Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I guess you never know. It's not 100% out of the realm of possibility.
I'm willing it into existence.
Who would be our Boedker to send the other way? MJ?
Geez, he was bad, I don't know if MJ was that bad last year. I'd say I have to reach in to the history bag and say Zack Smith his last year in Ottawa as a Boedker comparable. Just atrocious.

It was bad enough I lost my favorite player, but watching Boedker was like after you take a shot to the nuts and your friends are all standing around laughing at you and pelting you with soccer balls instead of checking to see if you're okay.

5ive4Fighting

Feb 11, 2019
Lonely end of the rink
it's all fake news. both sides just pumping warm air at each other....

I think Garrioch is likely closer to reality. To me it's playing out like the Karlsson situation where the first condition to be met was "market value". Which mean somebody overpaid, EK got a monster contract, no team success and a situation a few years later where his team is looking at effectively paying somebody to take him off their books. I think pro athletes who commit to a place and a team on a fair contract and value loyalty are probably generally happier people in the end.

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa
Looks like I missed a lot here....are we now talking about possibly brining Hoffman and EK back? In that case, I say we should have Spezza and Heatley as our two assistant coaches or GM and A/GM

Let's see how crazy can that be LOL

• Haha
Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Frank and Bruce are presenting different sides to the story.

Not really. Bruce is saying DeBrincat doesn't want to re-sign, while Frank is saying DeBrincat doesn't want to re-sign with so much uncertainty regarding his new coach, new GM, etc...

Personally I think those excuses are BS and he just doesn't want to spend the next 8 years playing in a foreign country.

Reactions: Sens9292

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Not really. Bruce is saying DeBrincat doesn't want to re-sign, while Frank is saying DeBrincat doesn't want to re-sign with so much uncertainty regarding his new coach, new GM, etc...

Personally I think those excuses are BS and he just doesn't want to spend the next 8 years playing in a foreign country.
He is not going to get the chance to test drive every team to find his happy place

Reactions: DylanSensFan

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
The pick got pushed a season because of Kane. The actual pick was in the 20's the original return left alot to be desired. Alot worked out for the sens to end up with Stutzle. The Yashin deal was a way better trade.

The Sharks traded their 2019 first rounder to Buffalo for Kane but conditional on making the playoffs, if not it'd be pushed to 2020. For the Karlsson trade Dorion knew it was either going to be a pick in the 2019 lottery or a 2020 first rounder. There was no actual pick in the 20's.

Right now Norris isn't in the class of Spezza, Chara or Stutzle so the Yashin trade is better but if one of Sogaard, Ostapchuk or Merilainen becomes an above average player then it becomes less clear on which was better.

Assen na yo!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It was Ken Holland who drafted Zadina, original plan was Bouchard not Hughes. Yzerman became GM in 2019 and Seider was his 1st pick.
-------------------------------------
There seems to be lot of smoke in this case but not fire yet.

Yzerman said in presser that he plans to keep both 1st round picks but the 2nd round picks are "currency"

Rasmussen is not going to be traded, the Brass has said that Red Wings needs become bigger and tougher to play against. Trading Ras is out of question, but Kubalik or Berggren might be "currency". Coach Lalonde doesn't seem to be the biggest Berggren fan.

lots more in the "Show More"

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
So why not just come out and say that? His compatriots like Hellebuyck and Matthew Tkachuk had zero issue making it clear that they didn’t want to play in Canada anymore, why would DeBrincat care about burning bridges with Canadian hockey fans if he’s not planning g on living here?

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
So why not just come out and say that? His compatriots like Hellebuyck and Matthew Tkachuk had zero issue making it clear that they didn’t want to play in Canada anymore, why would DeBrincat care about burning bridges with Canadian hockey fans if he’s not planning g on living here?
He may have to play here all season. not likely, but possibly, and you probably don’t want to insult an entire country in which you work in a very public profession.

Could just be a polite guy who doesn’t want to offend people for no reason. It’s not you, it’s me…..

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Because there is a chance he could be here this year and he wants it to look like its the team's decision

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The Sharks traded their 2019 first rounder to Buffalo for Kane but conditional on making the playoffs, if not it'd be pushed to 2020. For the Karlsson trade Dorion knew it was either going to be a pick in the 2019 lottery or a 2020 first rounder. There was no actual pick in the 20's.

Right now Norris isn't in the class of Spezza, Chara or Stutzle so the Yashin trade is better but if one of Sogaard, Ostapchuk or Merilainen becomes an above average player then it becomes less clear on which was better.

Assen na yo!
Chara is one of the best players to ever play he literally has played more regular season games then any other D man. Secondly Yashin busted, Karlsson is on the verge of winning a Norris completely different level of players were sent the other way.

The yashin trade might be the most lopsided in NHL history.

I also voted Hughes, and now? I feel shame.
I thought I had Tkachuk so I’m even a little more disappointed in younger me.
Current me is amazing though.
Hughes is pretty darn good... No need to feel shame he is debatably number 3 in a redraft.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
lots more in the "Show More"

'Yzerman is trying to build a nucleus around Dylan Larkin. If they give up high draft picks they have to feel the player they are getting will be part of the core for a long time. Doesnt make sense to give up picks that could be core player for someone that will be gone in a few years..'

People are legitimately trying to argue that Dorion is better than him on this board. haha good stuff.

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
'Yzerman is trying to build a nucleus around Dylan Larkin. If they give up high draft picks they have to feel the player they are getting will be part of the core for a long time. Doesnt make sense to give up picks that could be core player for someone that will be gone in a few years..'

People are legitimately trying to argue that Dorion is better than him on this board. haha good stuff.
4 seasons have passed since he was appointed GM in Detroit.

his 4 year total
1687312719639.png

8 year total for Detroit and others
1687312806111.png

I am not sure what credit he deserves?

the 4 years previous : 328 games played 319 points 0.482% win
he: 291 games 241 points 0.414% win

Good old Ottawa boy, I get it.. But, I am not sure the results are there. Dorion is no better, but does not appear to be worse. Detroit has been in the dumps 1 year longer. A richer club and a US based one. And a storied franchise.

Reactions: Snowwy

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
How would people feel about Andrew Copp coming back in a trade for ADC? $5.25M for four more years, plays a heavy puck pursuit game that would fit anywhere in the lineup.

What would we need to add for the throw in with DET's 17th to be Copp?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
4 seasons have passed since he was appointed GM in Detroit.

his 4 year total
View attachment 719634

8 year total for Detroit and others
View attachment 719635

I am not sure what credit he deserves?

the 4 years previous : 328 games played 319 points 0.482% win
he: 291 games 241 points 0.414% win

Good old Ottawa boy, I get it.. But, I am not sure the results are there. Dorion is no better, but does not appear to be worse. Detroit has been in the dumps 1 year longer. A richer club and a US based one. And a storied franchise.

This awful argument again :laugh:

The team Yzerman took over had Larkin, Bertuzzi, Mantha, Hronek, Rasmussen - and that's it as far as "core" players. They had just blown a high pick on Zadina and another two 1sts in Cholowski and Svechnikov were also busting. In short, the team was in disastrous shape.

No idea why someone judge him on the team's performance during his tenure, when they've been rebuilding for at least 3/4 years due to how poorly Kenny Holland ran the team prior to Yzerman entering the fold.

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
"Yzerman is trying to build a nucleus around Dylan Larkin. If they give up high draft picks they have to feel the player they are getting will be part of the core for a long time. Doesnt make sense to give up picks that could be core player for someone that will be gone in a few years."

Interesting approach for a non playoff team.

Reactions: bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad