morrow-McQ
Zboril, Carlo, Linus soon pushing into lineup.

would look ........ deadly :laugh: Give me that I want that :handclap:
That speed+ size combo would be entertaining.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Franson better sign with the Bruins --one of my groomsmen is in with his family so that could add some insider info from time to time!

In all seriousness, I would like Franson signed *BUT* only if it means that Seidenberg is gone. Franson can be very valuable when he is on top of his game but he isn't very fleet of foot and that can't happen with Chara and Seids already around in the top 4. 3 of the 4 can't be average to slow(er). McQuaid actually has good 4 directional speed for a tough, 3rd pairing Dman. Run the comps and he is better than most but, again, you can't have Chara/Seids/Franson in your top 4.

Morrow--Franson

would be a great pairing for me, elite skater (Morrow) with big, good, young vet (Franson).

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
We need a #1 D and another top 4D to have a solid/contending defensive group.

Franson would be OK, as the potential top 4 D...

But Seabrook is a little too old and likely not even good enough to be our #1 D moving forward.

I'd bid big time on Shattenkirk next year.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Franson better sign with the Bruins --one of my groomsmen is in with his family so that could add some insider info from time to time!

In all seriousness, I would like Franson signed *BUT* only if it means that Seidenberg is gone. Franson can be very valuable when he is on top of his game but he isn't very fleet of foot and that can't happen with Chara and Seids already around in the top 4. 3 of the 4 can't be average to slow(er). McQuaid actually has good 4 directional speed for a tough, 3rd pairing Dman. Run the comps and he is better than most but, again, you can't have Chara/Seids/Franson in your top 4.

Morrow--Franson

would be a great pairing for me, elite skater (Morrow) with big, good, young vet (Franson).

Agree, Seids needs to go if we sign Franson, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad