All Bruins rumors/proposals: Reset and Sweenified

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinsfolife

Dec 3, 2005
Montreal
Seidenberg should be the guy then, because after him it would be eriksson and I would hate to lose Eriksson, our winger group would be too weak after Lou for cap save trade.
Also Franson should be the 2nd pairings RD.

We gotta keep Lou at least for this year. Let`s see if Seidenberg found his legs again.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
if these guys want a legit source with tons of credibility they could listen to the 630 ched afternoon archieve from Friday when Elliot friedman twice told bob stauffer that boston and buffalo are hot after franson

friedman is a hockey night in Canada insider and is to sports net basically what Darren dreger is to tsn. he has tons of contacts that use him to funnel legit info into the media and he breaks stories
Im not saying they aren't after him, but until someone with cred actually posts anything remotey like what this guy is posting then its nothing. He posted 2 days ago Franson signed and was bring announced tomorrow (2 days ago)

If you read his previous tweets he is hardly professional at all. Saying Torinto want to trade Phaneuf 'cos he sucks' is just one example.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Im not saying they aren't after him, but until someone with cred actually posts anything remotey like what this guy is posting then its nothing. He posted 2 days ago Franson signed and was bring announced tomorrow (2 days ago)

If you read his previous tweets he is hardly professional at all. Saying Torinto want to trade Phaneuf 'cos he sucks' is just one example.

He didn't post the tweet 2 days ago. Somebody that works for him posted it by accident and then deleted it.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
We gotta keep Lou at least for this year. Let`s see if Seidenberg found his legs again.

I want us to re-sign Lou, he's a great player and strong depth player in the future, he's a player I want us to have in the playoffs.

But if they want to bring in Franson then we need to make a cap move 1st, Kelly is the 1st option but they won't move him, then 2nd comes Seidenberg, especially when signing a new D and 3rd on the list would be Lou and I want Lou here and we need Lou here.

So if we want to bring a new D in and we need to make a cap move then it should be Seidenberg who gets moved, but right now I'm fine with the D group, give the kids chance to step up and find that top pairing D.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I want us to re-sign Lou, he's a great player and strong depth player in the future, he's a player I want us to have in the playoffs.

But if they want to bring in Franson then we need to make a cap move 1st, Kelly is the 1st option but they won't move him, then 2nd comes Seidenberg, especially when signing a new D and 3rd on the list would be Lou and I want Lou here and we need Lou here.

So if we want to bring a new D in and we need to make a cap move then it should be Seidenberg who gets moved, but right now I'm fine with the D group, give the kids chance to step up and find that top pairing D.

Honestly, I think it's almost an automatic that they don't sign Eriksson. Look at all of our recent acquisitions/signings, it's fairly clear what direction this organization is heading in. And I really don't see Loui being apart of that. At all.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
if these guys want a legit source with tons of credibility they could listen to the 630 ched afternoon archieve from Friday when Elliot friedman twice told bob stauffer that boston and buffalo are hot after franson

friedman is a hockey night in Canada insider and is to sports net basically what Darren dreger is to tsn. he has tons of contacts that use him to funnel legit info into the media and he breaks stories

Let's not go overboard here.

Dreger has gone down hill and basically rides the coattails of Bobby Mac and LeBrun right now.

I'll take Friedman over Dreger 99 times out of a hundred

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Or you just don't buy at all?

I would have rather paid Martin Mirancin 4-5 M if we are just going to do something stupid to do something at all ...

He's instantly our 2nd best defenseman and probably will be for the three years. What's the alternative on the market?

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Let's not go overboard here.

Dreger has gone down hill and basically rides the coattails of Bobby Mac and LeBrun right now.

I'll take Friedman over Dreger 99 times out of a hundred

Friedman mentioned Boston and Buffalo were talking to Franson.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Friedman mentioned Boston and Buffalo were talking to Franson.

I don't think it's any insider info that the Bruins have talked to Franson. They just might not be on the same page regarding money and a NTC/NMC.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Honestly, I think it's almost an automatic that they don't sign Eriksson. Look at all of our recent acquisitions/signings, it's fairly clear what direction this organization is heading in. And I really don't see Loui being apart of that. At all.

I can live with that if(sorry ashnathan :laugh:) they get Boedker/someone who has strong 2way game to replace Lou, otherwise very hard to see how our wing group could be strong enough. Boedker is in his early prime with strong 2way game, fast skater and has weight on him.
We should keep our strong 2way game, big part of our team.

Our LW+C combo is one of the best in the league, take Lou out and we only have strong C group+Rask. That LW+C+Rask trio is going to win us games.

Last edited:

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

If that is the case then they should be fielding offers for Louis. He is at worst the 3rd best forward on the roster this season. You simply can't let a player of that value play out the season on a mediocre team if you have no interest in keeping him long term

He's instantly our 2nd best defenseman and probably will be for the three years. What's the alternative on the market?

If Franzon is the Bruins second best defenseman for the next 3 seasons, then it is going to be 3 long years for the Bruins

Franzon may well be the best defenseman on the market left especially if Oduya has a deal with Chicago pending them freeing up space. But that doesn't make him a better player than he is. He is a solid #4, nothing more, nothing less

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA
if we're overpaying franson to be something he's never been, we should have just kept hamilton.

InterimGM

May 6, 2015
If that is the case then they should be fielding offers for Louis. He is at worst the 3rd best forward on the roster this season. You simply can't let a player of that value play out the season on a mediocre team if you have no interest in keeping him long term

If Franzon is the Bruins second best defenseman for the next 3 seasons, then it is going to be 3 long years for the Bruins

Franzon may well be the best defenseman on the market left especially if Oduya has a deal with Chicago pending them freeing up space. But that doesn't make him a better player than he is. He is a solid #4, nothing more, nothing less

I think Franson is a passable 3. The issue is that without him being our 2nd best defenseman, it means one of the guys currently on our roster that is worse than him is going to be our 2nd best defenseman. Scary.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

i like loui and hope he stays. despite not playing a "bruins style game" in the sense of hitting, flying around and creating havoc, whatever else that phrase means...the guy is always in front of the net, gets the puck out of the corners, and does everything well. he's fairly paid and i don't think we've even seen his best yet. but if they don't plan on extending him, i'd wait til the deadline and try to get a 1st rounder. i don't see the bruins making the playoffs, and he'd probably be a highly sought after acquisition.

i really like franson. he has flaws like many other players, but overall i think he's a net positive by a decent stretch. the wheels aren't great, but i thought he was excellent against the bruins in 2013 postseason - getting pucks to the net with a low, accurate shot, he uses his body efficiently, and he can really move the puck. defensively he needs work, but that's coachable and especially with julien and houda around. however...if they sign him, they have to move seids. and i'd do that, since i think seids is totally cooked.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
i like loui and hope he stays. despite not playing a "bruins style game" in the sense of hitting, flying around and creating havoc, whatever else that phrase means...the guy is always in front of the net, gets the puck out of the corners, and does everything well. he's fairly paid and i don't think we've even seen his best yet. but if they don't plan on extending him, i'd wait til the deadline and try to get a 1st rounder. i don't see the bruins making the playoffs, and he'd probably be a highly sought after acquisition.

i really like franson. he has flaws like many other players, but overall i think he's a net positive by a decent stretch. the wheels aren't great, but i thought he was excellent against the bruins in 2013 postseason - getting pucks to the net with a low, accurate shot, he uses his body efficiently, and he can really move the puck. defensively he needs work, but that's coachable and especially with julien and houda around. however...if they sign him, they have to move seids. and i'd do that, since i think seids is totally cooked.

he often got stuck having to play alongside of Jake Gardiner and Dion which had to be more than frightening

The system Julien uses defensively would certainly help him too

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007

I agree completely on all fronts. I believe if any other top 4 Dman comes in Seids has to go. Otherwise , I'd hope and pray that Trotman/C Miller/Morrow are given a chance because our D will be slow as molasses.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I just watched a Johnny Boychuk highlight video and I want to cry
**** you Chiarelli. Damn we could use #55 right about now

And no I'm still not over it. I hate that deal more than the Seguin one

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
if we're overpaying franson to be something he's never been, we should have just kept hamilton.

I don't think anyone seriously considers Franson a replacement for Hamilton.

However, he would bring better skating, youth, physicality, size, and offensive contributions to our D group, and be a top 4 D addition.

He'll be better than Seids, probably better all around than Krug.

We still need a top #1D to replace Hamilton, and I've wavered on whether we should sign *any* UFAs, and simply stay put and go hard next year.

But if the B's sign Franson, it's not a bad move. I've advocated it in the past, when we still had Hamilton, and needed another top 4 D for respectability.

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015

After Chara and Bergy, JB55 was my probably my favorite Bruin. I honestly can't say I've ever been devastated by a sports trade other than that one.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don't think anyone seriously considers Franson a replacement for Hamilton.

However, he would bring better skating, youth, physicality, size, and offensive contributions to our D group, and be a top 4 D addition.

He'll be better than Seids, probably better all around than Krug.

We still need a top #1D to replace Hamilton, and I've wavered on whether we should sign *any* UFAs, and simply stay put and go hard next year.

But if the B's sign Franson, it's not a bad move. I've advocated it in the past, when we still had Hamilton, and needed another top 4 D for respectability.

Chara-C.Miller
Morrow-Franson
Krug-McQ
could work, you have 3 hate to play against players and 3 strong puck movers, what Sweeney is chasing.

I'd test C.Miller with Chara so Chara wouldn't have to worry about offense that much, allowing him to be more of a beast stay at home D, with Trotman he'd have to be more active offensively and somehow we need to limit Chara's jobs.

That's untill you find that 1st pairing D. I'm just afraid of who they'd ship our for Franson.

We may not have the most talented lineup but we can have fun and entertaining lineup.

I want us to be hated, be a team that noone wants to play against.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

I wouldn't be so sure. he's a useful player who does a lot of good things for you. That said, and assuming no more seismic moves are made, he would bring the best return. Packaged with a prospect and/or pick, the Bruins could bring in sorely needed D depth.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010

It is hindsight but there is certainly irony that we are now craving a top 4 rhd when Boychuk loved Boston and would have likely signed for a hometown discount not far from what Franson is asking for and Johnny is way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad