Rumor: Adrian Dater - Sakic looking to add a C with a bit of term and Goalie insurance- Mentions JT Miller

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I think it’s very important to mention that this is a player that has absolutely no trade restrictions, there’s gonna be a full-blown bidding war, he sign for only 5m for 1.5 years, Is a point per game player for the last three seasons, and was a point per game player in the last playoffs.
He could literally play any position as a top line player as well.

He’s going to cost a fortune.
And people bring up Eichel, But he was crippled, he’s not able to play right away, and he’s making I believe 10 million per.

That’s why his trade was so average.

Reactions: bh53 and Lemonlimey

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
If these are the prices for Miller a contender would probably rather spend a 1st or equal value this year on a nice rental and another first next year on another nice rental if they were still in the playoff hunt. Why give up more than 2 1st round picks for 1 guaranteed playoff run and another maybe playoff run for Miller? You probably could get some real nice pieces in both runs for much cheaper then dropping 3 or 4 1st round picks worth if value. People acting like that extra year is so amazing. He isn't signed for 3 or more years and he is cashing in after his deal is up.

This talk of 3 or 4 first round pick value is ridiculous.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
That’s asking for a ton, not saying he’s not a good player but he wouldn’t get the same opportunity in Colorado compared to Vancouver. He’d go back to a similar role of what he was in Tampa.

It's fair enough if Colorado doesn't think a Miller trade would be worth it. Completely understandable. But he's probably the best player available at the TDL over the past several years. He's going to be expensive.

Name one

Jordan Staal. Brent Burns.

Lol cmon man

He's 22nd in league scoring and currently an all-situations 1C. You're the one responding with completely uninformed and unsubstantiated responses.

Reactions: bh53

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
A fair deal isn’t about the number of pieces in the deal it’s about how it helps us moving forward. These hard lines usually backfire

If the best offer for 2 playoff runs with Miller is a late 1st and prospect, you absolutely don’t trade him. The team shouldn’t be looking to trade Miller at this deadline just to move him. They should be looking to get the maximum value possible, otherwise keep him and readdress in the offseason.

Reactions: Canuck86 and bh53

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
The Avs don't even have a 1st this season so I don't think a 2023 1st would be that tantalizing to the Canucks. This would be another late 1st rounder and take 2 or 3 seasons before if/when he even makes the NHL.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
If the best offer for 2 playoff runs with Miller is a late 1st and prospect, you absolutely don’t trade him. The team shouldn’t be looking to trade Miller at this deadline just to move him. They should be looking to get the maximum value possible, otherwise keep him and readdress in the offseason.

depends on who the prospect/young player is, you don't move to just move him, it needs to help our future.

Feb 19, 2018
The Avs don't even have a 1st this season so I don't think a 2023 1st would be that tantalizing to the Canucks. This would be another late 1st rounder and take 2 or 3 seasons before if/when he even makes the NHL.
Newhook has to be involved I think for this to work. I can see Halak added to the deal.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Alright go get one of those offers. I'd like to hear what offer is beating that, the team receiving Miller is okay with.

What team is going to offer a higher quality RHD prospect? I don't see it
2 1sts is a solid package for 1.5 years of Miller. The guys more blue chip don't get moved for short term acquisitions.
Byram is an absolute nonstarter. When has a top 5 pick who has progressed nicely and started his NHL career on fire been moved when they were 20 years old?
That might be an adequate package for Miller without any retention.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Alright go get one of those offers. I'd like to hear what offer is beating that, the team receiving Miller is okay with.

What team is going to offer a higher quality RHD prospect? I don't see it
2 1sts is a solid package for 1.5 years of Miller. The guys more blue chip don't get moved for short term acquisitions.
Byram is an absolute nonstarter. When has a top 5 pick who has progressed nicely and started his NHL career on fire been moved when they were 20 years old?

This offer is less than what Tampa dealt for Blake Coleman.

Reactions: bh53

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I would argue Newhook+Barron+2023 first is pretty comparable to what Eichel got and close to what the ask is for Chychrun. Miller ain’t Chychrun
I disagree. Tuch is a young top 6 powerforward signed to a very good contract long term, Krebs is about equal to Newhook, and a 2022 1st is most valuable than a 2023 first right now. Then throw in a 2nd round pick.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
If these are the prices for Miller a contender would probably rather spend a 1st or equal value this year on a nice rental and another first next year on another nice rental if they were still in the playoff hunt. Why give up more than 2 1st round picks for 1 guaranteed playoff run and another maybe playoff run for Miller? You probably could get some real nice pieces in both runs for much cheaper then dropping 3 or 4 1st round picks worth if value. People acting like that extra year is so amazing. He isn't signed for 3 or more years and he is cashing in after his deal is up.

This talk of 3 or 4 first round pick value is ridiculous.
The ask has been around 2 1sts for Miller at full cap hit. Close to the same price you'd be paying for 2 rentals. Now name a 1 year rental as good as miller that you could get for a 1st?
So sure go ahead and trade the same 2 1sts for 1 yr each of a worse player rather than the better player that will get more time to figure out coach's systems and gel with the team.

I wonder what you think Miller would go for next year. 1 year left you think he'd only return a 1st if he continues being a ppg all situations forward? IMO if he's traded next season he brings back a 1st + 3rd minimum. Now you get 2 years of that so shouldnt it be 2 1sts + 2 3rds for cost at a minimum?

If the cost on Miller was only 2 1sts I'd take that and run as a contender. Even if my team shits the bed next season I can just trade Miller and get more than a 1st back next season. So my cost to acquire him as a rental for 1 year became less than a 1st.

The only time the ask for Miller is at 3 1sts is when there 50% ret.

Last edited:

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Miller is a player who can play any of the 3 forward positions seamlessly, has been a PPG player since joining the Canucks, is good defensively, plays both the PP + PK, he’s the grit + grind type of forward most teams looking to make deep cup runs want, and is locked up for the rest of this season + next on a sweetheart deal of 5 million. Some of these offers make it clear that a lot of people haven’t watched JT Miller in the past 3 years (makes sense considering how ass we’ve been), but a lot of these offers just straight up ain’t enough.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Look at Coleman’s contract

Look at Miller’s contract, especially if there’s retention. And then look at Miller’s production vs Coleman’s.

And that was also consider a big overpay at the time it occurred.

If Canucks can get 3 1sts for Miller then good for them, I don’t think they will.

Worked out beautifully for Tampa. Not an overpay at all.

Reactions: BoHorvat 53

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Look at Coleman’s contract, that’s a big reason he got what he did
And that was also consider a big overpay at the time it occurred.

If Canucks can get 3 1sts for Miller then good for them, I don’t think they will.

Blake Coleman got what he got because of his contract being 2 years at that number. Canucks can retain and bring JT to ~2.5 million for this season + next. Blake Coleman’s career high in points is 36. Miller is much, much, much better. Worlds better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad