Rumor: Adrian Dater - Sakic looking to add a C with a bit of term and Goalie insurance- Mentions JT Miller

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
He will be the ask and I’m sure the only target that will move the needle in a trade. Vancouver loves JT Miller so it will take a player that they see being able to replace him or a top RHD Prospect like Braden Schneider from the Rangers, who are also “all in” on Miller. He’s they type of guy who helps win Stanley Cups and could be a Smyth winner.

Huge leader too who is pretty much always healthy. Guy plays like an ox.
I don't disagree with your assessment of Miller, and I'm all for aiming high on any return, but Newhook is a recent top half of the first round draft pick that took off in college and has continued his rise up the prospect ranks since his draft. These are not the type of players that get moved regardless of how good the other player coming back is. The best prospect Eichel got was Krebs, and I understand cap hit, neck injury, etc. but Krebs isn't the same caliber of prospect as Newhook. I would say 1st+Barron+ a lesser piece is probably more in line with actual trade value, I don't see most of the Avs offers being enough, and I think most of the Canucks fans counter offers are too much. The return would be somewhere in the middle. I feel the same way about the Rangers proposals. A 1st + Lundqvist or Jones is not enough, Schneider seems to be off the table so the actual value is probably more than the Rags want to spend and less than the Canucks want in return.

If you think the Canucks are getting a Schneider or a Newhook - I applaud your optimism, this isn't a trend I see often on the negativity filled HFBoards. I just don't think the expectation for Miller should be a top 10-15 prospect league wide. I am hoping for a huge haul, but I'm tempering my expectations a bit.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Canucks would take that and run. I don't think the Avs would consider it though. You'd have to retain 50% on Miller for sure.

Max retention is assumed. Canucks will have to do that with any contender to make the cap work.

:laugh: No chance Colorado does that.

No Newhook (or Byram), which are hang-ups. There's going to have to be some kind of high-value assets in return.

Take out Olausson and it’s probably close. He’s asking for the equivalence of three 1st round picks.

Yes. That is the basis of the package. The three 1st round pick equivalence is pretty much in line with other high-level player trades. Miller is a top-30 forward in the NHL right now and will come in at ~$2.65 million for two seasons. I think that is worth the three first-rounder equivalence.

Obviously, I've netted Halak out to a 3rd round pick.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Alright tell me what better offers you’re getting

Or just keep him till he walks

Better offers from who? This is a message board.

Other fans have offered

Schneider +1st + Chytil for example.

Id take that over Barron +1st

The other part is, the Canucks are not having their hand forced to trade Miller now.

They can also choose to negotiate with him and re-sign him next year.

We havent exactly had a powerforward point per game player since probably Bertuzzi in the early 2000's. I doubt we let him go for nothing less than a kings ransom,

Lets say the Cup window opens for the Canucks in years. Miller would be 30 and in his prime. Sounds good to me. Not everyone needs to be 25 yrs old when the Canucks are making their run.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Alright tell me what better offers you’re getting

Or just keep him till he walks
Yes, that's the only option available - tell you what other fake trade offers a fan has received or Miller walks in 1.5 seasons for nothing...........???????

If this was an ignorance competition you might be in the lead

Reactions: BCNate

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Better offers from who? This is a message board.

Other fans have offered

Schneider +1st + Chytil for example.

Id take that over Barron +1st

The other part is, the Canucks are not having their hand forced to trade Miller now.

They can also choose to negotiate with him and re-sign him next year.

We havent exactly had a powerforward point per game player since probably Bertuzzi in the early 2000's. I doubt we let him go for nothing less than a kings ransom,

Lets say the Cup window opens for the Canucks in years. Miller would be 30 and in his prime. Sounds good to me. Not everyone needs to be 25 yrs old when the Canucks are making their run.

This isn't really truthful. If you go to the Rangers/Miller thread, almost invariably Rangers fans are saying if Schneider was a deal breaker for Eichel, then there's no chance he's being traded for Miller.

It looks like you're going to have to find another "better" offer.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I’d pump the brakes on anything Dater says. He doesn’t even cover the team directly anymore, he’s a bit of a hack.

Soon as he mentioned Bowen Byram being available is where he loses all credibility. The Avs are super high on him, and there’s no way you recoup his value in a trade. Miller makes a ton of sense for COL, but I could’ve told you that.

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
I can see fully understand them wanting an upgrade on Jost

Jost was in over his head against Vegas and got destroyed.
Jost is a fourth line center who had to play on the second line due to the Kadri suspension. How often do you see similar players in that situation not get "destroyed" completely?

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Max retention is assumed. Canucks will have to do that with any contender to make the cap work.

No Newhook (or Byram), which are hang-ups. There's going to have to be some kind of high-value assets in return.

Yes. That is the basis of the package. The three 1st round pick equivalence is pretty much in line with other high-level player trades. Miller is a top-30 forward in the NHL right now and will come in at ~$2.65 million for two seasons. I think that is worth the three first-rounder equivalence.

Obviously, I've netted Halak out to a 3rd round pick.
That’s asking for a ton, not saying he’s not a good player but he wouldn’t get the same opportunity in Colorado compared to Vancouver. He’d go back to a similar role of what he was in Tampa.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So what would be your ask for Henrique ($1.5 retained) and Stolarz?

Also how is Henrique’s skating?
I’d say average, at this point of his career it’s all about expierence and knowing where to go to be dangerous.

Henrique at 4.25(roughly 1.5 retained)
Stolarz
For
Helleson + 4th or similar values prospect?

May be underselling from Anaheim but I like helleson a lot and would love him to be in our depth chart

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I’d say average, at this point of his career it’s all about expierence and knowing where to go to be dangerous.

Henrique at 4.25(roughly 1.5 retained)
Stolarz
For
Helleson + 4th or similar values prospect?

I’d be lying if I said Helleson wasn’t one of my favorite Avs prospects. Once the olympics come about he could really sky rocket his value imo. Seems like a fairly reasonable ask.

Is he better suited as a 2 or 3C at this point?

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Dater's media credentials with the Avs were removed after he swore at MacKinnon on live TV 15 minutes after he was eliminated by Vegas.... I wouldn't trust a damn thing he says.

The Avs were looking to trade Byram before his injury? lol yeah okay...

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
That’s asking for a ton, not saying he’s not a good player but he wouldn’t get the same opportunity in Colorado compared to Vancouver. He’d go back to a similar role of what he was in Tampa.
The Avs have a very strong chance of not having Kadri next season so he would be their 2nd line C next year he is just as capable as a winger, so could round out the top 6 forwards for this years playoff push. Not really even close to his role in TB.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
The Canucks front office trying to churn up the rumor machine with random reporters that don't have ties to the teams they are reporting on is pretty comical

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
JT Miller would be too good of an add for the Avalanche.

One player I see ending up in Colorado is Cody Eakin.

Fleury is another guy I see being a good add for Colorado.

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
The Canucks front office trying to churn up the rumor machine with random reporters that don't have ties to the teams they are reporting on is pretty comical

Nah, there is always that golden calf for playoff runs evey year. I seriously doubt Vancouver even deals Miller this season since any retention would also stick around next season.

Cornwallace

Jun 24, 2021
Why do people insist on comparing Miller's value to what Eichel was traded for?

Miller is healthy, hasn't publicly requested a trade, and can actually fit into most team's cap structure with retention...

Obviously Eichel is a better player in a vacuum, but you're not getting Eichel for 1.5 seasons @ 2.65mil.

The market will determine his value. He's likely going to be the most attractive piece at the deadline with a bunch of teams interested in his services.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
have to think this is an offseason move if it happens. avs still have kadri for a cup run and they are not going to weaken the team in other positions now to add miller for next year. i suppose they could move byram now, but we have no slot for him either. oel and hughes are already eating up left side minutes.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
have to think this is an offseason move if it happens. avs still have kadri for a cup run and they are not going to weaken the team in other positions now to add miller for next year. i suppose they could move byram now, but we have no slot for him either. oel and hughes are already eating up left side minutes.

Hughes has played off-side D before and done it well.

You dont refuse an offer than includes Byram because OEL is eating up minutes.
thats not OEL thats LOL

Reactions: bh53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad