Rumor: Adrian Dater - Sakic looking to add a C with a bit of term and Goalie insurance- Mentions JT Miller

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I would venture a guess you think top line players go for a late 1st and a prospect no one wants LOL

If we're going to give that, I'd rather get Giroux or Hertl. No offense.

JT Miller is not worth 3 firsts. This talk from Dater is extremely unlikely to be untrue anyway. I'd rather go after other pieces than Miller. Most of the time, I'd rather they add middle and bottom 6 pieces.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver

JT Miller is not worth 3 firsts. This talk from Dater is extremely unlikely to be untrue anyway. I'd rather go after other pieces than Miller. Most of the time, I'd rather they add middle and bottom 6 pieces.

Jt miller at 2.625M for 1.5 years is definitely worth 2 late 1sts and a mid 1st value. Blake Coleman returned a mid 1st + late 1st value

No offense that you’d prefer those players over miller but what do you think half a season of 8M giroux is going to cost? Or 5.6M half a season of hertl? Bet the ask will be minimum of Barron + 23 1st which is exactly what the minimum ask on miller at 5.25M for 1.5 seasons is. Only difference is those teams would eat expiring salary fillers going back. So not only do you get them only for half a season, you essentially are paying more for them since you’re depleting your depth to get them.

Last edited:

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009

What do you think is a realistic price for either of these players? Asking price starts with the 1st + top prospect and retention is another +. Both Giroux and Hertl have a higher cap than Miller, both are producing less and neither have the option of next season without re-signing at a higher cap hit than Miller at full pop, nevermind Miller retained. So I'm well aware none of us have any say in who goes where but that seems like a spiteful take that actually leaves your team in a worse spot.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Would have to be Helleson if we are retaining on miller. There is no top end prospect and the 1st should be in extremely late.

helleson = late 1st/early 2nd value
Barron = mid 1st value
23 1st = late 1st

The price for miller at full cost starts at something like Barron + 1st for us to even consider a trade. Is the 2.625M ret for 1.5 years worth helleson to Colorado?

Sorry you were correct in what I saying, got caught up in to many convos.

I would offer that personally. Would prefer the full value.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I’d be lying if I said Helleson wasn’t one of my favorite Avs prospects. Once the olympics come about he could really sky rocket his value imo. Seems like a fairly reasonable ask.

Is he better suited as a 2 or 3C at this point?
Id prob say 3c... he has been in our top 6 playing with Getz + terry, and zegras + milano... but he was playing wing.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
This was in regards to a trade involving Henrique, not Miller just FYI.

I think I would rather acquire Miller at full instead of including two good prospects and a first.
That makes sense given this is hf boards and we all salivate at the idea of what prospects could become. Hence why Canuck fans want to maximize return value by holding 50%.

Can the avs afford miller and halak at full hits?

something like Barron + foudy + 22 3rd + 23 1st would probably get it done

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
That makes sense given this is hf boards and we all salivate at the idea of what prospects could become. Hence why Canuck fans want to maximize return value by holding 50%.

Sorry you were originally correct and I edited my comment. I totally get the 50% idea, I think any package taking Miller on likely has a contract coming back to balance it. I think ultimately the ask is probably higher than the Avs would pay and they miss out on Miller.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018

It would get it done for Hertl and Giroux. What are we even doing discussing this when we can get them?

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Sorry you were originally correct and I edited my comment. I totally get the 50% idea, I think any package taking Miller on likely has a contract coming back to balance it. I think ultimately the ask is probably higher than the Avs would pay and they miss out on Miller.
Compher + Barron + foudy + 22 3rd + 23 1st for halak + miller? Avs unload some salary and seems like compher is the guy avs fans would like to get rid of

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
It would get it done for Hertl and Giroux. What are we even doing discussing this when we can get them?
I hope by giroux and hertl you mean you could get either one for that offer and not both. Yea that would get you either one most likely. So if you prefer the player producing less with less term at a higher salary then go for it.

As to why myself and other posters are still discussing this is because this is a thread about jt miller to the avs. Why are you here discussing it instead of creating another thread to discuss hertl or giroux if that’s what you’d rather talk about? That way you can let the people that want to discuss miller going to the Avs to do so and not be bothered by it

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
That’s a pretty fair offer. I’d probably do it as a Canucks fan with bowers. I assume he projects to be a 3C at the nhl level?
I think Bower is trending towards Europe more than a full time position as a top 9 forward in the NHL. I have only seen him play once this year and he wasn't great. I may have caught him on a bad day, but he seems to have lost some of his prospect luster.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
I hope by giroux and hertl you mean you could get either one for that offer and not both. Yea that would get you either one most likely. So if you’d prefer them you could have them at that price and half them for half a year producing less than miller.

As to why myself and other posters are still discussing this is because this is a thread about jt miller to the avs. Why are you here discussing it instead of creating another thread to discuss hertl or giroux if that’s what you’d rather talk about? That way you can let the people that want to discuss miller going to the Avs to do so and not be bothered by it

Because you're pricing Miller at a point where people should consider other options.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Better offers from who? This is a message board.

Other fans have offered

Schneider +1st + Chytil for example.

Id take that over Barron +1st

The other part is, the Canucks are not having their hand forced to trade Miller now.

They can also choose to negotiate with him and re-sign him next year.

We havent exactly had a powerforward point per game player since probably Bertuzzi in the early 2000's. I doubt we let him go for nothing less than a kings ransom,

Lets say the Cup window opens for the Canucks in years. Miller would be 30 and in his prime. Sounds good to me. Not everyone needs to be 25 yrs old when the Canucks are making their run.
What Rangers fans are fine with Schneider + Chytil and a 1st

In that threads it was just Rangers fans shooting down deals even less than that

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Because you're pricing Miller at a point where people should consider other options.
It’s market value based off nhl history.

Blake Coleman returned Nolan Foote (27th ovr pick) + a 1st. Essentially 2 1sts given Foote was drafted half a season before being traded.

Jack Eichel returned a top prospect + 1st + young top 6 forward + 2nd round pick

I price miller at 2 1sts and a 3rd with no retention. For the Avs that’s Barron (25th pick) + 1st + 3rd. That’s close to Blake Coleman price. Care to explain why you believe miller isn’t worth a 3rd round pick more than Coleman?

being able to get a different player for half a season that produces less than miller and has a higher salary doesn’t lower market value on miller. Anyone that wants to pay the same price for the other player can go ahead and do so.

Last edited:

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Your ask simply isn't worth doing. There are better moves to make when you look at some of the asks in here.

That’s fine. But comparing Miller and his contract to Giroux/Hertl and their contracts is disingenuous.

Bottom line, Joe Sakic is at a position where this year and next year may very well be his best shot at winning a cup as GM for Colorado. If he feels that adding a guy like Miller for 2 playoff runs, not 1, is what pushes his organization over the top, he’ll pay the asking price.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I dunno. I like the Miller + Halak option but I think our strongest trade chip right now is Sam Girard and I don't think Vancouver needs a Sam Girard

A 1st round pick + Justin Barron is interesting, Barron has looked solid in brief time

That’s what I was thinking to once Halak plays 2 more games and gets his bonus. No reason to get an expensive backup for Kuemper.

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Nobody factors in the two players they are going to have to lose due to salary cap for basically nothing in order to fit in Eichel.
So add those two, say Smith and Dandonov to the trade. Everyone knows they are in trouble and will have to unload them with a potential kicker or two.
Tyler Johnson says hi and so does JT Miller

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Canucks are not retaining 50% on Miller. Miller would be a good fit for many teams, but only way he gets dealt this TDL is if a team makes an offer that knocks the Canucks socks off...in the Avs case for this thread that would be Newhook, Barron/Helleson AND something else, otherwise I think the Canucks hold on to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad