Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
You probably should look up TOI data. Brown had a ton of PK time while DeBrincat is getting the most PP time - not comparable at all.

He is playing with good players all the time and not being slighted in the least. Brassars set him up for 2 incredible chances about 5 seconds apart. Dude needs to finally bury chances.
He had two golden opportunities on the very first shift…. I think that’s what you’re referring to?

Couldn’t believe he missed them both. Dude must have had 40 wide open nets to shoot into last year.

Reactions: OD99

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I guess we now know why the Hawks dealt him for peanuts. A product of Patty Kane in and out. Getting dealt out of Chicago was the worst thing that could have happened to this guy statistically and financially.
Really not an accurate take on the player.

All that said, he's on pace for about 76 pts despite being snake bitten.
This is really telling. That's great production all things considered. He does alot of the small things right too. First time he's been traded I think he's just gripping the stick a little too tight. He had a really good game against Vancouver. I've seen him score he absolutely can. This is a slump mixed with bad luck.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
I guess we now know why the Hawks dealt him for peanuts. A product of Patty Kane in and out. Getting dealt out of Chicago was the worst thing that could have happened to this guy statistically and financially.
lol

76pt pace despite being one of the most snake bitten guys in the league. He’s going to have a career year by the time the season is over and Sens fans will be lining up to pay him the $9M.

Lots of people said Panarin was a product of Kane too. Speaking of Kane how’s he doing this year without DeBrincat? He’s got one less point and the same amount of goals.

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Really not an accurate take on the player.

This is really telling. That's great production all things considered. He does alot of the small things right too. First time he's been traded I think he's just gripping the stick a little too tight. He had a really good game against Vancouver. I've seen him score he absolutely can. This is a slump mixed with bad luck.
It is great production. But we've also got two pretty productive top lines making it difficult for the other team to put out the top pair against both. He's definitely getting some ice against bottom 4 D, certainly more of it than he's seen in recent years. And a lot of PP time.

Bottom line though is he needs to score. If he has 5 or 6, we're probably 6-6 and there's less of a meltdown in the city.

Btw, I think a lot of the PP trouble is the location of the shooter. Norris isn't in his office. The PP was geared to get him the shot and opportunistically take anything else you're given. DeBrincat shoots off the other side and that completely changes everything including the top LD having to pivot to move the puck to his left, leaving a fraction less time which is causing the shooting lane to shut down/goalie closing off the short side.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Unfair comment coming up here...but he is losing them games. Vegas . Vancouver. If he buries his chances in the 1st and 2nd, this team is going to win games. Minny. He has to score and he is right - he is letting his team down because his job is to score goals. Period. 9M players have to score and he has one goal on a goalie.

But he is doing other things well and that is great. But people can rail on the defence all they want. But a 2-1 game loss and PP goes 0-5 , that is on him. The forwards are once again killing this team with meaningless goals to make it look like they are scoring a lot. But they truly aren't.

Reactions: Flamingo

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I think he has been really good

He is on a goal scoring slump and is almost a PPG. That is excellent. He hustles and plays hard on both ends of the ice. I wish more of the guys played like him and Giroux

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021
I know
Cat and G scoring should stabilize during the season G down Cat up

When I saw (about a month ago) that his career high is 34, I was wondering if he could beat that, playing with 18.
At this point, although it's early, I'd say he's got a good shot at doing that.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
When I saw (about a month ago) that his career high is 34, I was wondering if he could beat that, playing with 18.
At this point, although it's early, I'd say he's got a good shot at doing that.
He has a career high shooting percentage right now around 20, its traditionally been around 12. Even if he settles down to and it drops to 13-15%, he could still approach 30g! Would be dope to see

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
He has a career high shooting percentage right now around 20, its traditionally been around 12. Even if he settles down to and it drops to 13-15%, he could still approach 30g! Would be dope to see

He's just to keep sinking 3-pointers like he did against Vegas.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Unfair comment coming up here...but he is losing them games. Vegas . Vancouver. If he buries his chances in the 1st and 2nd, this team is going to win games. Minny. He has to score and he is right - he is letting his team down because his job is to score goals. Period. 9M players have to score and he has one goal on a goalie.

But he is doing other things well and that is great. But people can rail on the defence all they want. But a 2-1 game loss and PP goes 0-5 , that is on him. The forwards are once again killing this team with meaningless goals to make it look like they are scoring a lot. But they truly aren't.
I don't think there's anything unfair about that comment, in fact I think it is spot on. He's a scorer. He's not scoring. In fact, he's our top goal scorer and he's not scoring. @HSF playing well doesn't matter for shit. Winning matters. We're losing. Hockey is a game of momentum. If DeBrincat has 2 half way thru the game Tuesday we most like win because Vancouver packs it in. He's getting chances. He's getting opportunities. He's getting PP time. He's making plays and looks fine. But he's not putting it in the net. And he's near the top of the list as to why we aren't winning

Reactions: coladin

Speatleysson

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
Ya let's take it easy on Cat here.. he's playing hard and he's getting great chances; they'll go in eventually. Regardless of him being snakebitten, he still has a lot of points on the season thus far.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad